Starting an auction league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting an auction league

Starting a Fantasy Football auction league. Surprisingly, there is not that much information online for the structure of the league.

What is the ideal cap limit? How many teams and roster spots? Should I do single conference or mixed league? Is roto better for the format? Is head to head even worth it?

I know some of these topics are porbably a matter or preference but I was curious to know what others who have more experience prefer.

I was thinking 12 team, $240 cap with 14 roster spots , roto with NFC only.

Originally posted by R.Milos View Post
    Starting a Fantasy Football auction league. Surprisingly, there is not that much information online for the structure of the league.

What is the ideal cap limit? How many teams and roster spots? Should I do single conference or mixed league? Is roto better for the format? Is head to head even worth it?

I know some of these topics are porbably a matter or preference but I was curious to know what others who have more experience prefer.

I was thinking 12 team, $240 cap with 14 roster spots , roto with NFC only.

I've never been a part of a auction fantasy football league but I have been in plenty of fantasy football leagues. I don't like the idea of having a league (auction or regular) that was NFC only. I know that AL only & NL only leagues are very popular in fantasy baseball. I just haven't heard much about NFC or AFC only leagues in fantasy football, just my preference. I think that the rest looks fine to me.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I run a keeper auction league that I started up in '04. We use a $200 salary cap, with the max keeper limit being 5 players and $125.

I would definitely not limit it to AFC or NFC. You won't find any interest there.

Also, definitely HTH. Again, you won't find much interest in a roto FF league.

If you want to deepen rosters, just add more starting roster spots, like a 2nd QB, and an additional flex spot.

Comment

How would one even do FF in a Roto format?

If you don't want to do strict H2H, then do Total Points or Victory Points.

12-team NFC only = almost everyone has crap at running back. The LeSean McCoy owner would have even more of an advantage than he does in a normal league.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Also, definitely HTH. Again, you won't find much interest in a roto FF league.
          I agree with Ed. Not sure how I missed that but I'd definitely want to do H2H for fantasy football too. Roto for FF just doesn't work like it does in fantasy baseball.
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
          X