Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Jackson Out 4+ Weeks

CJ Spiller owners rejoice!

I was talking about luck with a friend the other day. I drafted CJ Spiller and that was thru shrewd analysis and talent evaluation. I knew Spiller would get enough touches this year to be valuable, injury to Jackson or not. A couple of years ago when the Houston RB spot was up for grabs a guy in my league took Foster. He got lucky.

Comment

I was going to draft Spiller anyway. Guess I shouldn't have bothered with FJax too.

Comment

This week should tell us a lot about the Bills and the Chiefs.

Buffalo blew the Chiefs out in game 1 last year, with Eric Berry lasting 3 plays. Both teams got buried in week 1 this season, stuffed by a couple of serious defenses. Buffalo is at home, but they did not play well without Jackson last season.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Stupid fantasy football --- 99.9% luck....bad luck if you're a F-jax owner.
          Injuries happen in all sports. They may mean more in FF because each week is just one game, however.

In my redraft league (2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex) I neglected my 2nd RB as the starters all went off the board, and I decided I'd just go with a hodgepodge at RB2 and see who would stick, if any. Did I get "lucky" drafting CJ Spiller? In the sense the injury to FJax happened so early in the year, yeah. But at the same time, Spiller was the leading fantasy RB over the 6 games he replaced FJax last year, and he's 25 to FJax's 31 1/2 (ancient for a starting RB). So perhaps thinking FJax would just come back from a season ender, be "the man" again with no injury risk, and share a job with a RB who was a Top 10 draft pick and performed like one over a decent period of time, was far from "lucky", IMO.

The same adage in fantasy baseball applies to fantasy football: skills, not roles. This isn't sayng FJax doesn't have the skills; he does. But Spiller snaking his playing time was an inevitability.

I always thought if you took a QB or TE early at the expense of your RB2, if you hit the jackpot, your team could be propelled into the upper echelon. CJ Spiller may have just done that for many teams (mine included)!
          Last edited by revo; 09-11-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Chan Gailey said FJax would be out "anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks" today.

Comment

Mods, Mith stole elD's login. Please fix it immediately.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Mods, Mith stole elD's login. Please fix it immediately.
                No that's elD on self righteousness. Be very afraid.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X