Week 3 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    A point here, a point there, what does it get you?

Wasnt this the team being touted as "The Dream Team"? Cowboys win that division ugly.

J
    Didn't you say last week that the Eagles "have a stranglehold on the division?"

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Didn't you say last week that the Eagles "have a stranglehold on the division?"
      Yes I did, but it was meant as irony. Ironic, since so many people have been touting them that way, and they were undefeated. The irony is that they had won both games by a point, and did not look good doing it. In any event, I do not think any team in the division is that good, including the Champs.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Yes I did, but it was meant as irony. Ironic, since so many people have been touting them that way, and they were undefeated. The irony is that they had won both games by a point, and did not look good doing it. In any event, I do not think any team in the division is that good, including the Champs.

J
        The NFC East may be the best division in the entire NFL. Already two of the top three highest scoring teams are there, and the other two haven't gotten rolling yet.

Comment

J
          LOL um yeah

Comment

The NFC East may be the best division in the entire NFL. Already two of the top three highest scoring teams are there, and the other two haven't gotten rolling yet.
            The NFC East isnt as good as the NFC West right now, but you have a point. There is no really bad team. Even the Redskins will win 6-7. I just dont see an 11 win team in the bunch.

J
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-25-2012, 02:15 PM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The NFC East isnt as good as the NFC West right now, but you have a point. There is no really bad team. Even the Redskins will win 6-7. I just see an 11 win team in the bunch.

J
              You lost me here. Seattle and St. Louis are better than which NFC East teams? Even if Washington is 1-2, they may have the most dynamic player in the entire league, and I'm not willing to bet against them.

The Cards are an incredibly surprising 3-0, and the Niners may very well be the best team of the entire lot, but saying the NFC West is better is off base.

Comment

You lost me here. Seattle and St. Louis are better than which NFC East teams? Even if Washington is 1-2, they may have the most dynamic player in the entire league, and I'm not willing to bet against them.

The Cards are an incredibly surprising 3-0, and the Niners may very well be the best team of the entire lot, but saying the NFC West is better is off base.
                I dont have a horse in this race, so dont get all huffy.

The West may not be better over the long haul, but they are playing better right now. For example, people are making noises that the Cards have the best defense in the league. Even the Rams have a clue. St Louis and Washington would be an interesting matchup. Seattle, SF and Arizona compare favorably with Dallas, Philly and NYG. After week 8 it may look different.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Wasnt this the team being touted as "The Dream Team"?
                  Last year, by a backup QB who doesn't know Wunderlic from Wonder Bread.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Yes I did, but it was meant as irony.
                    You have a weird way of showing irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Last year, by a backup QB who doesn't know Wunderlic from Wonder Bread.
                      No. I am talking about the people doing it last month.

You have a weird way of showing irony.
                      Say one thing and mean the opposite isnt the way you do it?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Say one thing and mean the opposite isnt the way you do it?

J
                        And we can tell that on an internet message board how? Especially from someone who's not known for his clear writing.

Comment

No. I am talking about the people doing it last month.
                          Not in Philly.

Comment

And we can tell that on an internet message board how? Especially from someone who's not known for his clear writing.

J
                            Not in Philly.
                            No these guys are put forward as experts. Using the term "Dream Team" may have been more a message board thing, but there were a lot of mags and site pushing the Eagles.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

No these guys are put forward as experts. Using the term "Dream Team" may have been more a message board thing, but there were a lot of mags and site pushing the Eagles.

J
                              Not that I love the Eagles but in that division you have the Skins, who are more exciting with RGIII but still aren't that good; the Cowboys, who have talent but are dysfunctional; the Giants, who are defending champs that last year lost to Washington twice and had to win game 16 just to make the playoffs. The Eagles have played terrible and could be 0-3. But they are 2-1. If Vick quits making 5 turnovers each week they are still a contender in that division. And anything can happen when you make the playoffs.

Comment

Stats-wise, NFC West is clearly the best division so far - +32 net points vs. NFC East's +1. (NFC North and AFC East each are +31).

But we're only three games in. Living in the midwest, I'm completely biased so may be way off here, but I think the NFC North will end up being the toughest division once Green Bay's offense gets back on track. The worst team in the NFC North (presumably Detroit) should prove to be better than Washington and St. Louis.

Comment

Working...
                                X