Week 4 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 musings...

I went to the Lions/Vikings game yesterday so I will muse on that game....

the Lions special teams is dreadful. League-worst dreadful (4 special teams TD's in two games !). Harvin returned the opening kick-off for a touchdown, and add in a punt return for a touchdown, and that was the difference in the game.

the Vikes are legit (or more legit than most would expect). Ponder manages the offense well (has yet to turn the ball over in four games), Peterson is back, the defense is much improved (holding San Fran and Detroit to 13 points each).

Jerome Simpson presence will help the Vikes pass offense, as he will be able to open up the deep passing game somewhat. His numbers yesterday 4 catches for 50 yards, should be what one can expect as a floor, on a weekly basis.

while always dangerous, Calvin Johnson sure looked mortal yesterday. That being said, the Lions receivers as a whole, seemed to drop quite a few passes. Most dropped passes were for either touchdowns or would have kept drives alive.

Mikel Leshoure hardly looked like a world beater. Add in a fumble in the Vikes side of the field, and it was a day to forget for him.

Lions rookie cornerback Bill Bentley had 57 yards in penalties on two pass interference calls, which aided the Vikings to get points on both drives.

the Lions had chances inside the 20 (late in the 2nd and in the 4th) but failed to convert them into touchdowns. Johnson and Pettigrew dropped TD passes in the 2nd and the team went for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter but ended up getting sacked, and turning the ball over on downs.

Jeremy Maclin was pretty much invisible yesterday. He's still not anywhere near 100% and his fantasy owners should not rely on him at Pittsburgh next week.

The Jets' offense, already anemic, lost one of their few playmakers in Santonio Holmes. Might as well convert to Tebow's Denver offense, because they just don't have the horses to get much done in a conventional office. And Sanchez looks worse every week.

It seems like long FG attempts against the Eagles are always good, so I was surprised that Tynes' fell short. What I am sure about is that it's time for the last-second icing-the-kicker timeout strategy to go away for good.

Is the old Peyton Manning back, or are the Raiders just that bad?

Is the old Chris Johnson back, or were the Texans napping on run plays?

Who woulda thunk the Saints would be 0-4? Yet, I still like them to beat the Chargers at home next week.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Is the old Peyton Manning back, or are the Raiders just that bad?
      The Raiders ARE that bad.

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Is the old Chris Johnson back, or were the Texans napping on run plays?
      Not sure, but I'm hoping someone thinks so. That way I can trade him off my roster this week and get something useful for him.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

The Saints are the most dangerous 0-4 team I can ever recall.

Drew Brees just tied the record that the NFL Network called the 2nd hardest "Record to Break" in 2008. So much for that.

Kudos to everyone who bought Chris Johnson for pennies on the dollar. While I don't think he's "back," he should be better than garbage the rest of the way.

Wow -- rookie Greg "The Leg" Zeurlein tied, then broke, the Rams record for longest FG in the same game.

So the Jets bring in a circus as their backup QB, but in a 34-0 blowout don't find the time to get him in the game? I thought the purpose of trading for Tebow was to drive Sanchez.....obviously, that hasn't worked. If he can't even get into games except as a rusher or special teamer, then he's just another Mark Brunell.

Colin Kaepernick is a better Tim Tebow than Tim Tebow.

Russell Wilson has the least amount of passing yards by any Seattle QB after four games in their illustrious history.

Arizona is a surprising 4-0, but I have no faith in any Kevin Kolb-led offense. But Andre Roberts is starting to be a nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Colin Kaepernick is a better Tim Tebow than Tim Tebow.

Arizona is a surprising 4-0, but I have no faith in any Kevin Kolb-led offense. But Andre Roberts is starting to be a nice find.

That didnt last long. The Rams may win that division.
          Colin Kaepernick may turn into QB if they keep working on his game. Tebow does not seem to have that option.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X