No announcement yet.

Super Bowl XLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Steelers to win a close game; 35-32 (So you ask how did I come up with this score? My office pool numbers are: Steelers-5 Packers-2; horrible numbers unless my prediction is correct)

Comment

Game Day Baby! Pens-Caps at 12:30 as a lead in to Super Bowl coverage. To quote a certain LB who is no longer in the playoffs... Can't Wait!!!

Go Steelers!

Comment

Can't wait for this game to start! I think Mendenhall is going to have a big game.

Just need Legursky to step up while filling in for Pouncey. The Steelers offensive line replacements have been amazing so far this year. Just need them to step up one more time.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Winning another Super Bowl would be awesome--especially on the "sacred" turf of the Invincible Cowboys. However, given how well the Packers are playing, and that their fans are intense but not obnoxious, my feeling is that if they win, no hard feelings.

I like how these teams are so into frigid weather that they brought their own.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Winning another Super Bowl would be awesome--especially on the "sacred" turf of the Invincible Cowboys. However, given how well the Packers are playing, and that their fans are intense but not obnoxious, my feeling is that if they win, no hard feelings.

I like how these teams are so into frigid weather that they brought their own.

Agree on the Packers. The fact that their head coach is a Pittsburgh native makes them a little more tolerable if they win.

As for the Dallas weather this week, when Pittsburgh takes over a city for a Steeler game we pull out all the stops.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Woohoo!!! Shutting up the Steelers fans makes me sooo happy. I just jinked the Packers lol.

Comment

That field is playing like sh!t so far.

Comment

wait til you see the media hits on this week - today alone, some fans had to wait three hours on line to get into the game, 800 fans had tickets but had to be relocated, another 400 fans with tickets never got in (getting triple the face value, which may be less than they paid) because the fire marshal wouldn't approve the seats, the media buses got lost driving to the game, Cristina Aguilera butchered the national anthem, the commercials for the most part are getting bad reviews.....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If this turns out to be an awesome game that will all be placed on the back burner.

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    wait til you see the media hits on this week - today alone, some fans had to wait three hours on line to get into the game, 800 fans had tickets but had to be relocated, another 400 fans with tickets never got in (getting triple the face value, which may be less than they paid) because the fire marshal wouldn't approve the seats, the media buses got lost driving to the game, Cristina Aguilera butchered the national anthem, the commercials for the most part are getting bad reviews.....

Comment

My lord, the Fudge Packers DBs are dropping like flies.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                        Woohoo!!! Shutting up the Steelers fans makes me sooo happy. I just jinked the Packers lol.
                        Oh the Steelers dead yet and the party I am at is anything but quiet That wasn't pretty, but the Steelers are in the game still.

Comment

Did I miss where the announcers mentioned that the Steelers had gone more than 60 playoff FB minutes without a TD (and that one was a defensive touchdown)?
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Oh the Steelers dead yet and the party I am at is anything but quiet That wasn't pretty, but the Steelers are in the game still.
                            Hi Frae!

HOLY F@CK! Fergie's voice.

Comment

A better halftime show then last year.

Comment

Oh I love Mendy. Helped me win a fantasy title this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X