Week 12 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 12 Discussion Thread

The Blaine Gabbert era mercifully ends in JAX, as Chad Henne has a 6-game audition to be the 2K13 starter. Either way, Gabbert is done as a starter after Henne produced more offense in one game than Gabbert did in 3.

Alex Smith may also be in a major QB controversy after Colin Kaepernick's great game vs. Chicago. Frankly, it's hard to argue against Henne or Kaepernick to be the starter.

Kaepernick officially named the 49ers starting QB.

Comment

Good news all around for fantasy perspective as all were fantasy wastelands except for a few spots. Hopefully it adds a few new players to the pool of start able players going forward.

Comment

WOW WOW WOW. What a blown call. Forsett was down. I thought every TD was reviewed?

Comment

for those who missed this Lions-Texans play, every TD is reviewed apparently UNLESS you get wound up like Swartz and throw a challenge flag even though the play would be reviewed anyway. Part of the penalty is they don't review the play, lol.

Texans guy was obviously down at not even midfield, it looked like, then got up and ran into the end zone anyway like some idiot does in every NFL game.

I am betting that this rule was invented by the same guy who came up with "the tuck rule" and the "a receiver must, after a catch, have the ball signed by a notary public and at least five members of Congress before we consider it a catch. but only in some cases."

would be happy to get confirmation; too many relatives blathering on about family and other trivialities to hear it all....

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            WOW WOW WOW. What a blown call. Forsett was down. I thought every TD was reviewed?
            Not if the coach throws a challenge flag.

That's a new rule for this year, but it wasn't enforced when the replacement refs were working.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Only in the NFL can I team go from conference powerhouse, one week to suspect, the next.

The Texans barely beat the Jags last week and now are behind versus this Lions team.

Comment

Outside the Jets being a New York team, how can anyone in the league scheduling department think that the Pats/Jets game would be a good game for a national audience ?

On a related note, nice to see the Cowboys lose in front of a national audience. The Skins defense in the second half was a horror show but when you are up 28-3 at the half, there was lots of room for error.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Bwahaha! That Sanchez fumble was the most hilariously crappy play I think I've ever seen in the NFL (and I've been a Raider fan for three decades). Fumble caused by running into the ass of your offensive lineman. Good stuff there.
                  It was even better if you watched it with the Benny Hill music playing in your head.

Comment

per request, then, almost:

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                      Outside the Jets being a New York team, how can anyone in the league scheduling department think that the Pats/Jets game would be a good game for a national audience ?

Do you realize this game is the 2nd highest advertising dollars per spot for the entire season? This is the first network TV prime-time NFL game on Thanksgiving, and NBC was billing up to $1m per 30 seconds. Only the Super Bowl charges more per ad.

Comment

Comment

Vick and McCoy will not play on Monday night.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Viking press on twitter are ridiculous homers...whatever happened to no cheering in the pressbox?
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I know the PIT QB sitch is poor with Big Ben out, but man, what a disappointment Mike Wallace has been this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X