Week Five Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week Five Discussion Thread

Greg Jennings already ruled out for Sunday.

Rams vs. Cards tonight!

This Greg Zeurlein is amazing. Guy hits 50-yarders like they're extra points.

Comment

Uh oh....Amendola lands hard on his shoulder, trots off to the locker room where they show him violently throwing his helmet against the wall......

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Uh oh....Amendola lands hard on his shoulder, trots off to the locker room where they show him violently throwing his helmet against the wall......
        Broken collarbone.

Comment

I broke my collarbone once. One thing not recommended with a broken collarbone - throwing anything.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Arizona O-line is dreadful.

Watching Kolb versus Bradford was painful. I'm not sold on either QB, although in Bradford's defense, his receivers are the worst in the league.

Amendola is Mr. Glass.

When was the last time the Cards had anything resembling a running game ?

Every defense in the NFC West is for real.

During the Cards/Rams game, they posted a graphic that Steven Jackson is the Rams All-Time leading rusher. This just seems odd to me, that he is ahead of Dickerson and Faulk.

Greg Zeurlein is the best thing about the Rams offense. Makes you want to see the offense bog down, so he can boot a 50-yarder.

Comment

Jeff Fisher can still coach a little bit. The improvement in the Rams defense is eye-popping.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                Arizona O-line is dreadful.

Watching Kolb versus Bradford was painful. I'm not sold on either QB, although in Bradford's defense, his receivers are the worst in the league.

Amendola is Mr. Glass.

When was the last time the Cards had anything resembling a running game ?

Every defense in the NFC West is for real.

During the Cards/Rams game, they posted a graphic that Steven Jackson is the Rams All-Time leading rusher. This just seems odd to me, that he is ahead of Dickerson and Faulk.

Greg Zeurlein is the best thing about the Rams offense. Makes you want to see the offense bog down, so he can boot a 50-yarder.
                I didn't realize Dickerson only played 5 seasons with the Rams.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                  Remember that both Dickerson & Faulk only played half their careers with the Rams, and both only had four really productive rushing years with them. This is SJax's 9th year with the Rams, 8 of which were as the unquestioned starter.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Remember that both Dickerson & Faulk only played half their careers with the Rams, and both only had four really productive rushing years with them. This is SJax's 9th year with the Rams, 8 of which were as the unquestioned starter.
                    I know it just seemswrong, much like Omar Vizquel having more hits than Babe Ruth.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Jeff Fisher can still coach a little bit. The improvement in the Rams defense is eye-popping.
                      The addition of Finnegan was a big boast (in terms of play and attitude), as well as the drafting CB Janoris Jenkins. Mikell is solid at the safety spot while the D-line is becoming stout-ish versus the pass and run with the interior line upgrades. Laurinaitis is a top-10-ish linebacker but could use some help with more depth at that spot.

Comment

This is too funny. Not really worth it's own thread and it's football related so I thought I'd share it here.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          HAHAHAHAHA! That was just classic. Thanks, man. Best laugh I've had in a while.
                          No prob. I love the Sanchez/Tebow bit (and I'm a Jets fan). And Rodgers getting pissed at Wilson was great.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            This is too funny. Not really worth it's own thread and it's football related so I thought I'd share it here.

http://profootballmock.com/?p=4810
                            I was just gonna post that. Hysterical!
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I didn't realize Dickerson only played 5 seasons with the Rams.
                              I think he held out and forced a trade.

Faulk, of course, didn't begin his career with the Rams.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X