No announcement yet.

Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Drozdov, who briefly played DT for the Broncos before becoming a WWE wrestler, died on Friday.

He died due to natural causes, per his family. Drozdov had been a quadriplegic since October of 1999 after he was paralyzed while performing in the ring.

Drozdov was 54 years old. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Homer Jones, a WR for the Giants and Browns who had 3 consecutive 1,000 yd seasons from 1966-68, is still the NFL's all-time leader in YPC with 22.3, and is widely credited with inventing the spike, died on June 14th at age 82. RIP.

Comment

• Former Cardinals HC Vince Tobin died at age 79. RIP.

Comment

• Sean Dawkins, a WR who was the Colts 1st rd pick in 1993 and had a productive 9-year career, died at age 52. RIP.

Johnie Cooks, the 2nd overall pick in the 1982 draft who played LB for the Colts, Giants & Browns, died on July 6th at age 64. RIP.

Johnny Lujack, the 1947 Heisman Trophy winner who played 4 years in the NFL, died on July 25th at age 98. RIP.

Comment

• Alex Collins, a RB for the Seahawks and Ravens from 2016-2021 and was currently with the USFL's Memphis Showboats, was killed in a motorcycle accident at the age of 28. His best season was in 2017, when he rushed for 973 yards with 6 TDs for the Ravens. RIP.

Comment

• Gil Brandt, longtime exec for the Cowboys who was elected to the Pro Football HOF in 2019, died at age 91. RIP.

Comment

• Mike Williams, former Buccaneers and Bills wide receiver, died Tuesday morning after he was taken off life support at a Tampa, Florida, hospital following a construction accident. Williams was 36 years old. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Russ Francis, a Pro Bowl tight end for the Pats & Niners from 1975 to 1988, died in a private plane crash at age 70. RIP.

image.png

Comment

• Dick Butkus, one of the all-time greatest linebackers in NFL history, died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

• Remembering the life and legacy of Hall of Famer Dick Butkus:​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Walt Garrison, a RB for the Cowboys from 1966-1974 who may have been better known as the longtime spokesman for Skoal, died at age 79. RIP.

Comment

• D.J. Hayden​, former Raiders cornerback who was a first-round pick in the 2013 draft, was reportedly killed in a horrific two vehicle crash in Houston that claimed six lives.​ He also played for the Lions Jaguars, and Redskins. D.J. Hayden was 33. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Devon Wylie, former wide receiver who played for the Chiefs and Titans, has died at age 35. RIP.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Harald Hasselbach former Broncos defensive lineman who played on two Super Bowl winning teams, has died after a battle with cancer. He was 56 years old. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Frank Wycheck, former Redskins, Oilers, and Titans tight end, has died at age 52. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X