No announcement yet.

It's Tourney Time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Kemba Walker is really a beast. At least half a dozen times he was defended... perfectly... and either made an improbable move to get away or took what looked like a bad shot that ticked through smoothly. The only annoying thing was listening to Rafftery wash his balls all night. I think he might ask Walker out on a date soon.

Did anyone see Wisconsin and Penn State embarrass the game of basketball last night? That's not a misprint... PSU 36 - Wisconsin 33. For comparison's sake:
    Kemba Walker would have competed in that game... he scored 33 in a very good defensive battle.
    Kailin Lucas would have kept Michigan State close... by himself with 29 points.
    Oh and Jimmer Fredette would have smoked both teams with his 52.

Comment

Cuse was lucky to get it to OT. The better team won last night.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Cuse was lucky to get it to OT. The better team won last night.
        Agreed. We played poorly for stretched but they were the better team on the whole anyway and made really good adjustments at halftime

Comment

If anyone missed what UConn and Kemba Walker just accomplished it's pretty incredible. They won five games in as many days, four against ranked opponents who are NCAA bound, three against likely protected (top-4) seeds in the NCAA tournament.

Walker was incredible in as dominant a run as I can remember. He averaged 26 points, 6.4 boards, 4.2 assists and 2.8 steals. He shot 47% from the field and 85% free throws (his driving ability got him to the line 54 times). The only negative was his three point shooting, he was just 2 of 16 on the tournament. I take it back, he deserves all the ball washing...

... and mind you this is from a guy who is loathe to say anything good about UConn. Oh and enjoy those NCAA sanctions Huskies! (now I feel better)

Comment

umjewboy, we meet again.

Comment

Some weird choices. UAB got in for playing and losing to good teams early that Colorado and Virginia Tech didn't play. So as long as those two schools had played and lost to those teams, they'd have been in, apparently.

I'm all for rewarding a tough schedule, but geesh, how about winning one of those games here and there?

Clemson also an odd pick....
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeEagle View Post
                umjewboy, we meet again.
                That we do. Interesting matchup. We are terrible at rebounding. You guys are good. We have an outstanding turnover margin, yours is not so much.

We are playing really good lately. I like our chances. But we will see. Lots of freshmen, maybe some nerves. We are also pretty dependent on the three so that often swings the game if they are falling or not.

Comment

Is there an RJ Bracket Contest this year that I'm just missing?

Comment

The short turnaround for Clemson is showing in the second half. They look gassed -- although I won't take it away from Huggy who turned around a slow start.

Butler ODU is a battle right now

Comment

I am liking the option to change the channel to the other games.

Comment

And here comes Clemson!!!!
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          I am liking the option to change the channel to the other games.
                          yes... major win. If you have enough TVs and computers you can watch four games at once

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            And here comes Clemson!!!!
                            lol.....never mind

Comment

Lots of chatter will go down about the 11 Big East teams as some will make the case the conference didn't deserve it and others will support. Here's a rundown of the teams:

Pitt: The Southeast is weak across the top lines and should set up well for Pitt but many people have their doubts. Should cruise through the 1st round
                              Notre Dame: Will cruise to the second game but could have a tougher challenge their and certainly staring down a sweet 16 clash with Purdue
                              UConn: Will they have tired legs from winning five in five or will the big Mo carry them far? Not really an upset candidate against Bucknell
                              Syracuse: Jekyll & Hyde team could go either way on a given night. That night won't be in a really good matchup with Ind. St.
                              Louisville: Tied with Moorhead State at half, something tells me Pitino will make the adjustments needed at halftime
                              WVU: Probably overseeded as a 5 they quieted upset talk over Clemson and should face the Kentucky babies, a win would be BIG.
                              Georgetown: VCU will play them tough but a healthy Chris Wright could be the difference.
                              Cincy: Again a slight overseed and another popular upset pick, will create an all-BE second rounder with a win
                              St. John's: Mid-major leading lady Gonzaga will be tough, especially withough DJ Kennedy, but this is a tough and experienced team
                              Nova: Not the way you want to enter the tourney and facing a tough GMU (the CAA is showing strong so far) with a win could rattle some cages against OSU
                              Marquette: Xavier dominated the A-10 but out of conference didn't win much big (beat Butler) and this could be a winnable game. Cuse looms in round 2

Comment

Dayum... what a game between Butler and ODU. Pitt will have a fight from the Bulldogs

Comment

Working...
                                X