X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton to Denver per Mortensen

poor Tebow

Comment

and looks like SF screwed the pooch too -- Alex Smith appears likely to sign with Miami.

Comment

Love it. They should make Tebow a running back.

Comment

I'm not sure why, but this one blind-sided me (from where my expectations were at post-season's beginning). Good for Broncos fans, though. Denver becomes an immediate AFC title contender.

Meanwhile, in Miami, Dan Marino is warming up on the sidelines.

Comment

I love the fact Manning will be in the AFC West. It'll make for great games vs Rivers next season. Gotta play the best to be the best!
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Heh. Tebow Nation is having a full-bore kicking, screaming tantrum this morning. They want John Elway's scalp! Lotsa great "Elway = Judas" comments on the local discussion boards and radio shows this morning...
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                Heh. Tebow Nation is having a full-bore kicking, screaming tantrum this morning. They want John Elway's scalp! Lotsa great "Elway = Judas" comments on the local discussion boards and radio shows this morning...
                Wouldn't Elway be Pontius Pilate?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Wouldn't Elway be Pontius Pilate?
                  That's Pat Bowlen, I'm sure.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

High-risk/high-reward. I do think this could go very wrong for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                      High-risk/high-reward. I do think this could go very wrong for the Broncos.
                      Really? Curious as to why you say that. Other than the injury risk, what could go wrong with adding one of the greatest QB's in NFL history to an already pretty good team?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

That injury risk is in the stratosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          A guy coming off a zillion neck surgeries making a zillion and a half bucks is pretty high risk, no? A guy like that who happens to be Peyton Manning is also extremely high reward, of course.
                          Honestly, the sport is so violent that every player in the NFL is one play away from ending his career. I don't see Manning as anything different at this point. Watching from the sidelines, it's amazing that anyone comes out of there with all parts intact.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Other than the injury risk
                            But the injury risk can't be ignored here. It's extreme, in terms of the fact that one bad hit could end his career (which you could say for every player, to some extent, but it's exaggerated considerably here), combined with the fact that no one knows for sure if he's 100% back. There's no denying the upside, but the downside has to be acknowledged, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Honestly, the sport is so violent that every player in the NFL is one play away from ending his career. I don't see Manning as anything different at this point. Watching from the sidelines, it's amazing that anyone comes out of there with all parts intact.
                              Yes and no. There's a lot more that'll take Manning down; shoot he could be a routine face mask penalty away from another neck surgery.

It's still a good move for the Broncos, though. Much as I admire Tebow's drive to improve, if I could get Peyton Manning on this Denver team, I'd get him.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X