Super Bowl XLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to our Packer backers!

"I remember so many huge rushing games in the 80s games, and now that type of SB offense seems so ancient."

yeah, Redskins' Timmy Smith with a record 204 rushing yards on 22 carries and 2 of his 5 career TDs in the 1988 Super Bowl vs. Denver. Played 22 NFL regular season games all told, then did time for selling coke. 122 yards on 5 second-quarter carries. That was weird...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I was so wrapped up in the game that I don't know if it was fun to watch or not. It's just to hard to relax and enjoy yourself when your team is playing a team as good as the Steelers.

I'm happy to see guys like Woodson and Driver get their rings, and now that Rodger's has one maybe we can stop hearing the comparisons between him and Favre. Who am I kidding though? To fill the void in the offseason some network will probably kidnap Rodgers and Favre and drop them on a remote island to see if the can work together to survive

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        decent game, the score made it seem better than it really was. First half was weak, no real big plays, but the PIT comeback was pretty nice. Too many dropped passes by GB made it sloppy despite the win. I'm not sure why so many teams completely abandon the run once they get to the Super Bowl -- I remember so many huge rushing games in the 80s games, and now that type of SB offense seems so ancient.

Jordy Nelson emerged as a nice weapon despite his two or three big drops. James Jones should be thankful the Packers won.

The halftime show was pretty good, even if the Black Eyed Peas realized they couldn't carry it all by themselves.

Congrats GB fans on title #13!!
        Wow can't believe you liked that atrocious halftime show. The BEP sounded terrible, looked stupid, made fools of themselves and dragged Usher and Slash into it too. They can't carry a tune to save their lives and that tranny Fergie thought she could salvage it by belting 3 seconds of a note at the end (and not well). I was recollecting on when the BEP were actually a good hip-hop act. Any of the hip-hop fans in here remember that. I saw them play at a medium to small club here around 2001 I think and it was one of the best shows I've been to. It seemed like once Fergie came on board and they blew up with that "Where is the Love" song they decided to make really terrible music that would get played on the radio.

Aguilera is an embarrasment nothing more to be said. She makes Roseanne look good (not physically of course, she is still more than welcome as eye candy).

Did anyone else notice the SB XLV logo (particularly the Lombardi Trophy) patch on the uniforms looked phallic?

Comment

Ok game. Didn't think either team really got into their stride.

Half time was appalling. There are no words.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
            I was recollecting on when the BEP were actually a good hip-hop act. Any of the hip-hop fans in here remember that. I saw them play at a medium to small club here around 2001 I think and it was one of the best shows I've been to. It seemed like once Fergie came on board and they blew up with that "Where is the Love" song they decided to make really terrible music that would get played on the radio.
            I was doing the same. I saw them around that same time pre-Fergie in Detroit, and it was an outstanding show. Really awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Congrats to the Fudge Packers and the cheeseheads on this board. They should have a good good team for some time.

You know, JB, and others, the phrase "Fudge Packers" is pretty crass and insensitive. Think of the origin and implications of the derogatory term. If you’re truly the socially liberal minded I think you say you are, please stop using it. There are lots of other terms for the Packers and their fans we can embrace, that is most certainly not one of them. It stinks that this is my first follow up post in this thread. Go Pack Go!
              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-07-2011, 11:51 AM.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm not sure why so many teams completely abandon the run once they get to the Super Bowl -- I remember so many huge rushing games in the 80s games, and now that type of SB offense seems so ancient.
                The Pack didn't have much of a run game the entire season. I think the rushed for 75 yards, which is about thier average.

Edited to say: Um, 50 yards total rushing. Ya just can't win that way! But they did. Wow!
                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-07-2011, 11:58 AM.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

What a night! I had such a bad week, personally, that I really needed this win. I know the Packers couldn't care less about my week, and I am not one of those fans who thinks my world, superstitions, actions have any impact the game's outcome, but it sure helped the new week and my new life get started right for me.

We're bringing our Trophy home, Damnit!

Great game Steelers and fans, you deserved better, but what better Super Bowl than two of the most outstanding teams in NFL history. I think we might meet again on the big stage, sooner than later!

How bout them...Packers!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Wow can't believe you liked that atrocious halftime show. The BEP sounded terrible, looked stupid, made fools of themselves and dragged Usher and Slash into it too. They can't carry a tune to save their lives and that tranny Fergie thought she could salvage it by belting 3 seconds of a note at the end (and not well). I was recollecting on when the BEP were actually a good hip-hop act. Any of the hip-hop fans in here remember that. I saw them play at a medium to small club here around 2001 I think and it was one of the best shows I've been to. It seemed like once Fergie came on board and they blew up with that "Where is the Love" song they decided to make really terrible music that would get played on the radio.

Aguilera is an embarrasment nothing more to be said. She makes Roseanne look good (not physically of course, she is still more than welcome as eye candy).

Did anyone else notice the SB XLV logo (particularly the Lombardi Trophy) patch on the uniforms looked phallic?
                    I kinda liked the light show, and after the corpse of The Who last year, I guess this just had more 'oomph.' You have to understand I only knew one of the songs anyway. LOL at Fergie being a tranny -- I kinda think she's hot!

Comment

I kinda liked the light show, and after the corpse of The Who last year, I guess this just had more 'oomph.' You have to understand I only knew one of the songs anyway. LOL at Fergie being a tranny -- I kinda think she's hot!
                      Ok I liked the idea of ending this littany of decrepit old men parading on stage singing songs from the 70s as well but this was still just terrible.

As for Fergie it's a debate I've had many times over. The body may be tight but she look-a like a man:

Comment

Getting back to football. I saw a stat that amazed me about the Packers. During the regular season and playoffs they never trailed in a game by more than 7 points.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                          We're bringing our Trophy home, Damnit!!
                          Oh, yeah!!!!!! And the town was great to be in after the game. Players greeted back from the airport today, parade/trophy presentation at Lambeau tomorrow.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Good karma? The play "Lombardi" has been playing on Broadway for a few months now. He's played by Dan Lauria, the father from Wonder Years...
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Good karma? The play "Lombardi" has been playing on Broadway for a few months now. He's played by Dan Lauria, the father from Wonder Years...
                              ESPN is making a movie about Lombardi and Robert De Niro is suppose to be playing him. I saw something on another site that said it would be out the week before the Super Bowl in 2012 if all went well, and if that's the case we could be looking at a repeat

Comment

. I was recollecting on when the BEP were actually a good hip-hop act. Any of the hip-hop fans in here remember that. I saw them play at a medium to small club here around 2001 I think and it was one of the best shows I've been to. It seemed like once Fergie came on board and they blew up with that "Where is the Love" song they decided to make really terrible music that would get played on the radio.
                                I saw them in SF once pre-Fergie and they were awesome. I saw them at Candlestick Park when they turned the entire field into a giant rave. BEP had their own tent away from the rave called "The Hip Hop Tent" and there were only about 25 fans. Great show.

Comment

Working...
                                X