Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keepers Help

Afternoon all.

It's a 12 team keeper league with fairly standard ESPN rules.

I can keep two players based on the round where they were picked the previous year (minus one).

Choice:

Adrian Peterson (cost = 1st round pick this year)
    Doug Martin (2nd round)
    Cam Newton (6th round)
    AJ Green (7th round)

For what it's worth, I pick 9th in round 1.

Leaning towards Peterson and Green. Views from the pigskin junkies?

Wow Peterson and Martin are both 1st rd picks and top 5 RBs this year. Of course Adrian Peterson is a keeper. I love Martin, but I would lean toward AJ Green due to his value.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I agree 100% with Piney Boy.

Peterson and Green are your two keepers here.

Comment

I'm a huge Green fan (he's one of my keepers in my main league) but I disagree, lock up the top two running backs in the NFL and forget about it.

Look at it this way - would you rather have Peterson, Martin and a WR like Antonio Brown? or Peterson, Green and an RB2 like Chris Ivory?

I know which one I'd rather go in to battle with.

Comment

If I'm making a run for this year I'm with friar, I'm keeping the running backs. If I wasn't too keep an eye on the future then I'm keeping Green. I am mute of a win now guy, keep the running backs.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Peterson & Martin, pretty easily. But I would trade Green and a pick for an earlier pick.

Comment

Agree with Ed, AP and Martin, and it isn't close...you have arguably the 2 best RB's in football, and if you decide to deal one of them, either one would get you AJ Green + another really good player.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks lads. Interesting perspectives.

Additional: this isn't much of a trading league, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X