No announcement yet.

Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Bills OLB Robert Eddins was found murdered in Detroit. He was 28. RIP.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Former safety Keion Carpenter, who played 8 years in the NFL for the Falcons and Bills, died of a brain aneurysm at age 39. RIP.

Comment

• Former BYU head coach LaVell Edwards died at age 89. RIP.

Comment

• Dan Rooney dead at age 84.

Comment

• From Steelers water boy as a kid to Steelers president as an adult and U.S. Ambassador to Ireland in his golden years, it was quite a ride for Dan Rooney. RIP Papa Rooney.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former NFL wide receiver Michael Jackson — who played for the Browns and Ravens in the ‘90s — reportedly died in a motorcycle crash that killed a woman Friday morning, in a Louisiana village where he grew up and once served as mayor. He was 48.

His best season was in 1996, when he had 76 catches for 1201 yards and 14 TDs. And who can forget Chris Berman's "whooop!" everytime he did highlights. RIP.

Hall of Fame DB Yale Lary also died today at age 86. RIP.

Comment

• Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy died today at age 48. RIP.

Comment

• Former Bills WR James Hardy was found dead in an Indiana river today. He was 31. RIP.

Comment

• Joe Delaney died trying to save strangers. It was 34 years ago now. Basically, he was the first coming of Jamaal Charles.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Joe Delaney died trying to save strangers. It was 34 years ago now. Basically, he was the first coming of Jamaal Charles.

J
                      His death really affected me as a football crazed child. What a selfless guy. I'm glad people still remember what a hero he is and what he sacrificed. Someone needs to do a 30-for-30 on him to continue to keep his memory alive.

Comment

• Look at the pics at the bottom of the article. He's up there beside Hank Stram (HoF) and Lamar Hunt (HoF) on the locker room wall.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Former Broncos TE Mitchell Henry lost his battle with leukemia at just age 24. RIP.

Comment

• Legendary Notre Dame football coach Ara Parseghian died at age 94.

Former Florida All-American QB John Reaves, who also was a backup QB in the NFL & USFL for 16 seasons, died at age 67.

Comment

• Two more top college coaches gone in the last few days:

Dick McPherson, who was Syracuse's football coach from 1981-1990; and Frank Broyles, the legendary football coach and athletic director at Arkansas from 1952-1983, both died in the last week.

Comment

• Former 'Monday Night Football' producer Don Ohlmeyer died at age 72. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X