Advice/Tips for a Newbie Entering an IDP League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice/Tips for a Newbie Entering an IDP League

I've been looking for a serious football league for the past few years now and I found a league that seems to be a good fit. 16 Team Dynasty Style format with contracts. The caveat is that it's IDP.

I'm beginning a dispersal draft this weekend and I've never played IDP with any level of seriousness.

Anyone have any advice in terms of how to rank IDP players in with their Offensive counterparts? For example, how would the best linebacker match up against the best QB. The best CB against the best WR, etc?

I am in an IDP league and the best LBs (go first by the way) do not go until the middle of the draft and that is usually me that starts drafting them. Usually the top guys (1-5) in tackles will go that early with the rest going near the end of the draft. It is a keeper league where we keep 3 guys so no one ever keeps a defensive player. CB/S never go early in this league. I usually target LBs first then DLs then maybe a CB/S that is near the top. I always finish in the top 3 during the regular season, but the playoffs are another issue.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Make sure you have the bulk of your offensive guys picked before drafting a defensive player. Defensive players are somewhat interchangeable. Offensive players, not so much.

LB's are your bread-butter on the defensive side in terms of points, make sure you don't get stuck with dregs at this position.

DL's, unless you grab one of the top 10 or so, you can wait on this position. I try to grab at least one top DL and skim the rest later in the draft.

DB's, I always wait on this position as value can be had near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
        Make sure you have the bulk of your offensive guys picked before drafting a defensive player. Defensive players are somewhat interchangeable. Offensive players, not so much.

LB's are your bread-butter on the defensive side in terms of points, make sure you don't get stuck with dregs at this position.

DL's, unless you grab one of the top 10 or so, you can wait on this position. I try to grab at least one top DL and skim the rest later in the draft.

DB's, I always wait on this position as value can be had near the end.
        I play in an Idp - we count tac- assists - int - SACK- td

1. MIDDLE LB - HIGH TAC AND ASSIT
        2 STRONG SAFTY'S - HIGH TAC AND ASSIST - SOME INT AND SAC
        3. DEF END - HIGH SACK TOTALS
        I STAY AWAY FROM MOST CORNERS AND OUTSIDE LB - IF THEY ARE GOOD NO ONE THROWS IN THEIR DIRECTION AND GREAT RUSH OUTSIDE LB HAVE LOW TACKLE COMPARE TO MLB/INSIDE LB.

**** IF YOU CAN FIND A HYBRID LB - THAT IS LISTED AS A DEF LINEMAN THEY ARE GOLDEN - HIGH TAC RATE FOR A LINEMAN WITH SACS AND INT.

Comment

Working...
        X