No announcement yet.

It's Tourney Time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was an awesome game. Tight all the way through.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Morehead wins at the buzzer!

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        Morehead wins at the buzzer!
        Well not quite at the buzzer, Louisville has a possession after. Morehead really played well in this game, Kenneth Faried is a BEAST on the boards. Preston Knowles getting hurt also played a big role, but this wasn't a case of Louisville losing as much as Morehead winning. Awesome game too. Good first day so far (I don't count those first four BS things)

Comment

and now a turrible shot by Juan Fernandez for Temple goes in with 0.4 left FTW. Four games in the books in the real tourney and three have gone down to the wire. Oh and Kentucky has its hands full with Princeton... GO SMART KIDS

Comment

Snoozefest to start off the night sessions after an exciting afternoon. Let's hope the late games pick it up (I suspect they might with a few marquee matchups, particularly St John's-Gonzaga & Michigan State-UCLA)

Comment

I just noticed Gene Keady is on the St John's coaching staff.

Comment

Big East Day 1 Update (Overall 4-2)
                Pitt: Despite a slow start, did what they were supposed to do. Nothing to see here.
                UConn: No tired legs here. Definitely a Final Four contender.
                Louisville: This was a killer for the conference. Losing Knowles and having Siva play like crap for 35 minutes were both a lot to overcome, a very good game by Morehead was the real reason for the loss.
                WVU: Despite being a 5 lots of people expected them to fall but they looked strong after a slow first 15 minutes. Could give UK fits on Saturday.
                Cincy: Unfortunately they have to play UConn next because this was the win of the night for the BE IMO. They were in control start to finish.
                St. John's: Really easy to see this one coming, unfortunately for SJU and it's senior-heavy roster, losing Kennedy at the wrong time and drawing a Gonzaga team in mid-stride were death knells.

Day 2 will be tellingl for the big 11. ND and Cuse should roll but Georgetown, Nova and Marquette are all in for fights. If two of the three come through it'll be a good first round, one of the three it'll be passable, none of the three and the naysayers will start chirping.

Comment

Louisville guard's defense was horrid on the last shot. Everyone knew the Moorehead was taking the 3 to win. Can you get up in his jock and force the drive or kick-out at least? Well deserved loss for Louisville.

I had no confidence the Johnnies would beat the Zags.

UCLA played a very good game.

I like Nova to come up big today. Not so much on G-town.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Texas-Oakland is like watching a track meet.

BTW the CBS watch live sucks. Every 5 minutes it fades out and says the game is ended.

ARGHHH

Comment

I think the best part was when we won by 30...definitely.

Bring on the Dukies!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post

Bring on the Dukies!
                        I rarely hope for Michigan to do well but Sunday will be a welcome exception

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Louisville guard's defense was horrid on the last shot. Everyone knew the Moorehead was taking the 3 to win. Can you get up in his jock and force the drive or kick-out at least? Well deserved loss for Louisville.

I had no confidence the Johnnies would beat the Zags.

UCLA played a very good game.

I like Nova to come up big today. Not so much on G-town.
                          I think it's pretty revisionist to say "Everyone knew Morehead was taking a 3." The shooter was having a terrible game (0-5 from 3, 2-9 overall, 5 TOs). I agree Siva's D was terrible he bit the drive fake hard but to say he should have known they were gonna shoot the 3 isn't really fair.

UCLA did play well although I couldn't believe how much they let MSU back in the game late. That's what you get with mediocre teams, I expect Florida to stomp them with that homer crowd.

The difference between Gtown and USC (who VCU beat already) is depth. The Hoyas have 9 guys who average 10 minutes or more. USC was gassed against VCU since they only go 6 deep and VCU likes to play up tempo. The big question is gonna be the health of Chris Wright. If he is really good to go, Georgetown is in much better shape.

Looks like the Jekyll and Hyde Nova team is in full effect as usual today.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                            I think it's pretty revisionist to say "Everyone knew Morehead was taking a 3." The shooter was having a terrible game (0-5 from 3, 2-9 overall, 5 TOs). I agree Siva's D was terrible he bit the drive fake hard but to say he should have known they were gonna shoot the 3 isn't really fair.
                            I dont think so. In watching it, I remember saying to myself 'wow with 20 seconds, the kid is just draining the clock instead of trying to score quick and if he misses, he' gives the foul'. Th kid stayed 25 feet away for 15 of the 20 seconds, except for one jab fake.

Comment

Big East goes 7-4 overall with three of the losses from the teams that many expected to lose (Nova thanks to their inconsistency, SJU thanks to the loss of Kennedy and Georgetown thanks to Chris Wright). Wright definitely wasn't the same but they can't blame that loss on him, they got schooled.

At most five teams will make it through the weekend as Cuse faces Marquette who was impressive against a very good Xavier team and UConn faces Cincy.

Big Ten 5-2
                              ACC 3-1
                              Big 12 3-2
                              SEC 2-3
                              A-10 2-1
                              Pac 10 3-0 (excluding USC loss to VCU)
                              CAA 2-1 (excluding VCU win over USC)
                              MWC 2-1

Good start for chalk with 25 of 32 higher seeds prevailing and all the multi-bid conferences posting positive W-L records except the SEC.

Butler and Morehead State are the only teams remaining from single-bid conferences (and Butler has a different pedigree)

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post

Bring on the Dukies!
                                Thanks, Mike Hamilton! I'm sure talking about Pearl being evaluated at the end of the season 48 hours before the tournament started had nothing to do with the Vols folding like a cheap tent in the second half. There was a chance, up until Michigan opened the second half strong; by that point, it was quittin' time.

Comment

Working...
                                X