Help Pick My New Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    Reviving this almost three year old thread because it seems that this will be the Chargers' last year in the whale's vagina.

Without a doubt this is the last year at Qualcomm. They've basically been on a year to year lease for the last three years (with the city actually paying the team over $3 million per year to stay) and by all indications the team is committed to going to LA.

The city rolled out a new proposal but the team basically told them to shove it. The NFL says that the proposal was a big step in building a stadium in San Diego but the team basically dismissed it.

NFL owners have all but said that the Chargers are moving.

I could type pages and pages about all of the goings on regarding this situation over the years but the bottom line is: Qualcomm is old and antiquated and a new stadium whether here or somewhere else is much needed. This whole thing has been a clusterf*ck from the beginning. The city itself is a nightmare to deal with (getting Petco built was a miracle) and the Spanos family sees moving to LA as a license to print money. Between the city of San Diego, the Spanos family and the NFL pointing fingers at each other for things not getting done, there's no doubt about it, they're going.

With all that said, I am committed to being a Charger fan for this year, but am ready to become a fan of another team starting next year.

That team is....
    Is your list of options still the same? Or did anyone move on or off that list?

Comment

Reviving this almost three year old thread because it seems that this will be the Chargers' last year in the whale's vagina.

Without a doubt this is the last year at Qualcomm. They've basically been on a year to year lease for the last three years (with the city actually paying the team over $3 million per year to stay) and by all indications the team is committed to going to LA.

The city rolled out a new proposal but the team basically told them to shove it. The NFL says that the proposal was a big step in building a stadium in San Diego but the team basically dismissed it.

NFL owners have all but said that the Chargers are moving.

I could type pages and pages about all of the goings on regarding this situation over the years but the bottom line is: Qualcomm is old and antiquated and a new stadium whether here or somewhere else is much needed. This whole thing has been a clusterf*ck from the beginning. The city itself is a nightmare to deal with (getting Petco built was a miracle) and the Spanos family sees moving to LA as a license to print money. Between the city of San Diego, the Spanos family and the NFL pointing fingers at each other for things not getting done, there's no doubt about it, they're going.

With all that said, I am committed to being a Charger fan for this year, but am ready to become a fan of another team starting next year.

That team is....
      FWIW, I was going to be a Browns fan
      What happened to the Browns? Did you already jump off the bandwagon? Gris will be so disappointed.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

If you become a Browns fan you can hang out with this guy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tRBDMMVctu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why didn't the embedding work? Here's the link: https://youtu.be/tRBDMMVctu8
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Definitely Cindy. She is stacked up front..has a great tight end..and she plays well at home and on the road.
          This was an underrated post. And by Mith, no less.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
            What happened to the Browns? Did you already jump off the bandwagon? Gris will be so disappointed.
            They're my leading candidate but I'm still open to others.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            This was an underrated post. And by Mith, no less.
            Yeah, I missed that the first time, too. Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              Is your list of options still the same? Or did anyone move on or off that list?
              New list below.

Took off Seattle because of their recent success and Indy is on the bubble because they seem to be fairly fashionable now

Houston
              Indy
              Buffalo
              Miami
              Cleveland
              Cincinnati
              Baltimore
              Arizona
              New Orleans
              Tampa Bay
              Atlanta
              Carolina
              Washington
              Detroit

Comment

Well I can't pick any AFC North team, so that knocks 3 off your list. Indy would be a fun team to root for with Luck, but they are fashionable now. I would say if you want a chance to win and to get a team with a bit of history too I would pick the Dolphins. They have young talent at all 3 skill positions and are in a division that sucks outside of NE and Brady has to retire eventually, right? Plus if you ever decide to go see a home game you get to go to Miami, sounds like a win to me.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Well I can't pick any AFC North team, so that knocks 3 off your list. Indy would be a fun team to root for with Luck, but they are fashionable now. I would say if you want a chance to win and to get a team with a bit of history too I would pick the Dolphins. They have young talent at all 3 skill positions and are in a division that sucks outside of NE and Brady has to retire eventually, right? Plus if you ever decide to go see a home game you get to go to Miami, sounds like a win to me.
                  Yeah, but their uniforms don't exaclty scream "manly"

Comment

New list below.

Took off Seattle because of their recent success and Indy is on the bubble because they seem to be fairly fashionable now

Houston
                    Indy
                    Buffalo
                    Miami
                    Cleveland
                    Cincinnati
                    Baltimore
                    Arizona
                    New Orleans
                    Tampa Bay
                    Atlanta
                    Carolina
                    Washington
                    Detroit
                    I'd go with Arizona. Defense played great last year and if Carson Palmer can stay healthy they should be a playoff team. Plus they are the only west coast team on your list.
                    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                    TE: Olsen (NA)
                    K: Lutz (7)
                    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Gris' reasoning hasn't been beat yet. Gotta go Cleveland.

Added reason: I don't know if any NFL player has set his crotch on fire, but if one did, I'd bet it was Johnny Football.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Gris' reasoning hasn't been beat yet. Gotta go Cleveland.

Added reason: I don't know if any NFL player has set his crotch on fire, but if one did, I'd bet it was Johnny Football.
                        Good point.

I hate you

Comment

Working...
                        X