Jaguars employee steals $22 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguars employee steals $22 million

Wow, I've heard of skimming off the top. But this guy was skimming off the top, bottom, and the sides too.

A former employee of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been accused of stealing more than $22 million from the NFL team to fund a lavish lifestyle, according to court documents filed in US District Court this week.

A former employee of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been accused of stealing more than $22 million from the NFL team to fund a lavish lifestyle, according to court documents filed in US District Court this week.

Last edited by madducks; 12-07-2023, 05:46 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

We were talking about this in the office today - this employee aside, if you are getting $5 million a year stolen for 4 years, you don't have a problem with one employee you have a controls problem and a reporting problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      We were talking about this in the office today - this employee aside, if you are getting $5 million a year stolen for 4 years, you don't have a problem with one employee you have a controls problem and a reporting problem.
      Yup. He was the only one working on their "virtual credit card" and apparently had little oversight.

Comment

It's been a rough last two months for the Jaguars. On October 29, the Jaguars beat the Steelers to improve their record to 6-2 before going into the bye week. After the bye week they went 3-6 and missed making the playoffs by just a few inches after getting stopped at the goal line by the Titans in their final game of the season. This Jaguars loss also opened the door for the Steelers to make it into the playoffs. So, what happened to the Jaguars after their victory over the Steelers? There are some who believe that it was the curse of the Terrible Towel.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X