Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strategy questions

keeper league, 6 keepers, 20 rounds, keepers already announced

I'm keeping 1QB and 5WR. Obviously, I need to address RB and backup QB early in the draft.

My questions is this: Would you draft 1 kicker and 1 defense OR would you draft 2 kickers and 2 defenses?

Normally, I like to draft 2 of each (because, unlike others, I want kickers on good teams and good defenses). Then after bye weeks are over for my "stud" defenses and kickers release their backups and use FAAB money on other QB, WR, TE, or RB.

thoughts?

In my 12-team league, I'll usually draft one kicker and two defenses. I'm in a waiver league, however, not a FAAB league. I've always been able to find good kickers on waivers for a bye or in case my kicker pulls a Kaeding. But defenses, come bye weeks, can get pretty scarce for any kind of quality.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Kickers will cost you $1 on FAAB -- not sure I'd even draft one kicker, let alone 2. Drafting 2 D's are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        keeper league, 6 keepers, 20 rounds, keepers already announced

I'm keeping 1QB and 5WR. Obviously, I need to address RB and backup QB early in the draft.

My questions is this: Would you draft 1 kicker and 1 defense OR would you draft 2 kickers and 2 defenses?

Normally, I like to draft 2 of each (because, unlike others, I want kickers on good teams and good defenses). Then after bye weeks are over for my "stud" defenses and kickers release their backups and use FAAB money on other QB, WR, TE, or RB.

thoughts?
        One of my leagues has 20 rounds. I never draft more than one kicker. There will always be someone decent on the WW when your starter is on bye. There is no sense tying up a roster spot with a second one for more than one week.

Defenses, it varies. Mostly, it depends on whether you take a top-ranked defense early, or wait on defenses. If your strategy is the latter, then with 20 rounds it's best to grab two and play DBBC. If you take a defense early and plan to play it every week except its bye, then, as with kickers, there's no reason to waste a roster spot on a backup for more than one week.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Here's one. If you dont have to take a K and/or DST, should you?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Here's one. If you dont have to take a K and/or DST, should you?

J
            I think it depends on the size of your league, and whether your fellow owners tend to draft one K/D, or more. If your league size is small and/or almost no one drafts more than one K/D, then you ought to be able to find good ones on the wire just before Week 1. If your league size is large and/or a good number of owners tend to draft more than one K/D, then it might be too risky to draft none, lest there be nothing but dreck on the wire when you need them. I think it is riskier for defenses than kickers.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X