Week 6 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 musings...

The Ravens defense isn't what it was, certainly its run defense is dreadful. Understatement of the week. Now, with Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb both likely done for the year, Baltimore is in serious trouble.

Dallas' offense clock management was brutal, especially in the 4th quarter. The normal for the 'Boys was: The play takes too long getting called, the line takes too long getting set, Romo takes too long calling an audible or shifting the offense, thus they barely got each snap off.

I was impressed with Russell Wilson, and the rest of the Seattle team, for that matter. The D is legit, but most wins will be ugly. But as Knicks Center Patrick Ewing once said "I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty ".

Nice to see the Philly ultimatum rumblings begin, make the playoffs or you are gone (Vick and Reid). The Lions had 16 (!) penalties and still won.

Two things the NFL got right. The Overtime rule, and the in-season I/R change.

Jay Feely. You hit a game typing 61-yarder (that would have been good from 63+), moments later, you promptly miss a 38-yarder for the win. Such is the life of a kicker.

Speaking of which, I loved that Jeff Fisher got Legatron (Greg Zuerlin) to attempt a 66-yarder (he missed it but it had the distance).

After a loss to Cleveland, its official, Cincy is done.

Enjoy it Jets fans, this was your game of the year.

It is clear. If the Texans get behind in a game by any sort of margin, they are in trouble.

Kudos to the Giants O-line, they only gave up one QB hit all game versus San Fran, with no sacks.

I've long been a James Jones fan, nice to see him getting some run now with Jennings out. Jones' one-handed TD grab was sweet.

It has taken a while but QB Alex Smith reverted back to the same QB, he was prior to his career renaissance.

Anyone who has seen the Philly pass rush, please contact Andy Reid. Cole and Babin have been MIA.

Matt Ryan is now 29-4 at home.

RGIII looked like Cam Newton did many times last year. Dominate.

Carson Palmer late game INT was back breaking. Too bad the Raiders' back-up is Matt Leinart (which means Palmer plays until the wheels fall off).

Six weeks in, lots of divisions are still up for grabs (NFC East and West and North, AFC East and West).

Brady Quinn, 38 attempts, for 180 yards...do the math, that is 4.7 yards per attempt.

Skins score a defensive TD for the 4th time this year. After winning yesterday they are now 1-3 in those games.

RGIII with the longest TD run by a QB in 16 years (76 yds). I now have a football player man crush to match my Verlander man crush in baseball.

Is it coaching or the QB in Dallas? Something down there just hasn't worked for years and needs to be changed. Or, as a Skins fan, it can just stay that way forever.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
      Nice to see the Philly ultimatum rumblings begin, make the playoffs or you are gone (Vick and Reid). The Lions had 16 (!) penalties and still won.
      The first half of this game was painful to watch. It seemed like there was a penalty on every play, many of them for false starts and offsides. The second half was painful for a different reason to an Eagles fan.

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
      Anyone who has seen the Philly pass rush, please contact Andy Reid. Cole and Babin have been MIA.
      This is the main reason the Eagles lost. Stafford had all day to throw, he was just mostly terrible at it for the first three quarters. DC Juan Castillo (converted O-Line coach, if you remember) pretty much refuses to blitz, but that doesn't work when the front four isn't getting it done.

Both teams played pretty terribly and I wouldn't put any money on either of them doing any damage in the playoffs.

However, Reid teams have traditionally been much better after the bye than before, so I would not be surprised if they tease us and make a run in November and December. But Vick just doesn't have the goods to take a team deep in the playoffs. He has the least field/situation awareness of any veteran QB I've ever seen.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I was partly wrong about the Chiefs. Their defense is every bit the monster I thought it could be, but the team is a train wreck. In 2010 Cassel was a competent QB, and he was able to utilize the tools around him. This season he has been the worst player in the NFL, at the most important position. Not that Quinn was an improvement this week. With the talent they have, they should be able to score points.

If the Chiefs do not compete the game after the off week, against Oakland, stuff really will start to fly.

The other team I was wrong about is SF. They may be playing iron man football, but its working. I thought the workload would be causing breakdowns.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          This is the main reason the Eagles lost. Stafford had all day to throw, he was just mostly terrible at it for the first three quarters. DC Juan Castillo (converted O-Line coach, if you remember) pretty much refuses to blitz, but that doesn't work when the front four isn't getting it done.
          And Juan gets scapegoated today. I think the team is better without him, but it was a mistake to hire him for that job right from the start.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

peyton manning comeback mojo + norv turner choke mojo for the win!

the chargers were a tasty treat. seared to perfection on the outside courtesy of #18. moist and chewy and delicious on the inside.

and soft. very, very soft.
            ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Jimminy Christmas, if this were NYC Norv Turner would have been hunted down like Frankenstien's monster and thrown in the Tijuana river after last night's debacle. As it is, us San Diegans will complain mildly to our local talk show jerks and hit the 85 degree beach today while another spike is driven in to the railroad leading from Mission Valley to Staples Center.

Enjoy playing in front of a half full stadium for the rest of the year, Dean, AJerk, Norval and Phil "Uncle Rico" Rivers.

Btw, Ryan Mathews may be made of glass and he handles the ball like an NBA player, but he must've kicked Norv's dog or something to get treated the way he is. Not having your most talented offensive player on the field during the last 5 minutes of the game is ridiculous.

At least our uniforms are purty

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                Jimminy Christmas, if this were NYC Norv Turner would have been hunted down like Frankenstien's monster and thrown in the Tijuana river after last night's debacle.
                LOL...great line!

Of course, the reason you have Rivers is because of the Giants, so you should heap scorn and disdain upon them as much as possible.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Prediction:

Reid is fired by the Eagles at season's end. Turner is fired by the Chargers at season's end. Reid becomes the new Chargers coach. Turner goes to coach in the UFL or something.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    Btw, Ryan Mathews may be made of glass and he handles the ball like an NBA player, but he must've kicked Norv's dog or something to get treated the way he is. Not having your most talented offensive player on the field during the last 5 minutes of the game is ridiculous.
                    That's the second week in a row that Mathews has been on the bench at the end of the game. The only reason i won my fantasy matchup last week by 4 points is because my opponent had Mathews in the 31-24 Sunday night loss to the Saints and he was absent on the final drive. Another 20 rushing yards (to give him 100) or a TD by Mathews and i would have lost. Thanks Norv.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Prediction:

Reid is fired by the Eagles at season's end. Turner is fired by the Chargers at season's end. Reid becomes the new Chargers coach. Turner goes to coach in the UFL or something.
                      If they don't make the playoffs - beach if they don't go at least two rounds deep in the playoffs - and AJerk and Norval keep their jobs, I'm looking for a new team to support. Hey, that gives me an idea...

Comment

Working...
                      X