MIAMI 3.5 St. Louis
    New England 3.5 SEATTLE
    ARIZONA 4.5 Buffalo
    WASHINGTON 1.5 Minnesota
    SAN FRAN 5 Ny Giants
    HOUSTON 3.5 Green Bay

SAN DIEGO 2 Denver

YTD: 9-13-1

Pittsburgh -5.5. The Titans are playing on a short week, and are dreadful.

Atlanta -8.5. Kinda getting into the risky point spread range here but the Falcons rarely lose at home, so I'll bite.

Philly -4.5. No rational reason why, just a hunch.

Baltimore -3.5. At home and the better team, I'll lay 3.5 here.

Arizona -4.5. While the Cards offense likely won't roll 40 points on the Bills, I'm not sure how the Bills offense will manage to score 20 points.

Comment

I like your picks otw, gonna have to steal a few.

YTD: 10-10

Pit -5.5
      BAL -3.5
      AZ -4.5
      Nyg +5
      HOU -3.5
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

10-14-1 on the year. I am awesome.

Pittsburgh -5.5: I hate these Thursday games. Not from an entertainment standpoint, but I think I am 0-5 on them so far this year. Here's to bucking the trend!

Tampa Bay -3.5: I don't think the Bucs are that good, but Brady Quinn is on the road, people. Brady Quinn is on the road.

Atlanta -8.5: It's a big number, but Atlanta is at home and Oakland has to come east for a 1:00 p.m. start and is not a particularly good football team.

New England - 3.5: I should know better than to bet on the road team in Seattle, but I think the Pats will be able to take care of business out there and cover a fairly low number.

Denver +2: Should be a good game, and I could see a field goal deciding it either way. I'll go with the Broncos on a hunch.

Comment

YTD 4-6

Titans +5.5

Chiefs +3.5

Ravens -3.5

Seahawks +3.5

Cardinals -4.5
          "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

When I first looked (before reading what others had to say) at the Pit/Ten. I liked the Pittsburgh -5.5. Realizing that I have not picked a Thursday night game right in along time, combined with the public liking of Pittsburgh, I will go with Tenn. +5.5.

That should give you guys a good start to the week.

Comment

stellat effort by Coughlin, and if the Giants buy into this, he's a genius

Nobody plays the underdog better than Tom Coughlin and the Giants. They were at it again on Wednesday when Coughlin met with the defending Super Bowl champions and reminded them once again that the…

basically can't believe that his team - 12-9 in the last 21 regular season games and on the road to the 49ers' 17-4 this week - is not favored and no one gives his team a chance to win in spite of that dominating OT win in the NFC title game last year. or something like that.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

YTD: 25-23-3

Cincinnati - Bengals should win this walking away
                Kansas City - The Chiefs D might outscore the offense in this game
                ATLANTA - Even with Hey-Bey back, I don't see the Raiders doing well in this matchup
                Detroit - Philly hasn't proven they can play anything but a close game yet
                St. Louis - Miami will probably win at home, but it shouldn't be by more than a FG
                SEATTLE - Home dog - Pats struggles against the NFC West continue
                Buffalo - Shootout could come down to a last minute FG
                Minnesota - Tough call here, esp if RG3 plays, but Minny has been playing well
                Ny Giants - SF will win, but only by 3
                Denver - Can easily see this being a push
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I'll take Atlanta and Pittsburgh, neither spread is high enough. And I'll take the Colts... the Jets are just not good at football, and I think Indy takes this one.

Comment

+ 5.5 TENNESSEE

Cincinnati -1.5
                    NY JETS -3
                    +3.5 Kansas City
                    ATLANTA- 8.5
                    +3.5 Dallas
                    +4.5 Detroit
                    +3.5 St. Louis
                    New England -3.5
                    ARIZONA -4.5
                    WASHINGTON -1.5
                    SAN FRAN -5
                    HOUSTON -3.5

SAN DIEGO -2

I was gone Saturday and Sunday. I did not watch tv or listen to the radio. In the real world of gambling I would not be allowed to "place bets" after games started. I am testing myself to see how I can do against the spread. So I am posting my picks at this late hour but I assure you I do not know any scores.

Comment

Cincinnati - Bengals should win this walking away - Or Not...
                      Kansas City - The Chiefs D might outscore the offense in this game - I was right - the Chiefs D did outscore an offense - their own.
                      ATLANTA - Even with Hey-Bey back, I don't see the Raiders doing well in this matchup - I'm just going to stop picking Raiders games. They keep burning me.
                      Detroit - Philly hasn't proven they can play anything but a close game yet - Bing.
                      St. Louis - Miami will probably win at home, but it shouldn't be by more than a FG - Fish win by 3.
                      SEATTLE - Home dog - Pats struggles against the NFC West continue - Give that dog a bone.
                      Buffalo - Shootout could come down to a last minute FG - Bills win on a FG in OT. Wierd.
                      Minnesota - Tough call here, esp if RG3 plays, but Minny has been playing well - So much for that tough Vikes D.
                      Ny Giants - SF will (not) win, (and) only (score) 3 - Fixed. Still right, but I didn't see that coming.
                      Denver - Can easily see this being a push

6-4 this week. 31-27-3 YTD.
                      Last edited by Long John; 10-15-2012, 11:12 PM.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

+ 5.5 TENNESSEE-W

Cincinnati -1.5 -L
                        NY JETS -3 -W
                        +3.5 Kansas City-L
                        ATLANTA- 8.5 -L
                        +3.5 Dallas-W
                        +4.5 Detroit-W
                        +3.5 St. Louis-W
                        New England -3.5 -L
                        ARIZONA -4.5 -L
                        WASHINGTON -1.5 -W
                        SAN FRAN -5-L
                        HOUSTON -3.5-L

SAN DIEGO -2

I was gone Saturday and Sunday. I did not watch tv or listen to the radio. In the real world of gambling I would not be allowed to "place bets" after games started. I am testing myself to see how I can do against the spread. So I am posting my picks at this late hour but I assure you I do not know any scores.

6-7 going into tonights game.

Comment

Working...
                        X