PPR League HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPR League HDID

We had our auction in my work league last night. It's always a strange auction. People spend too much money early (mostly on studs) and I tried to hold back and get some depth.

12-team PPR, full point per catch, 4 for passing TDs, 20 yards/point for passing (not 25), 10 yards/point for rush/receiving. Yardage and catches tend to score big here so I loaded up on catches. I think I'm happy with this team but I'm a little worried about my ugly WR2 situation. And the fact that most of the guys on my team are 153 years old. Obviously if I can trade Miller or one of my RBs for a better WR that will improve things significantly. Or maybe I can trade one of my TEs for a WR2 and just ride my bench RBs at Flex.

QB Brady $38
    RB Reggie Bush $32
    RB Sproles $24
    WR Bowe $20
    WR Sidney Rice $3
    TE Tony Gonzalez $24
    FLEX Jason Witten $18
    DEF Patriots $1
    K Dan Bailey $1

Bench
    RB Lamar Miller $17
    WR Eric Decker $8
    RB Ryan Mathews $6
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw $4
    RB Giovanni Bernard $2
    WR Ryan Broyles $1
    WR Austin Colle $1 (did not realize he was cut Saturday)

You really went PPR.

I see Eric Decker still out performing Sidney Rice. You probably should start him.

Hard to see Lamar Miller being benched even in a PPR league. Who else was available at WR when you got Witten and Gonzalez? I probably would have gotten a better WR and had Miller at FLEX.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      I see Eric Decker still out performing Sidney Rice. You probably should start him.
      I'd definitely start Decker over S. Rice in a PPR league. I think you have alot of depth at RB but very little at WR. I look around at some WRs and see what you could get for some of your RBs or one of your TEs.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
        I'd definitely start Decker over S. Rice in a PPR league. I think you have alot of depth at RB but very little at WR. I look around at some WRs and see what you could get for some of your RBs or one of your TEs.
        I agree - overall pretty good team and great RB depth. Virtually all of your guys are PPR dynamos so that'll help as well. I'd try and swing Mathews/Bradshaw for a WR2/3 type to have as depth behind Bowe and Decker.

Comment

Terrific depth throughout, and above-average at both QB and TE, no easy feat; most drafts I'm in I end up with a weaker starter at QB or TE.

Only issue with your team is a lack of star power. Thinking of a snake draft, you don't have any first round talent, and, depending on league's proclivity toward QBs, arguably not even any second round talent! Since so much value is in those first two rounds, I think this is a real problem. Maybe look at teams with scrub tight ends and try to trade (Witten or Gonzalez) and (Sproles or Miller) for a more elite RB/WR and a scrub TE? Mathews/Bradshaw/Bernard gives you plenty of RB depth and TE depth isn't necessary.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. I agree that the lack of star power (sans Brady) is probably going to be a problem. Bush is definitely a 2nd round talent in a PPR league, and maybe Sproles too. I'm kind of hoping that Miller gets off to a hot start and I can package him with Witten or TonyG for an elite RB/WR.

Comment

Yeah, I like this team a lot. You have four PPR-mavens at RB, and with Witten you make up for a lack of depth at WR.

I could foresee you dealing Gonzalez for a WR, since his numbers won't stack up to a top WR and since you have two of the top 5 TEs, someone's lacking one somewhere.

Comment

I LOVE those RBs for a PPR. Love love love em. Honestly I would package Witten and Decker or Bowe for a top-shelf WR if possible, because as much as I like your RB I dont like your WR at all.

Comment

Would Tony G and Decker for Vincent Jackson (and Boldin) help?

Miller could play flex and I'd have a killer WR combo of VJax and Bowe.

Comment

And you'd still have Mathews, Bradshaw, and Rice on the bench - love that deal for you.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                      And you'd still have Mathews, Bradshaw, and Rice on the bench - love that deal for you.
                      OK, I pulled the trigger. I actually like Boldin a lot. Let's see how this goes. Now I have:

QB Brady $38
                      RB Reggie Bush $32
                      RB Sproles $24
                      WR Dwayne Bowe $20
                      WR Vincent Jackson $36
                      TE Jason Witten $18
                      FLEX Lamar Miller $17
                      DEF Patriots $1
                      K Dan Bailey $1

Bench
                      WR Anquan Boldin $7
                      WR Sidney Rice $3