No announcement yet.

2K11: Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

From one of Bill Simmons' columns:

After watching yet another Tim Tebow miracle ending … in terms of stories that would cause the internet to explode, what if Tim Tebow grew a Johnny Damon haircut and beard from a couple years ago and then adamantly refused to acknowledge any questions about it. Wouldn’t the question of whether or not Tim Tebow was trying to look like Jesus cause the internet to explode? At a minimum, it would be awesome to watch him politely decline question after question from reporters while they awkwardly tried to ask about it.
      — Glenn, Philly
      Had me rolling.

Comment

From Rotoworld's Chris Wesseling:

Stat of the Week: Tim Tebow’s 20-yard scramble to beat the Jets’ blitz was the longest game-winning touchdown run by a QB in final minute of the fourth quarter in NFL history.
        Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

John Elway throws a little fuel on the fire...

Linky: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19384064?source=bb

"Tim Tebow did exactly what he thought he could on Thursday night. When we get in tough situations, he's a guy that's going to be able to make those plays," Elway said on his weekly radio show on 102.3 FM.

But Thursday's victory - the Broncos' third straight and fourth since Tebow was named starter - hasn't sold anyone in the Broncos' front office on Tebow being the long-term answer at quarterback.

When asked directly by host Gary Miller if Elway is, "Any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team," Elway paused, and answered, "No."

"I think obviously he's making progress week in and week out. When you look at our third down numbers, those have to improve. I mean, that's the bottom line," Elway said. "We can't go 3-for-13 and win a world championship. Those are the type of things we have to keep improving."

Well, that sent the Tebow Tabernacle Choir into an uproar. It seemed unthinkable pre-Tebow, but Timmah's fan club is now actively turning on the previous Jesus of Denver Broncos football, John Elway. And the knives are out. They're charging that Elway's ego is causing him (and, by extension, butt-buddy owner Pat Bowlen) to undermine Tebow at every turn. They're demanding that the organization firmly commit to Tebow this year and next, and some are even calling for Elway's dismissal from the front office.

Elway's body language was fascinating to watch during Tebow's game-winning touchdown run vs. The Jets. They had a camera on him in the team box. When Tebow burst into the end zone, Elway immediately jumped to his feet, smiled wide, and clapped enthusiastically. Then he seemed to catch himself - he glanced around, toned his celebration way down in a hurry, then put on his stoic face and quickly sat back down in his seat. I'm not sure what was going on there, but it sure seemed like something was going on there.

I'm not a football fan, but I've gotta admit, I'm captivated by the Tebow soap opera. It's fun to watch it unfold.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I am in agreement with Elway. The Tebow story has been terrific but theres a long way to go before Elway needs to make any kind of 2k12 commitment. It would be foolish to do so at this point.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Broncos waived QB Kyle Orton.

Interesting. The Broncos weren't going back to Orton, so the hope is that a QB-needy team such as the Bears, Texans, or Chiefs will claim the $1.324 million remaining on his 2011 salary. The obvious dot-connecting is with the Bears and former coach Lovie Smith, though Mike Martz's offense is much different than the one Orton ran under Ron Turner from 2005-2008. Tim Tebow is locked in as the starter in Denver.

Comment

Thoughts on this article?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

thoughts on this video?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8_buda5vWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

he looks like this guy

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm776182784/tt0249973

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      thoughts on this video?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8_buda5vWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      Blasphemy! The Tebow, born of a Virgin on a Philipine mountain top shall smite with the fury of a thousand suns.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        While he makes some rather interesting points, he's glossing over two really strong facts:
                        1) 18, 10, 38, 17, 17, 16 -- in all but one game, the Broncos have scored 18 points or less
                        2) 15, 45, 24, 10, 13, 13 -- the Broncos have allowed 15 points or less 4 out of his 6 games

Until Tebow supporters recognize it's the defense that's winning these games, they'll come up with any argument under the sun in his defense.

You're not concerned that in 5 of his 6 games, the offensive scoring output has been inept?

Comment

How about this article?

"I feel sorry for Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil and Broderick Bunkley and Champ Bailey and all the Denver Broncos defensive players.

They're getting Tebow-ed.

That doesn't mean kneeling down to take a picture, but rather losing credit for being the real reason why the Denver Broncos have won four consecutive games. Lost in all the Tim Tebow hype and his 5-1 record as a starter is the play of the Denver defense.

The Tebow cult will tell you it is Tebow who makes those guys play harder. That's garbage. The reason Denver is playing better on defense is because some of their young players have improved. Guys like Miller."

Comment

Of course the defense has been stellar. No denying that but those that leep killing Tebow as someone who cant be an NFL qb seem to cherry pick a few stats instead of using them all. Tebow hasnt been turning it over and has been effective in what this restrictive offense has allowed him to do. Tebow isnt the sole reason the Broncos are winning but he is part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              How about this article?

"I feel sorry for Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil and Broderick Bunkley and Champ Bailey and all the Denver Broncos defensive players.

They're getting Tebow-ed.
                              Another Tebow whiner. Miller, Dumervil, and Bunkley all received highly positive writeups in Yahoo, SI, and and NBC through their profootballtalk website. And that's just what I've read.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Of course the defense has been stellar. No denying that but those that leep killing Tebow as someone who cant be an NFL qb seem to cherry pick a few stats instead of using them all. Tebow hasnt been turning it over and has been effective in what this restrictive offense has allowed him to do. Tebow isnt the sole reason the Broncos are winning but he is part of it.
                                I agree that he's not turning the ball over, which is great (and somewhat remarkable). I'd take him over a turnover machine QB any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X