• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 1 Thread

Opening night!

Travis Kelce ruled out.

Some reactions to Opening Night:
    - it's crazy how much the offense runs through Kelce. The backup TEs had a nice night, but the receiving group appears shockingly subpar.
    - Kadarius Toney had himself a game to forget, but not sure the Chiefs brass or Chiefs nation will anytime soon. Three drops! Including one that was deflected and ran back for a pick six.
    - CEH's usage had to surprise Isiah Pacheco owners
    - Jahmyr Gibbs looks like he's shot out of a cannon. Him and Montgomery look like they will be a good thunder & lightning duo

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      - CEH's usage had to surprise Isiah Pacheco owners
      Did you mean to say Jerick Mckinnon instead of Pacheco?

As a Pacheco owner I wasn't expecting 100% share, and in fact CEH primarily came in to spell Pacheco for a series when Pacheco hurt his hip. The real surprise was 0 carries for Mckinnon, not Pacheco's usage.

Pacheco looked good, and in fact I think most owners would be pleasantly surprised with the 4 receptions and 31 yards receiving from him. He had 13 receptions in 17 games last year, and 4 receptions last night. Lets go!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Did you mean to say Jerick Mckinnon instead of Pacheco?

As a Pacheco owner I wasn't expecting 100% share, and in fact CEH primarily came in to spell Pacheco for a series when Pacheco hurt his hip. The real surprise was 0 carries for Mckinnon, not Pacheco's usage.

Pacheco looked good, and in fact I think most owners would be pleasantly surprised with the 4 receptions and 31 yards receiving from him. He had 13 receptions in 17 games last year, and 4 receptions last night. Lets go!
        Nope. CEH had 6 carries to Pacheco's 8. I don't think anyone had them at an almost 50-50 split there. Pacheco's receptions were likely a result of the poor WR play of Toney & Moore, who simply were not getting open, and the lack of Kelce. I wouldn't anticipate 3-4 receptions a game moving forward.

The lack of usage of McKinnon was also indeed surprising, considering Mahomes was getting chased a a lot and he needed a dump-off option.

Comment

Packers WR Christian Watson is out.
          Panthers WR DJ Chark is out.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rams place WR Cooper Kupp on injured reserve for a minimum of 4 games.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ravens TE Mark Andrews is out.
              49ers TE George Kittle is active.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess I should have started Aiyuk.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a team so utterly outclassed than in last night's Giants-Cowboys game. This offensive line has 2 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder, and yet they were so easily manhandled it was laughable. Jones was running for his life on every play, and in the few instances where he did get the ball off, his receivers couldn't catch it (except for Waller) or fumbled it away. A complete and total embarrassment that could easily derail their entire season.

Comment

Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins suffered a torn Achilles in Sunday’s Week 1 win over the Texans and is done for the season.

Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are the replacements for the Ravens.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Aaannnnddd Aaron Rodgers goes down with what appears to be an achilles injury, before he even completes a single pass in a Jets uniform.

Comment

Rodgers done for the year

Comment

Rodgers contract guarantees him $75 million for 2023 and 2024.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The NFL Players Association has called for all 32 NFL teams to adopt grass fields.

The union’s statement comes after Aaron Rodgers ruptured his Achilles Monday night on the turf at MetLife Stadium. Players for years have asked for teams to ditch turf fields and install grass surfaces that are easier on players’ joints and ligaments. “Moving all stadium fields to high quality natural grass surfaces is the easiest decision the NFL can make,” NFLPA executive director Lloyd Howell said in a statement. “The players overwhelmingly prefer it and the data is clear that grass is simply safer than artificial turf. It is an issue that has been near the top of the players’ list during my team visits and one I have raised with the NFL.” League officials continue to deny that there are major differences in injury rate on turf fields compared to grass surfaces.
                            Last edited by madducks; 09-14-2023, 08:35 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson (hamstring) is expected to miss four weeks.

Jets RB Evan Hull (knee) will be out at least four weeks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X