Brandon Aubrey, Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Aubrey, Dallas Cowboys

I'm not a Cowboys fan and I'm just learning about this guy but his story sounds amazing. He was a soccer star in HS and college, never even playing on the football team in either college or HS. He played in the United Soccer League after college but was released after 2 years, never having scored a goal. He then became a software engineer for 4 years. He was watching an NFL game w his wife when he saw a kicker miss a FG. His wife told him "You could do that", to which he is supposed to have indicated that he agreed w her. He supposedly contacted several NFL teams but noone was interested. He started working w a former college placekicker (Brian Egan) from 2019-22. He was drafted by the Birmingham Stallions of the USFL in 2022 and played 2 seasons w them, making 53 of 57 FG attempts. The Cowboys then showed interest and he was released in July 2023 so he could sign w them. He hasnt missed a FG this year, hitting 30 of 30 which is an NFL record to start a career, altho he has missed 3 PATs. On this past Sunday, in a signature win against the Eagles, he became to the 1st NFL kicker to hit 2 59-yard+ FGs in the same game.

Wow, that's amazing

Comment

The 60 yard field goal amazed me. Not because it was 60 yards -- that's incredibly difficult, sure. But it didn't look particularly close. It didn't just barely clear the crossbar. It hit the back wall behind the field goal. If you didn't know this was a 60 yarder, you might watch it and think it was just a normal 40 yard field goal that goes through the uprights and hits the back net. Seems like that one would have been good from 70?

Comment

With 1 game left, he's still perfect, 35 for 35.

Comment

Aubrey ended up missing 2 FGs in the last regular season game, to end up 36-38. 1 was blocked and the other hit the goalpost.

Comment

Working...
          X