Week 10 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 musings...

Despite all the pre-season discussion about where the top fantasy running backs were to be ranked, there is no better running back in the league than Adrian Peterson. Period.

So much for Detroit, there is no way they make any playoff run with their remaining schedule.

Is there a more schizophrenic team than the Giants ? One week they look like the best team in the league, the next week like also-rans. Ok, the Niners are another such team.

How does Ray Rice only run for 35 yards yet Baltimore manages to score 55 points ?

Ryan Tannehill, talk about hitting the rookie wall.

Despite the QB's getting knocked out with concussions this weekend, I still think the league babies these guys way too much.

That being said, the concussion protocol on some of these teams makes me wonder. How is Jay Cutler allowed to take seven more snaps and is then diagnosed with a concussion, shortly afterward ?

For good or bad, the Nick Foles era has begun. Lets face it, the Eagles were going nowhere with Vick, time to move on.

While Vikings rookie tackle Matt Kahil has yet to give up a sack this season, the Vikings other rookie, kicker Blair Walsh has been sneaky productive as well (41 touchbacks and has made all five of his 50+ yard field goals). Zuerlein gets all the kicker press, but Walsh has been equally impressive.

In terms of productivity, I'm starting to think the Cincy wideout A.J. Green is matchup proof. He puts up numbers every week.

That first Philip Rivers INT yesterday was just ugly. Watching this guy QB over the last year, has been a borderline trainwreck.

Despite some of the questionable ref-ing over the weekend, these guys are still better than the replacement bunch.

Tony Gonzalez can play as long as he wants to, he is that good. I think he will be one of those players that will retire before the wheels fall off.

Russell Wilson is perfect at home (record wise), on the road...not so much.

If you are the Jets, what do you do ? Stay with the dreadful Sanchez ? Make a move to the overrated Tebow ? or option #3, which I'm not even sure what it could be ?

completely agree about the Giants. November just ain't their month.

Not sure what to do about the Jets. The acquisition of Tebow has done exactly what many here thought -- brought Sanchez down as he looks over his shoulder, rather than create a competitive atmosphere. And if Tebow does start and actually wins? Forget it, you can write the Jets off for the next three years.

Rodney Harrison was right in saying the only other team in the NFL Sanchez may be able to start for is Jacksonville.

Lesean McCoy 2011: 17 rushing TDs. 2012: 2.

It's amazing that this may be Adrian Peterson's best season.

Has there been a year where three offensive rookies had such important roles? It's a toss-up as to which of Luck, RGIII or Martin are Offensive Rookie of the Year. My vote would be Luck, but either of the three deserve the award.

The Bills handing the ball off to CJ Spiller is like pulling teeth -- this despite an absurd 7.3 YPC average.

Vincent Jackson is averaging 21.4 YPC. To put that in perspective, Percy Harvin is averaging just 10.4.

Golden Tate may not be catching the ball all that much (just 26 receptions), but he is making the most of them with 6 receiving TDs.

Cecil Shorts is emerging as a big-time playmaker in Jacksonville. Too bad Blaine Gabbert is throwing him the ball.

Comment

I believe Ike Taylor held AJ Green to one catch, albeit a TD. Too lazy/busy to look up the game stats.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Adrian Peterson - Comeback Player of the Year? Seems weird as he only missed two games last year, but his recovery has been a medical wonder. The only other person to even consider is Peyton Manning.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          Adrian Peterson - Comeback Player of the Year? Seems weird as he only missed two games last year, but his recovery has been a medical wonder. The only other person to even consider is Peyton Manning.
          How could it be anyone other than Peyton?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Lesean McCoy 2011: 17 rushing TDs. 2012: 2.
            Eagles O-Line 2011: 1 All-Pro, 5 starting-caliber players.

Eagkes O-Line 2012: 0 All-Pros, 1 starting-caliber player.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              How could it be anyone other than Peyton?
              Seriously? Adrian coming back from a torn ACL and MCL in week 15 of the 2011 season might be one of the most amazing comebacks in sports history. Peyton coming back from his neck injury is great as well, but the knee injury, IMO, is a greater feat, especially at the level that he is playing at.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Yes, but that's not how voters usually think about these things. Peterson missed 2 games, Manning missed an entire season.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

"Is there a more schizophrenic team than the Giants ? One week they look like the best team in the league,..."

one week - they killed the 49ers on the road, very very impressive.

not sure what the other weeks would be - they did handle the Panthers quite well, and rallied past the Browns and Bucs at home, I suppose, so there's that. In none of those games, nor any others, did they frighten the rest of the NFL with their awesomeness.

And yes, if they get back in the dance, they'll again have a puncher's chance with Eli. Undeniable, obviously.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X