A Twist on HDID....HSAI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Twist on HDID....HSAI?

HSAI? How screwed am I? I waited in the auction to take players, only jumping on Brady because of "value." Suddenly I found myself with only two quality running backs and just about out of money. I start *players...or at least that many at each position.

*27 Tom Brady, NE QB $26
    84 Tony Romo, Dal QB $4
    110 Andy Dalton, Cin QB $2

*35 Doug Martin, TB RB $47
    *39 Chris Johnson, Ten RB $29
    117 Rashard Mendenhall, Ari RB $6
    140 Fred Jackson, Buf RB $2
    148 Michael Bush, Chi RB $1

*33 A.J. Green, Cin WR $35
    *66 Mike Wallace, Mia WR $14
    86 James Jones, GB WR $11
    107 DeSean Jackson, Phi WR $8
    108 Torrey Smith, Bal WR $7

*95 Kyle Rudolph, Min TE $6

*134 Josh Brown, NYG K $1

*142 Packers D/ST D/ST $1

And of course one Flex position. It's an ESPN standard scoring. So...how screwed am I? Some teams are loaded with RBs, what should I try to offer for a reasonably decent back up?

EDIT: Forgot to mention...10 team league. That makes it look better...eh??
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

For $9 you did pretty well. Mendenhall and Jackson are decent cheap backups. Both should get a lot of carries. Bush is the GL guy, so you could bet lucky if worse comes to worst.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

in a 10-teamer, your WR2 and TE1 are pretty weak (Torrey Smith will likely end up being your WR2), but other than that, I don't see any real issues.

Comment

I don't think you are that screwed. Martin is the #2 overall player, and you got two other guys I'd rank in the top 20 (AJ Green and Chris Johnson). In a 10 team league, each team should have only two top 20 players, and you've got three, despite one of them being super-stud Martin.

I think you may be in the unusual position of actually needing to trade a great player for two good players. I'd wait until after week 1, and then try to sell high by trading whoever has the best game of (AJ Green/Chris Johnson/Tom Brady) and one of your backup WRs (again, whoever has the best week 1) for two good starters.

Comment

It's not amazing for a 10-teamer, but it's not bad either. You have some studs, and a lot of depth in case of injury. Figuring out who to start at WR2 and Flex each week will be a bitch, though.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            in a 10-teamer, your WR2 and TE1 are pretty weak (Torrey Smith will likely end up being your WR2), but other than that, I don't see any real issues.
            I was "running" someone up with Rudolph...I wasn't happy with getting him as I expected my competitor to go to $7.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
            X