What Would You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Do?

My keeper league team is loaded for bear and I'm obviously gunning for a title this season. With 5 active keepers and 3 rookie squadders, this league is cyclical in nature as teams trade their cheap talent for expensive studs in dump deals, but then usually suffer the next season.

It's a deep league, as we have two flex spots (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, + 2FLEX), of which one can be a second QB. That means all QBs have value, and great ones are gold.

You can keep players for two years, then they need to be franchised with a cost increase of about $12 (max two F contracts per team). Rookies can be kept indefinitely, as long as they're unactivated.

My starters usually are (bold= likely 2K13 keeper):
    QB - Newton 15X
    QB - Palmer 2X
    RB - McCoy 24F
    RB - Richardson 15A
    RB - Murray 12X
    WR - Green 15A
    WR - RWhite 34A
    WR - AJohnson 41A
    TE - VDavis 16A
    D - Ravens/Falcons

My attractive bench options are:
    Spiller 13A
    LMoore 3A
    ARoberts 1A
    Cobb 3A

My rookies are Stephen Hill & David Wilson.

Richardson is one of the league's top keepers (as is Green, but he ain't goin' nowhere). Spiller was also until he got hurt.

I was offered Brees for Richardson, Palmer & my 1st rounder, and today was offered Foster, DBrown & Romo for Richardson, Murray, Palmer & my 1st rounder. I declined both deals.

Brees may be the best QB option available. Palmer is my likely biggest need to upgrade, but is it even necessary? Do I just ride the wave? Do I try to deal away one of the Moore/Roberts/Cobb troika with Palmer for an upgrade?

The league has slowly changed as rookies have entered and been top options from Day 1, so I can field a great team this year as well as next year. So in other words, I can stand pat and be fine, but would that cost me the 2k12 title?

I'm interested to hear what others would do.

That's a pretty strong team, but I definitely worry about Palmer. Are the rest of your players good enough to carry him? Sure, they probably are... but putting Brees in that lineup would make it ridiculous. If you deal Richardson, stick Spiller in his spot and roll with your current bench, that's a good lineup. What is a 1st round pick worth? If you have 4 great keepers already I wouldn't worry about losing another one in Richardson.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      That's a pretty strong team, but I definitely worry about Palmer. Are the rest of your players good enough to carry him? Sure, they probably are... but putting Brees in that lineup would make it ridiculous. If you deal Richardson, stick Spiller in his spot and roll with your current bench, that's a good lineup. What is a 1st round pick worth? If you have 4 great keepers already I wouldn't worry about losing another one in Richardson.
      I agree with JC - going from Palmer/Richardson to Brees/spiller is a pretty good deal for you. Losing the 1st rounder may be tough but if everyone has several keepers, the value in that 1st round likely amounts to a mid round draft pick.

Are any Qbs available that you think you could trade spiller or the rest of your bench guys for?

Comment

Just to be clear about the 1st rounder : it's a 1st rounder for the rookie draft. So my pick should be the 8th-12th pick of the 2013 rooks.

Comment

Who would you keep in place of Richardson if you made this deal? I'd strongly consider making the deal because I always like to play for this year. Plus its not like you won't have good keepers for next year if you trade away Richardson and draft pick in the rookie draft next year. Its just a question of whether you think you need Brees to win it this year?
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
          X