Pittsburgh 1.5 CINCINNATI

CHICAGO 6 Detroit

YTD: 11-14

Seattle +7
    NYG -5.5
    New Orleans -3
    NEW ENGLAND -10.5
    CHICAGO -6
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Why do I even bother? 12-17-1 on the season.

Green Bay -5.5 St. Louis: GB has been up and down and St. Louis isn't really a patsy, but I think the Packers can at least win by a touchdown.

New Orleans -3 Tampa Bay: New Orleans coming off a bye, really needs a win if they intend on making the playoffs this year.

Houston -6.5 Baltimore: I've gone back and forth on this. Ravens decimated on defense vs. a Texans team that just got stomped by the Packers. I think the defensive losses will prove to be too much for the Ravens.

Pittsburgh -1.5 Cincy: I think the Bengals are pretty good, losing to the Browns notwithstanding, and with how banged up the Steelers are, I hesitate to take them. But the Steelers have had 10 days to recover and really need the win.

San Fran -7 Seattle: Just a hunch.

Comment

32-34-4 on the season.

I will take SF-7 .

Comment

YTD: 31-27-3

BUFFALO - I think a lot of folks will take TN just because it's Buffalo, but TN has yet to score more than 14 pts on the road this season. Buffalo scores 3 TDs on this defense easy.
          Arizona - Would never have thought this would be a matchup of 4-2 teams. Minny wins by 3.
          INDIANAPOLIS - Colts are tougher at home and Browns are coming off what will likely be their only win of 2012.
          HOUSTON - I don't care if Suggs is back, Texans should win handily.
          CAROLINA - Home dog.
          Washington - 5.5 is a lot for a divisional rivalry. Tough call just because this should be a high scoring game. Giants by 4?!?!
          TAMPA BAY - Home dog. Saints are coming off a bye, but the Bucs played them tough at home last year and Freeman threw for 300+.
          Ny Jets - No way this divisional rivalry gets that one-sided. The Jets do still suck, but they'll only lose by 10.
          CINCINNATI - Home dog against a weak defense? C'mon son.

Detroit - High scoring game; could come down to a last-second FG.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

YTD 6-9

Texans -6.5

Rams +5.5

Redskins +5.5

Patriots -10.5

Bears -6
            "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

So we get a push because Harbaugh takes 2 points off the board. Nice.

Comment

SAN FRAN 7 Seattle-P

BUFFALO -3.5 Tennessee
                + 6 Arizona
                INDIANAPOLIS -3
                HOUSTON -6.5
                Green Bay -5.5
                +2 CAROLINA
                NY GIANTS -5.5
                New Orleans -3
                NEW ENGLAND -10.5
                OAKLAND- 4
                Pittsburgh -1.5

CHICAGO -6 Detroit

Only 2 dogs this week, that can't be good.

Comment

YTD: 9-18-1 (0-5 last week)

NO -3. Coming off a bye and virtually a must win for a chance at postseason.

Pats -10.5. Either this is a field goal game or New England wins by 30.

Indy -3. Massive letdown for the Browns, while Indy has been relatively decent at home thus far.

Chicago -6. Haven't been overly impressed with the Lions of late, plus the Bears are coming off a bye week and the Lions are playing their second consecutive road game.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                    YTD: 9-18-1 (0-5 last week)

NO -3. Coming off a bye and virtually a must win for a chance at postseason.

Pats -10.5. Either this is a field goal game or New England wins by 30.

Indy -3. Massive letdown for the Browns, while Indy has been relatively decent at home thus far.

Chicago -6. Haven't been overly impressed with the Lions of late, plus the Bears are coming off a bye week and the Lions are playing their second consecutive road game.
                    Ok, last week I picked 3 of the same games as you and went 1-4...now you've picked 3 of mine, might want to reconsider.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      SAN FRAN 7 Seattle-P

BUFFALO -3.5 Tennessee-L
                      + 6 Arizona-L
                      INDIANAPOLIS -3 -W
                      HOUSTON -6.5 -W
                      Green Bay -5.5 -W
                      +2 CAROLINA-L
                      NY GIANTS -5.5 -L
                      New Orleans -3 -W
                      NEW ENGLAND -10.5
                      OAKLAND- 4
                      Pittsburgh -1.5

CHICAGO -6 Detroit

Only 2 dogs this week, that can't be good.
                      4-4-1 hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                        YTD: 31-27-3

BUFFALO - I think a lot of folks will take TN just because it's Buffalo, but TN has yet to score more than 14 pts on the road this season. Buffalo scores 3 TDs on this defense easy.
                        Arizona - Would never have thought this would be a matchup of 4-2 teams. Minny wins by 3.
                        INDIANAPOLIS - Colts are tougher at home and Browns are coming off what will likely be their only win of 2012.
                        HOUSTON - I don't care if Suggs is back, Texans should win handily.
                        CAROLINA - Home dog.
                        Washington - 5.5 is a lot for a divisional rivalry. Tough call just because this should be a high scoring game. Giants by 4?!?!
                        TAMPA BAY - Home dog. Saints are coming off a bye, but the Bucs played them tough at home last year and Freeman threw for 300+.
                        Ny Jets - No way this divisional rivalry gets that one-sided. The Jets do still suck, but they'll only lose by 10.
                        CINCINNATI - Home dog against a weak defense? C'mon son.

Detroit - High scoring game; could come down to a last-second FG.
                        BUFFALO - I think a lot of folks will take TN just because it's Buffalo, but TN has yet to score more than 14 pts on the road this season. Buffalo scores 3 TDs on this defense easy. - I forgot the rule of trading. I just traded CJ2K away, so of COURSE he goes off...
                        Arizona - Would never have thought this would be a matchup of 4-2 teams. Minny wins by 3. - You know the house won big here.
                        INDIANAPOLIS - Colts are tougher at home and Browns are coming off what will likely be their only win of 2012. - Surprised the Colts only won by 4.
                        HOUSTON - I don't care if Suggs is back, Texans should win handily. - And they did.
                        CAROLINA - Home dog. - Bah.
                        Washington - 5.5 is a lot for a divisional rivalry. Tough call just because this should be a high scoring game. Giants by 4?!?! - Giants win by 4.
                        TAMPA BAY - Home dog. Saints are coming off a bye, but the Bucs played them tough at home last year and Freeman threw for 300+. - Bah. Both my home dogs lost, but Freeman did throw for more than 300.
                        Ny Jets - No way this divisional rivalry gets that one-sided. The Jets do still suck, but they'll only lose by 10. - They lost and they covered.
                        CINCINNATI - Home dog against a weak defense? C'mon son. - Again for the rule of trading. I got Andy Dalton back in the CJ2K deal, so of course he's going to suck this week.

4-5 this week with Detroit +6 going tomorrow night. We shall see.

Edit to add:
                        So with the push last night, I finished 4-5-1 on the week and am at 35-32-4 on the season. Thanks to the rookie who filled in for Nate Burleson and to Matt Stafford for actually throwing some of his passes without offending the quarterback gods of true form.
                        Last edited by Long John; 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          4-4-1 hmm.
                          SAN FRAN 7 Seattle-P

BUFFALO -3.5 Tennessee-L
                          + 6 Arizona-L
                          INDIANAPOLIS -3 -W
                          HOUSTON -6.5 -W
                          Green Bay -5.5 -W
                          +2 CAROLINA-L
                          NY GIANTS -5.5 -L
                          New Orleans -3 -W
                          NEW ENGLAND -10.5 -L
                          OAKLAND- 4 -L
                          Pittsburgh -1.5 -W

CHICAGO -6 Detroit

4-6-1 with the Bears to go.

Lost a lot of close ones this week.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            YTD: 11-14

Seattle +7
                            NYG -5.5
                            New Orleans -3
                            NEW ENGLAND -10.5
                            CHICAGO -6
                            1-2-2 and 12-16-2 my final tally for the season, yuk.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                            X