Clear All

• The first three rounds

Colts:
    1. A.Luck: Obvious because it was right
    34. C.Fleener: Luck will love getting his TE to throw to
    64. D.Allen: Fleener is a big WR playing tight. Allen is an H-back

Rams:
    14. M.Brockers: Only a run stuffer, but a VERY good run stuffer
    33. B.Quick: Raw with upside. This one will be second guessed a lot With Hill and Randle on the board
    39. J.Jenkins: Major off the field issues, top 10 talent
    50. I.Pead: Meh. Talented but there were better prospects
    65. T.Johnson: Nickel back, but probably not a starter

Vikings:
    4. M.Kalil: Getting anything plus Kalil is a good deal
    29. H.Smith: Probably the best SS after Barron. Enough coverage skills to deal with the TE wave we are getting
    66. J.Robinson: Solid CB prospect for the 3rd round.

Browns:
    3. T.Richardson: I would have gone with the CB, but that's me apparently. The best RB prospect of the last decade
    22. B.Weeden: Saw this coming. Maybe a bit high, but only a bit
    37. M.Schwartz: RT or WR? Obviously they wanted a big guy.

Buccaneers:
    7. M.Barron: Nosebleed level for a safety, but we are seeing that more often.
    31. D.Martin: My #2 RB goes 2nd RB taken
    58. L.David: Salt and Pepper, GitH and radical politics. David and Tampa 2. Pairings dont come any better.

Redskins:
    2. R.Griffin III: Can Shannahan deal with a mobile QB. Let me think. Who else has he had?
    71. J.Leribeus: Head scratcher. This way above his perceived level

Jaguars:
    5. J.Blackmon: He'll start and catch balls. With a nervous QB, completions are essential. It reamins to be seen what he does after the catch.
    38. A.Branch: Branch is called a pass rusher. I dont see it
    70. B.Anger: This guy is good. Is he this good?

Dolphins:
    8. R.Tannehill: This will work
    42. J.Martin: This will not hurt. He is not much of a run blocker, but he knows his blind side. Allen may be better suited for RT anyway.
    72. O.Vernon: OK. Explain this one. 10 points to the winner. Anyone?
    78. M.Engew: A throw back. He would have been the 1st TE taken in 1982.

Panthers:
    9. L.Kuechly: The best LB prospect since AJ Hawk
    40. A.Silatolu: My favorite, but the Chiefs passed on him

Bills:
    10. S.Gilmore: This year's version of Alualu. He ought to be as successful.
    41. C.Glenn: 1st round talent, but issue. Likely an OG.
    69. T.J.Graham: Who? Not quite that obscure, but not in most top 150.

Chiefs:
    11. D.Poe: Widely misunderstood. Enormous physical gifts, but also a willing worker. He needs someone that knows how to use what he offers.
    44. J.Allen: Passed on Silatolu for him. That is a lot. Ideal LG. Natural pass blocker and team player.
    74. D.Stephenson: Well regarded pick, though a lot of fans do not know who he is. Pure potential, but its starting LT potential.

Seahawks:
    15. B.Irvin: Talent wise this makes sense. Dont let anyone tell you different.
    47. B.Wagner: The other side of the coin. Gritty coach's player
    74. R.Wilson: Future star. Just watch.

Cardinals:
    13. M.Floyd: Jonathon Baldwin II
    80. J.Fleming: Small but fast. A natural against small slot guys

Cowboys:
    6. M.Claiborne: Best cover CB this year. Cheap at the price.
    81. T.Crawford: They needed another DE.

Eagles:
    12. F.Cox: Good value. He's not a big pass rusher, but he will provide some push.
    46. M.Kendricks: Better value. The Eagles front 7 is looking much improved.
    59. V.Curry: Pure depth. More a 3-4 OLB, and not a pass rusher at that
    88. N.Foles: You pays your pick, you takes your chance

Jets:
    16. Q.Coples: Boom or Bust. #1 overall type talent, dropping to the middle of the round
    43. S.Hill: Needs work, but could be special. Dont compare him to Megatron though. He isnt close to that good.
    77. D.Davis: Undersized, but he can play. Is he a S/LB hybrid?

Raiders:
    95. T.Bergstrom: The Raiders have been drafting OL a lot lately. No further comment on the grounds it may incinerate me.

Chargers:
    18. M.Ingram: Best pure 3-4 OLB in the draft
    49. K.Reyes: In a draft full of 5 techs, he's one of them.
    73. B.Taylor: SS in a FS body.

Bears:
    19. S.McClellin: People say he will be a great pass rusher. I dont see it. He does have good range in run defense.
    45. A.Jeffery: 1st round talent. big riser that did not rise that high.
    79. B.Hardin: FS is a SS body. I prefer the other way around.

Titans:
    20. K.Wright: His speed is only a small part of his appeal.
    52. Z.Brown: Some thought a 1st rounder. I never understood why.
    82. M.Martin: My favorite pick of round 3. Overachiever who finds a way to get things done

Bengals:
    17. D.Kirkpatrick: This is a FS. Watch.
    27. K.Zeitler: ZBS type. He is not nearly what the Steelers got three picks earlier.
    53. D.Still: 4-3 NT. He should anchor the line for years.
    83. M.Sanu: Good value. The Bengals knew they could afford to wait for a WR.
    93. B.Thompson: 4-3 NT. He should anchor the line for years.

Falcons:
    55. P.Konz: Great value. He could have gone in 1st or early 2nd round
    91. L.Holmes: He is big. Whether he can play remains to be seen

Lions:
    23. R.Reiff: He's a RT. he might be able to play LT.
    54. B.Broyles: Will he ever play again?
    85. D.Bentley: There is a ton of these undersized CBs in the middle rounds.

Steelers:
    24. D.DeCastro: Great value.
    56. M.Adams: Good value. Note the distinction.
    86. S.Spence: Very small for a 3-4 OLB. Nickel safety?

Broncos:
    36. D.Wolfe: Rock solid, but little upside.
    57. B.Osweiler: P Manning has 2 option years. They ahve that long to get this pile of raw material ready.
    67. R.Hillman: Darren Sproles lite.

Texans:
    26. W.Mercilus: Over rated across the board IMO
    68. D.Posey: Big possession WR. Sound like anyone else?
    76. B.Brooks: Most years he is the 2nd OG off the board, about pick 40.

Saints:
    89. A.Hicks: Canadian DT. Interesting pick.

Packers:
    28. N.Perry: The best burst pass rusher of the year. Ideal compliment for Matthews. Expect to see a lot of even front nickels.
    51. J.Worthy: Yet another good 5 tech
    62. C.Hayward: Of the many small mid round CB, he is one of the smallest. His slot should tell you a lot about his skills.

Ravens:
    35. C.Upshaw: I dont get this pick. Upshaw is an enforcer for a team over run with enforcers.
    60. K.Osemele: Need more than value, but not bad there.
    84. B.Pierce: 2nd tier speed RB. They hope for Jamaal Charles. I expect more Roy Helu.

49ers:
    30. A.J.Jenkins: A bigger Kendall Wright, without the intangibles.
    61. L.James: See Pierce, B.

Patriots:
    21. C.Jones: A big riser. Not a great pass rusher IMO, but he could be a superior run defender.
    25. D.Hightower: A hitter for the middle.
    48. T.Wilson: high risk pick. S/CB tweener
    90. J.Baquette: He and Jnes are opposite sides of the same coin. Not fluid or even athletic, but a natural pass rusher

Giants:
    32. D.Wilson: Decent value, but a need pick
    63. R.Randle: Better value, but locker room issues
    94. J.Hosley: See above, only much more so.

The whole AFC North did well. San Diego has my second favorite draft. First is the Packers.

My Chiefs went DL, OL, OL. Bulk seems to have been considered an issue. I like the Poe pick. A lot of people raised a flag about his college production and call him a workout wonder. HC Romeo Crennel claims he was their #1 NT before the Combine. Scott Wright, one of the more respected draftnicks, was certainly on board before the Combine. Poe had three different DC, and none of them understood how to use him. However, he showed impressive power and stamina. A little technique could go a long way.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I was very happy with the Packer picks; I'm shocked they were able to get Worthy.

That being said, I think the Bungals had a fantastic draft.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I was very happy with the Packer picks; I'm shocked they were able to get Worthy.

That being said, I think the Bungals had a fantastic draft.
      That whole division did well.
      Browns - RT, Weeden and Schwartz is a nice pick for RT. Day 3 they got a decent WR in Bejamin and two possible LB in Johnson and Acho. Their dicwe roll is Billy Winn, the best defensive player on Boise. Holmgren has run pure timing offenses in the past, and Weeden is ideal in that role.

Bengals - Dre K is a FS, but an extremely good one. Zeitler is a good one. They drafted two big DT, so they can rotate or play the double NT, much like Cleveland. Charles, Iloka, Sanu, the talent just kept coming. As usual, red flags abound. The Bengals have had issues developing players. I do have a nit to pick. The Bengals could have had deCastro. It was worth risking Dre K to take him.

Ravens - I am not an Upshaw fan, but he fits their hyperphysical approach. Osemele and Gradkowsli could be matched OG for a decade. Thompson and Jackson are solid value for the secondary. Pierce is a good 3rd down RB.

Steelers - DeCastro and Adams will start from day 1. They have the size to deal with the huge Ravens DL. Ta'amu was once thought a 1st round player, in round 4 and Spence may start at ILB as a rookie.

Others
      Packers - Perry and Worthy are a great pair. Manning could surprise and work into the LB rotation. Great 7th round.Datko is a typical GB project OL and Coleman is an ideal toolsy project QB.

Chiefs - After three straight linemen, the Chiefs went for speed. In the emerging slot rreceiver era, Devon Wylie is made to order. Menzie looks like a dime safety but ST ace. Gray is a straight line RB with speed. He will need to learn to be more physical, but he has potential as Thomas Jones long term replacement

Chargers - Ingram and Reyes rival Perry and Worthy. Taylor could start at SS eventually, and give immediate ST help. Green is the ideal TE2 and Molk is a steal in round 7

Giants - Wilson, Randle and Hosley add a ton of speed. Mosley is still learning OT, but could start in a year or two.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-29-2012, 10:47 AM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

On Weeden. This was a good pick.

Holmgren has a reputation as a QB guru, but he needs raw material. His roots go back to the Air Coryell days in San Diego, with its three step drops and timing patterns. It is a rhythm system and Weeden is a rhythm QB.

Weeden will start and struggle this year. Calls to replace him will be everywhere. Year two will be the key. If things are going to click at all, there will be games when the Cleveland's passing game dominates, as well as when it looks lost.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Wilson is one of the few times I can recall the Giants making a need pick but it definitely was. I'm still torn on it but I think it could work out. Randle was great value and Hosley was a value because of the off-field stuff. I don't worry about locker room issues though because the Giants have been very good at handling those kinds of things. Now that other NY team... that's a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
            Wilson is one of the few times I can recall the Giants making a need pick but it definitely was. I'm still torn on it but I think it could work out. Randle was great value and Hosley was a value because of the off-field stuff. I don't worry about locker room issues though because the Giants have been very good at handling those kinds of things. Now that other NY team... that's a whole different story.
            I thought the other team caught a plane to Joisey.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
            X