Detroit 3.5 TENNESSEE
    BALTIMORE 3 New England
    San Francisco 7 MINNESOTA
    INDIANAPOLIS 3 Jacksonville
    CHICAGO 7 St. Louis Rams
    Buffalo 2.5 CLEVELAND

Green Bay 3 SEATTLE

YTD: 3-6-1

San Fran -7. Not quite sure how the best team in the league is only favoured by 7 over this Vikings squad that barely beat Jacksonville and lost to Indy. I was expecting a double digit spread here (and I'm a Vikings fan).

Green Bay -3. Seattle rolled a lifeless Cowboys team last week but I think Green Bay has enough here to cover the number.

Baltimore -3. Common sense would say, New England comes out with a big effort here after losing at home to Arizona last week but my spidey sense says Baltimore wins regardless.

Buffalo -2.5. I liked what I saw last week versus the Chiefs, I expect more of the same versus this lame Cleveland team.

Pittsburgh -3.5. Pittsburgh's going on the road but the Raiders haven't exactly inspired confidence thus far, take the Steelers in this reasonable spot.

Comment

YTD: 10-9-2

CAROLINA - Like the home dog to win outright. Giants offense is without Bradshaw & Nicks.
      Houston - Establishing themselves as a premier AFC contender means winning on the road
      ARIZONA - Philly can't win by more than 1 point
      Pittsburgh - Going against the home dog, but Oakland is just that bad
      Tampa Bay - Tampa is not going to go down without a fight
      Kansas City - NO wins, but not by more than 7. The D just isn't that good when it's not trying to hurt people.
      Cincinnati - Tough one, but I can see this upset happening.
      Detroit - Megatron goes nuts for the first time in '12.
      San Francisco - No brainer. SF will put up more than 7 points. How will Minn score?
      INDIANAPOLIS - See also: Oakland.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Picking 5 games each week. Coming into week 3 at a stellar 4-5-1. Here goes:

NO -7.5. Sure, it's a big spread for a battle of 0-2 teams, but I think the Saints will finally put it together and get a much needed first win, in blowout fashion.

Detroit -3.5. They did not look good on Sunday night, but the Niners D will make that happen. Tennessee is a different story and Detroit gets back on track.

SF -7. Agree with Long John. Not sure how the Vikings will score and the Niners will score at least 14 points.

Cincy +3.5. Like this underdog pick with the Skins losses on defense. Of course, that just means RGIII will go off and Washington will win by 3 TDs.

Green Bay -3. IT'S A TRAP. But I'm picking Green Bay anyway.

Comment

5-7-2 going in. I think I will pick all of the games and see what happens.

+2 DENVER
          +3 Atlanta
          Philadelphia -4
          Pittsburgh -3.5
          DALLAS -7
          NEW ORLEANS -7.5
          Jets -3
          WASHINGTON -3.5
          +3.5 TENNESSEE
          +3 New England
          San Francisco -7
          +3 Jacksonville
          CHICAGO -7 St.
          Buffalo -2.5

Green Bay -3

Comment

YTD: 2-3

Hou -2
            Atl +3
            TB +7
            SF -7
            Buf -2.5
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              YTD: 2-3

Hou -2
              Atl +3
              TB +7
              SF -7
              Buf -2.5
              4-1 I think that's my best week yet when posting here (going back at least 2 seasons).
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                5-7-2 going in. I think I will pick all of the games and see what happens.

+2 DENVER-L
                +3 Atlanta-W
                Philadelphia -4 -L
                Pittsburgh -3.5 -L
                DALLAS -7 -L
                NEW ORLEANS -7.5 -L
                Jets -3 -Push
                WASHINGTON -3.5 -L
                +3.5 TENNESSEE-W
                +3 New England-W
                San Francisco -7 -L
                +3 Jacksonville-W
                CHICAGO -7 St. -W
                Buffalo -2.5-W

Green Bay -3
                Not so good.

6-7-1 for the week. Need GreenBay to cover for the push. I would prefer they didn't.
                Last edited by Gregg; 09-24-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

CAROLINA - Like the home dog to win outright. Giants offense is without Bradshaw & Nicks. - errr.... Giants offense was not without Eli though.
                  Houston - Establishing themselves as a premier AFC contender means winning on the road - and win they did
                  ARIZONA - Philly can't win by more than 1 point - and Arizona is for real folks
                  Pittsburgh - Going against the home dog, but Oakland is just that bad - Pitt beat themselves
                  Tampa Bay - Tampa is not going to go down without a fight - ok, maybe they are, but they beat the spread
                  Kansas City - NO wins, but not by more than 7. The D just isn't that good when it's not trying to hurt people. - They call him MISTER Charles.
                  Cincinnati - Tough one, but I can see this upset happening. - And Armon Binns was on my bench in 2 leagues...
                  Detroit - Megatron goes nuts for the first time in '12. - He had a good game, but Jake Locker was too much for the Lions defense (wow!)
                  San Francisco - No brainer. SF will put up more than 7 points. How will Minn score? - Ouch. I don't think anyone so this coming.
                  INDIANAPOLIS - See also: Oakland. - I was wrong about Oakland too.

5-5 this week, 15-14-2 for the season.

GO PACK GO!
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                  X