Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Bowl trivia..about my hometown....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl trivia..about my hometown....

My hometown high school had 3 separate players play in three consecutive Super Bowls...V, VI, and VII.

While they weren't big stars, they played nonetheless. How many other high schools can make that claim? There are probably, maybe others? But for a small town school I think this is phenomenal!

Super Bowl V - Sam Havrilak for the Colts
    Super Bowl VI - Doug Crusan for the Dolphins
    Super Bowl VII - Crusan for the Dolphins again and Bill Malinchak for the Redskins

I got to meet these three guys last night at a function that was held honoring their high school coach while also benefitting my library.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      My hometown high school had 3 separate players play in three consecutive Super Bowls...V, VI, and VII.

While they weren't big stars, they played nonetheless. How many other high schools can make that claim? There are probably, maybe others? But for a small town school I think this is phenomenal!

Super Bowl V - Sam Havrilak for the Colts
      Super Bowl VI - Doug Crusan for the Dolphins
      Super Bowl VII - Crusan for the Dolphins again and Bill Malinchak for the Redskins

I got to meet these three guys last night at a function that was held honoring their high school coach while also benefitting my library.
      Nice.

Looks like everybody wins and sounds like fun.

I would think that on a high school level this has not happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
        I think you went to the well once too often with this shtick. Funny the first time. Of course I am not the boss of you, and this is just my opinion as someone who did think it was funny the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I think you went to the well once too often with this shtick. Funny the first time. Of course I am not the boss of you, and this is just my opinion as someone who did think it was funny the first time.

Comment

Bill Malinchak is my dad's cousin.

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            Thought i'd save RR some time.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Bill Malinchak is my dad's cousin.

Thought i'd save RR some time.
              Where were you?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Where were you?
                Clarks concert.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Clarks concert.
                  Saw them in June..awesome show!

Comment

Working...
                  X