Draftmasters Mock Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draftmasters Mock Drafts

So, Jim Day (Fantasy Taz and now part of PFF) hosts these Draftmasters drafts from Feb 1 thru the start of the season.

They just started and I got in on #4. Most of the drafters are resident "experts" like me.

But, I have found this draft to be disturbing so far. I'm going to post the results and see if you see the really weird scenario in this draft.

I bolded my team so far (it consists of Rice, Murray, Wayne and Brady).

Scoring: Regular PPR with 4pts passing TD Rosters: 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1K and 1DEF

1.01 1. @LukeB5301 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB
    1.02 2. @TheExecNY Foster, Arian HOU RB
    1.03 3. @Eric_Yeomans McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
    1.04 4. @caseypwalsh7 Spiller, C.J. BUF RB
    1.05 5. @_TCCannon Johnson, Calvin DET WR
    1.06 6. @RWELLS71 Martin, Doug TBB RB
    1.07 7. @ffconsistency Rice, Ray BAL RB
    1.08 8. @FFMagicMan Richardson, Trent CLE RB
    1.09 9. @The_Street_FA Charles, Jamaal KCC RB
    1.10 10. @artyshellz Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
    1.11 11. @gonnagettebowed Green, A.J. CIN WR
    1.12 12. @Fantasytaz Morris, Alfred WAS RB
    2.01 13. @Fantasytaz Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE
    2.02 14. @gonnagettebowed Johnson, Chris TEN RB
    2.03 15. @artyshellz Jones, Julio ATL WR
    2.04 16. @The_Street_FA Marshall, Brandon CHI WR
    2.05 17. @FFMagicMan Forte, Matt CHI RB
    2.06 18. @ffconsistency Murray, DeMarco DAL RB
    2.07 19. @RWELLS71 Bryant, Dez DAL WR
    2.08 20. @_TCCannon Harvin, Percy MIN WR
    2.09 21. @caseypwalsh7 Ridley, Stevan NEP RB
    2.10 22. @Eric_Yeomans Graham, Jimmy NOS TE
    2.11 23. @TheExecNY Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
    2.12 24. @LukeB5301 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB
    3.01 25. @LukeB5301 Wilson, David NYG RB
    3.02 26. @TheExecNY Johnson, Andre HOU WR
    3.03 27. @Eric_Yeomans Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB
    3.04 28. @caseypwalsh7 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR
    3.05 29. @_TCCannon Cobb, Randall GBP WR
    3.06 30. @RWELLS71 Crabtree, Michael SFO WR
    3.07 31. @ffconsistency Wayne, Reggie IND WR
    3.08 32. @FFMagicMan McFadden, Darren OAK RB
    3.09 33. @The_Street_FA Gore, Frank SFO RB
    3.10 34. @artyshellz Cruz, Victor NYG WR
    3.11 35. @gonnagettebowed Sproles, Darren NOS RB
    3.12 36. @Fantasytaz Jackson, Steven STL RB
    4.01 37. @Fantasytaz White, Roddy ATL WR
    4.02 38. @gonnagettebowed Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB
    4.03 39. @artyshellz Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR
    4.04 40. @The_Street_FA Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE
    4.05 41. @FFMagicMan Brees, Drew NOS QB
    4.06 42. @ffconsistency Brady, Tom NEP QB
    4.07 43. @RWELLS71 Bush, Reggie MIA RB
    4.08 44. @_TCCannon McGahee, Willis DEN RB
    4.09 45. @caseypwalsh7 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
    4.10 46. @Eric_Yeomans Mathews, Ryan SDC RB
    4.11 47. @TheExecNY Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

New update:
    4.12 48. @LukeB5301 Decker, Eric DEN WR
    5.01 49. @LukeB5301 Miller, Lamar MIA RB
    5.02 50. @TheExecNY Newton, Cam CAR QB
    5.03 51. @Eric_Yeomans Welker, Wes NEP WR
    5.04 52. @caseypwalsh7 Bradshaw, Ahmad FA* RB
    5.05 53. @_TCCannon Stafford, Matthew DET QB
    5.06 54. @RWELLS71 Wallace, Mike PIT WR
    5.07 55. @ffconsistency Witten, Jason DAL TE
    Last edited by griswold; 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM.

People are waiting real long on QBs -- other than the guy who took Kaepernick before every QB except Rodgers. That pick aside, this is not surprising in 1-QB leagues, particularly in the 4 point pass TD format, given how many quality options there are.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      People are waiting real long on QBs -- other than the guy who took Kaepernick before every QB except Rodgers. That pick aside, this is not surprising in 1-QB leagues, given how many quality options there are.
      WINNER!

I have rarely seen people wait that long on QB's....this has always made sense to me but you'd always see someone grabbed Rodgers, Brady and Brees in the 1st or 2nd round.

But when I saw the guy draft Kaepernick before Brees and Brady, I jaw dropped.

I like Kaepernick as much as the next guy but seriously?

If you folks want, I'll continue to post updates and if/when I get involved in more Draftmasters, I'll post those as well.

I figure it's good conversation during the offseason for us football freaks.

Comment

Are you guys also surprised by Rice dropping to #7 ???

I was shocked to be able to draft him that low.

I know that Pierce was getting occasional carries, but not enough to drop him that low.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

I know that Pierce was getting occasional carries, but not enough to drop him that low.
          He does seem to be falling out of favor with some folks. I suspect it's a combination of mileage, playoff fumbles, and an increase in Pierce's role. I would take him well before 7th in PPR, though.

And yes, please keep us updated.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            He does seem to be falling out of favor with some folks. I suspect it's a combination of mileage, playoff fumbles, and an increase in Pierce's role. I would take him well before 7th in PPR, though.

And yes, please keep us updated.
            Yeah, that's interesting on Rice. I saw in another Draftmaster's draft that Rice went 4th, so maybe it was just these drafters who were down on him.

I'll keep updating as the draft moves on.

Thanks!

Comment

Not really, he's getting some mileage on him, and Pierce is going to get more than the occasional carry, based on what we saw last season.

I would have taken either Richardson or Charles before him in this format...people don't realize just how banged up Richardson was last season. And both guys have new coaches who are very offensive minded.

I'm not surprised to see Kapernick picked that high either...people think he's going to run for 75 yards and a TD every game. Not going to happen, but I think that those are the expectations.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

- Spiller at 4 is the highest I've seen for him
                - Richardson at 8 is really dependent on his production level improving, as he was just not that good last season
                - Chris Johnson at 14? Yecchh.
                - Randall Cobb at 29, even with Jennings gone, seems high

I'm not surprised at all about the QBs. There are more top shelf QBs in the NFL now than perhaps ever before. This past season saw the addition of no less than FOUR fantasy starting QBs (RGIII, Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson), creating a situation where the starting QB pool is now about 16-18 deep and the elite fantasy QBs are about 10 deep. Any "expert" worth his weight shouldn't touch a QB before round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Not really, he's getting some mileage on him, and Pierce is going to get more than the occasional carry, based on what we saw last season.

I would have taken either Richardson or Charles before him in this format...people don't realize just how banged up Richardson was last season. And both guys have new coaches who are very offensive minded.

I'm not surprised to see Kapernick picked that high either...people think he's going to run for 75 yards and a TD every game. Not going to happen, but I think that those are the expectations.
                  With no other weapons on their team, I'm staying away from drafting Richardson and Charles that high as I believe teams will really focus on stopping them.

I agree with you on Kaepernick.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    - Spiller at 4 is the highest I've seen for him
                    - Richardson at 8 is really dependent on his production level improving, as he was just not that good last season
                    - Chris Johnson at 14? Yecchh.
                    - Randall Cobb at 29, even with Jennings gone, seems high

I'm not surprised at all about the QBs. There are more top shelf QBs in the NFL now than perhaps ever before. This past season saw the addition of no less than FOUR fantasy starting QBs (RGIII, Kaepernick, Luck, Wilson), creating a situation where the starting QB pool is now about 16-18 deep and the elite fantasy QBs are about 10 deep. Any "expert" worth his weight shouldn't touch a QB before round 3.
                    Thanks Revo....I agree with your thoughts on QB's for this upcoming season....but there has always been those crazy "experts" who jump on a top QB in the past so I was surprised to see everyone wait.

Comment

I posted the next update....I grabbed Jason Witten for the PPR gold that he is.

Comment

With no other weapons on their team, I'm staying away from drafting Richardson and Charles that high as I believe teams will really focus on stopping them.

I agree with you on Kaepernick.
                        Both have produced without weapons before. Why would they stop producing all of a sudden?
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yeah but richardson got beat up and toughed it out this season.

And Dwayne Bowe will be gone from KC leaving with nothing but Charles.

Comment

Yeah but richardson got beat up and toughed it out this season.

And Dwayne Bowe will be gone from KC leaving with nothing but Charles.
                            Richardson came into the season injured and continued to get hurt throughout the year, yet toughed it out and finished with decent numbers. With a full off-season to get healthy, and a new staff that's full of offensive minded guys, I think that he's going to be a force next year. People forget that Cleveland has a damn good offensive line as well.

New coaching as well in KC, the same people who figured out how to get the absolute max out of Shady McCoy...most likely a new QB as well.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                            X