Week 8 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 musings...

As good as Atlanta has been, I'm still waiting for them to prove something come playoff time.

If you are San Diego, you are coming off a bye, and playing in Cleveland, and only manage to score 6 points.

The first quarter and half by Dallas was one of the worst by any team this year. The fact the Giants couldn't rack up touchdowns, kept the Cowboys in the game.

Every time I see Dallas with 2-minutes left, I cringe...poor clock management.

Even though he plays for Dallas, I still think TE Jason Witten is underrated. Love that guy.

Unless the reins get taken off QB Christian Ponder, the Vikings won't do anything despite AP and Harvin.

As much as I look forward to watching the Eagles and Jets struggle on a weekly basis. At least the Eagles are somewhat entertaining while doing it, the Jets are just boring.

Speaking of bad, the Chiefs are right there with Philly and the Jets. How does Jamaal Charles only get 5 carries versus the Raiders this week ?

First division winner to clinch will be Denver. Looking at their soft schedule for the remainder, how do they not clinch by early December ?

Gronkowski touchdown dance/march was a nice little tip-of-the-hat to London.

Not only do the Saints have the worst D in the league, the O looked mortal versus the Broncos. Sean Peyton is glad he isn't part of the debacle this season.

Indy has twice as many wins already, then they had all of last season.

Indy's Vick Ballard's back flip to score the winning OT touchdown was sweet.

Say what you want but the Pittsburgh offense is keeping Roethlisberger healthy, and some what sack free.

I have to admit as dreadful as they looked, I didn't mind the the Steelers bumblebee retro jerseys.

The Madden Curse is alive and well. Legatron has been more valuable this year than Megatron.

Ok, if you are Philly. If the team doesn't make the playoffs, Andy Reid is gone, but when does Reid make the change at QB ? This week ?

Is there a more overrated and over paid corner this year than Nnadmi Asomugha ? This guy has been getting torched on a weekly basis (Julio Jones did the honours, this week).

Who is more likely to get traded before the trading deadline...Steven Jackson ? Dwayne Bowe ? or DeAngelo Williams ?

What was the deal with the Skin having QB Robert Griffin lined up as a wideout ? doesn't this guy already take enough hits ?

Watching various games on Sunday, I think in every game I watched, I said to myself " the receiver should have had that pass ". The amount of catchable dropped passes seemed inordinately high.

Who would have guessed that statistically, QB Blaine Gabbert would best Aaron Rodgers ? Gabbert 303 yards and 1 TD, Rodgers 186 yards and 2 TD's. Of course, Green Bay won.

I don't think Reid makes the change at QB unless he thinks Vick is so far gone that it makes them better this year. He's playing for his job. Now, if he's gone, I suspect his replacement makes the change ASAP.

Imagine owning Victor Cruz while your opponent has the Giants kicker. Final score... Tynes 17, Cruz 4.3. Luckily I won anyway, thanks to Peyton Manning and Gronk.

Putting RG3 at WR against a headhunting Steelers D should be grounds for immediate termination. You don't wear a steak shirt into the lion cage.

I loved Romeo Crennel saying he "didn't know" why Jamaal Charles only had 5 carries. Ummmm.

Comment

Class move by Detroit honouing legendary boxing trainer Manny Steward. The un-class move by the Lions by not-mentioning the passing of Alex Karras.

Class movie by the Jets by retiring Dennis Byrd's number.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I loved Romeo Crennel saying he "didn't know" why Jamaal Charles only had 5 carries. Ummmm.
        Sadly, this sums up the current state of the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
          Watching various games on Sunday, I think in every game I watched, I said to myself " the receiver should have had that pass ". The amount of catchable dropped passes seemed inordinately high.
          In the Pitt/Skins game they said Washington had dropped 11 passes the first 7 games and had 10 drops yesterday but that in the 4th qtr and the total may have gone up. A couple were hits as soon as the receiver touched the ball but you are still looking at 7 or 8 straight drops including two in the end zone. Tough day for RGIII owners.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
            In the Pitt/Skins game they said Washington had dropped 11 passes the first 7 games and had 10 drops yesterday but that in the 4th qtr and the total may have gone up. A couple were hits as soon as the receiver touched the ball but you are still looking at 7 or 8 straight drops including two in the end zone. Tough day for RGIII owners.
            I've got Santana Moss as a bench guy. He's borderline startable, mainly because my league doesn't count drops. Every game, Moss has a handful of catches, usually a TD, and a couple of ridiculous drops/fumbles/other stupid plays. I can't figure out what to do with him, and the Skins probably feel the same way.

Comment

Bears escaped with weird one. Forte comes out dominate, and they immediately stop going to him. Cutler runs for his life. Defense looks bad but comes through with another defensive TD. FG at the gun for the win. I am happy with the win, but still wonder who these Bears really are?

Comment

Ok, if you are Philly. If the team doesn't make the playoffs, Andy Reid is gone, but when does Reid make the change at QB ? This week ?

Is there a more overrated and over paid corner this year than Nnadmi Asomugha ? This guy has been getting torched on a weekly basis (Julio Jones did the honours, this week).
                The problem is that the O-Line is a complete disaster. According to the folks who watch game tape and grade everyone, the Eagles have three of the worst five O-Linemen in the league. I don't think throwing a rookie QB (Nick Foles) behind it is going to help anything. And I don't think a coach who has to win in order to save his job is going to do that.

If Reid decides that Vick is hopeless and must be benched, I could see him trying Trent Edwards out there, at least until the season is totally lost.

As for the defense, the main problem is that the pass rush has been absolutely pathetic. If you get no pressure on Matt Ryan, he will totally carve you up with all those weapons he has. The poor performance of the pass rush had been attributed to Castillo's refusal to blitz, but it looks there there's more to it than that.

Nnamdi's whole game is bumping guys at the line and throwing them off their routes. He wasn't tested much in Oakland because they had scrubs playing on the other side. It's a different story in Philly with Samuel last year and DRC this year. If he fails to get the bump, as happened on that play vs. Julio, he's usually not gonna get the job done.

More overpaid than Nnamdi: DeAngelo Hall. I don't get what anyone sees in him.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The other issue with the Eagles is that their drafts since 2008 have been mostly terrible. They have netted one elite player (McCoy), a few starting-caliber players (DJax, Maclin, Jason Kelci), a small handful who are role players at best, and a lot of washouts.

Oh yes, and a kicker. So there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    The problem is that the O-Line is a complete disaster. According to the folks who watch game tape and grade everyone, the Eagles have three of the worst five O-Linemen in the league. I don't think throwing a rookie QB (Nick Foles) behind it is going to help anything. And I don't think a coach who has to win in order to save his job is going to do that.

If Reid decides that Vick is hopeless and must be benched, I could see him trying Trent Edwards out there, at least until the season is totally lost.

As for the defense, the main problem is that the pass rush has been absolutely pathetic. If you get no pressure on Matt Ryan, he will totally carve you up with all those weapons he has. The poor performance of the pass rush had been attributed to Castillo's refusal to blitz, but it looks there there's more to it than that.
                    Agreed. The O-line is not good. Its not the worst in the league but its certainly bottom third, for sure.

Trent Cole has 1.5 sacks, and Babin has 2.5 after 8 weeks thus far. I have no clue what has happened to the usually, rock-solid, Cole this season.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Thursday night is a true meeting of the minds: Crennel vs. Norv Turner.

Comment

Its not the worst in the league but its certainly bottom third, for sure.
                        It's better than Arizona and maybe Tennessee. I am hard pressed to put it ahead of anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                        X