BALTIMORE 7.5 Oakland
    Atlanta 2.5 NEW ORLEANS
    Detroit 2 MINNESOTA
    SEATTLE 6.5 Ny Jets
    Dallas 1 PHILADELPHIA
    SAN FRAN 11.5 St. Louis
    CHICAGO 1 Houston

PITTSBURGH 12.5 Kansas City

18-20-2 after missing last week due to some power outages.

NE -11: Buffalo hung tough against Houston last week, but I think we're looking at a similar outcome to what happened in the first meeting between these two.

Denver -4: Even as a home dog, Carolina just isn't good enough.

Seattle -6.5: I like picking against the Jets. Not sure how they can march into Seattle and even keep it close, although Seattle is not necessarily a "blow you out" kind of team.

Philadelphia -1: Both teams are about to see their wheels come off, if they haven't already, but I'll go with the home dog.

New Orleans -2.5: Just a hunch. Atlanta is going to lose eventually, why not in this one?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
      Philadelphia -1: Both teams are about to see their wheels come off, if they haven't already, but I'll go with the home dog.
      Ware & co. vs. the Philly O-Line (now missing 4 of 5 starters) is a brutal mismatch. However, the Eagles often do better than expected in division games, and the Cowboys often find ways to screw things up. The Cowboys should win on paper, but who knows.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Ware & co. vs. the Philly O-Line (now missing 4 of 5 starters) is a brutal mismatch. However, the Eagles often do better than expected in division games, and the Cowboys often find ways to screw things up. The Cowboys should win on paper, but who knows.
        Agreed that Ware could have a field day, but also agreed that Cowboys find ways to screw things up. Should be an ugly one, but my gut is telling me Eagles.

Comment

YTD: 18-22-1

Giants -4. The very definition of a " get well " game for the Giants.

Denver -4. Despite the win over the Skins last week, Carolina is still a mess.

Atlanta -2.5. Sound like a broken record every week but as long as the spreads are this small, I'll keep taking the Falcons.

Tampa -3. I'll take the surging Bucs over this Charger team.

Houston +1. Chicago's defense can't keep playing this well and I don't expect them to versus the Texans.

Comment

I think tonight's game is a trap. I want to fall for the trap and take Indy, but I won't. Add to that I only get Thursday night games correct when I go against my gut.

All this adds up to Jacksonville +3.

Comment

YTD 46-41-3

Indianapolis - Rashad Jennings is a really good back, but he's not MJD.
              Buffalo - "It's a trap!" I know NE won big last time, but their defense is still awful.
              TAMPA BAY - Someone's going to win by a touchdown. I have no idea who, but it could be the Bucs.
              Oakland - Something about Oakland on the road.
              Atlanta - Still one of the best teams in the NFC. This might get close, but only because it's a firefight. Birds will win it.
              Detroit - Tough divisional matchup, but Minny hasn't been playing well lately.
              SEATTLE - Seattle is "undefeated" at home and the Jets are still awful.
              Dallas - If Philly can't score on the Saints...
              Houston - I don't think this game will be as close as everyone is predicting.
              PITTSBURGH - Could be one of the least watched MNFs in tv history.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

YTD 13-16-1

Bucs -3

Panthers +4

Saints +2.5

Seahawks -6.5

Lions -2
                "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

NEW ENGLAND -11
                  Ny Giants- 4
                  + 3 San Diego
                  Denver -4
                  + 6 Tennessee
                  BALTIMORE -7.5
                  Atlanta -2.5
                  Detroit -2
                  SEATTLE -6.5
                  Dallas -1
                  SAN FRAN -11.5
                  CHICAGO -1
                  + 12.5 Kansas City

Tough week.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    YTD 46-41-3

Indianapolis - Rashad Jennings is a really good back, but he's not MJD.
                    Buffalo - "It's a trap!" I know NE won big last time, but their defense is still awful.
                    TAMPA BAY - Someone's going to win by a touchdown. I have no idea who, but it could be the Bucs.
                    Oakland - Something about Oakland on the road.
                    Atlanta - Still one of the best teams in the NFC. This might get close, but only because it's a firefight. Birds will win it.
                    Detroit - Tough divisional matchup, but Minny hasn't been playing well lately.
                    SEATTLE - Seattle is "undefeated" at home and the Jets are still awful.
                    Dallas - If Philly can't score on the Saints...
                    Houston - I don't think this game will be as close as everyone is predicting.
                    PITTSBURGH - Could be one of the least watched MNFs in tv history.
                    Indianapolis - Rashad Jennings is a really good back, but he's not MJD. - And man are the Jags really awful. Winner.
                    Buffalo - "It's a trap!" I know NE won big last time, but their defense is still awful. - NE won by 6, so the Bills covered the spread. (I started Fitzp in 3 of my leagues.)
                    TAMPA BAY - Someone's going to win by a touchdown. I have no idea who, but it could be the Bucs. - The Bucs in fact won by 10. Go figure.
                    Oakland - Something about Oakland on the road. - It should have been, "they suck". Where was the team that took Atlanta down to the wire?
                    Atlanta - Still one of the best teams in the NFC. This might get close, but only because it's a firefight. Birds will win it. - It was close and Atlanta had plenty of chances. Whither Michael Turner?
                    Detroit - Tough divisional matchup, but Minny hasn't been playing well lately. - I completely forgot how bad Detroit's defense is. Loss.
                    SEATTLE - Seattle is "undefeated" at home and the Jets are still awful. - My mistake. The Jets are still REALLY awful. Ding.
                    Dallas - If Philly can't score on the Saints... - I think I just saw another penalty flag. Winner.
                    Houston - I don't think this game will be as close as everyone is predicting. - Weather was really a factor here, but Houston's D dominated, even if the hit that knocked Cutler out was not legal. Just happy the Bears lost. Winner.

6-3 this week going into Monday Night's laugher. I also need a 60-yd TD or a 40-yd TD and a 100-yd receiving game from Emmanuel Sanders. Here's hoping we get both the Steelers to cover and the Sanders performance.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. Damn weather. 6-4 for the week. 52-45-3 for the year.
                    Last edited by Long John; 11-13-2012, 09:10 AM.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

NEW ENGLAND -11 -L
                      Ny Giants- 4 -L
                      + 3 San Diego -L
                      Denver -4 -W
                      + 6 Tennessee-W
                      BALTIMORE -7.5 -W
                      Atlanta -2.5 -L
                      Detroit -2 -L
                      SEATTLE -6.5-W
                      Dallas -1 -W
                      SAN FRAN -11.5 -L
                      CHICAGO -1 -L
                      + 12.5 Kansas City

Tough week.

5-8 hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        NEW ENGLAND -11 -L
                        Ny Giants- 4 -L
                        + 3 San Diego -L
                        Denver -4 -W
                        + 6 Tennessee-W
                        BALTIMORE -7.5 -W
                        Atlanta -2.5 -L
                        Detroit -2 -L
                        SEATTLE -6.5-W
                        Dallas -1 -W
                        SAN FRAN -11.5 -L
                        CHICAGO -1 -L
                        + 12.5 Kansas City

Tough week.

5-8 hmm.
                        With last nights win I move to 6-8 for the week. Now 58-60-6 on the year. Slipped back under .500.

Comment

Working...
                        X