Super Bowl musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Really short-sighted of all those who felt Bradshaw should have fell at the 1 yard line. Field Goals aren't automatic.
    You're right, they're not, and I would've also taken the TD. But according to Deadspin, the actual win probability if the Giants held the ball and kicked the FG was 98%. Badshaw's TD with 1 minute left actually lowered the win probability to 88%, so running down the clock and attempting a FG would have improved the odds.

Of course, win probability doesn't take into account Tom Brady, or kicking a heart-stopping FG to win a Super Bowl with no time left.

Comment

As great as Brady is, chance he scores a TD going 80 yards in less than a minute is 12 pct? That seems a little high, especially after only scoring 17 in the first 59 minutes.

The key was that the TD put the Giants up by more than 3 points. That's not being credited enough by some, I think.
      I'd certainly sit on it with a 1-pt lead (you're already winning), but not a 2-pt deficit.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        As great as Brady is, chance he scores a TD going 80 yards in less than a minute is 12 pct? That seems a little high, especially after only scoring 17 in the first 59 minutes.
        Sounds about right given how often teams fail to play the prevent defense properly.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Are there more annoying fans than in Boston? I hope their city goes at least a decade before winning another championship.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Are there more annoying fans than in Boston? I hope their city goes at least a decade before winning another championship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-shut-up.html
            I hope we win some more this year. Don't be jealous.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
              I hope we win some more this year. Don't be jealous.
              Exactly.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Rob Gronkowski, your team just got its ass kicked in the Super Bowl. What are you going do?

I'm going to dance my ass off!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8mAXFtEVDd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Rob Gronkowski, your team just got its ass kicked in the Super Bowl. What are you going do?

I'm going to dance my ass off!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8mAXFtEVDd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  That guy is not the brightest bulb for sure. What's more odd to me is Matt Light being there.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I don't have a problem with other guys going out to a party but, according to some, the only reason the Pats lost was because of Gronk's injury and here he is a few hours later out dancing on it? "Not the brightest bulb" hit it pretty good.

Comment

I linked that article earlier b/c I didn't realize the Butterfingers were sent courtesy of a douchey Giants fan (guess I should have known).

After the Super Bowl, Wes Welker could have sneaked out a side door, like some of his teammates did. He showed his class, and how big a man he is, by facing the media and acknowledging ...
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                      X