Peyton Manning's career...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning's career...

R.I.P. It looks like Rob Lowe of all people was right.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

all of this is just speculation. It makes sense, given his age/health, for him to hang it up and possibly become a HC somewhere. Heck, the Colts should have offered him their HC job!

Comment

I think it's a little more than speculation Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          I think it's a little more than speculation Ed.
          Here's the latest news on Peyton, right from the horse's mouth:

In a Tuesday interview with ESPN's Trey Wingo, Peyton Manning (neck surgeries) insisted that he expects to receive medical clearance to play the 2012 season.
          Despite heavy speculation Monday that multiple surgeries will end Manning's career, he maintains that he's still making steady progress in rebuilding strength. "Doctors and I have been in good, constant communication," said Manning. "And I'm very encouraged by what they've said. Everything's right on point that I'll be cleared and ready to play." Of the retirement reports, Manning said, "I have no plans on doing that." ESPN's Adam Schefter expects Manning to become "the most decorated and high-profile free agent in NFL history." His $28 million option will likely be declined well before the March 8 deadline.

This doesn't sound like someone ready to ride off in the sunset.

Adam Schefter said on ESPN today that he fully expects Manning to play in '12 and that the Cardinals have already done their due diligence and will be in on him once he's released.

Comment

The question is not clearance, it is ability. If he can no long make the throws, he can no longer play the position.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              The question is not clearance, it is ability. If he can no long make the throws, he can no longer play the position.

J
              Tim Tebow can't throw!

Comment

News: CBSSports.com NFL Insider Mike Freeman reports that if the Colts allow QB Peyton Manning to become a free agent this offseason he will sign with the Redskins. Said Freeman: "Everyone I speak to in the NFL -- and I mean just about everyone -- believes if Manning becomes a free agent, the Washington Redskins will sign him." Manning is trying to return after sitting out this season following neck surgery. He is expected to meet with Colts owner Jim Irsay soon to begin discussions on his future in Indianapolis, but Manning might not return to the Colts in 2012. If he does become a free agent, look for the Dolphins and Cardinals to also become potential suitors along with the Redskins.
                Analysis: If Manning is 100 percent there will be more interest from other teams, but the Redskins will definitely be among the top suitors as Freeman suggests. The Colts also will have to decide on letting Manning walk, especially with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft and Andrew Luck the expected selection. But the biggest thing we need to see from Manning is him on the field throwing passes and finding out where he's going to play in 2012. If healthy, Manning will remain a No. 1 Fantasy QB no matter where he plays, but he has to prove that his neck is 100 percent. Continue to monitor what happens with Manning, and hopefully he can resume his career without any problems.

Comment

If he wants to win he better steer clear of DC. With him there they will win 8 or 9 next year, maybe make the playoffs and exit early. Not much talent on offense and Danny, I mean the front office, will screw up the draft. Again. If all he wants is $$ then DC is the place to go as Snyder will throw the cash.

Comment

I thought the Redskins had a good draft last year, no?

In Week 1, they beat the Giants 28-14, no scoring in the last 11 minutes. not a close game.
                    In Week 15, they beat the Giants, 23-10, Giants' only TD came with 3:30 left. total blowout.

This is the NFL, where the difference between Super Bowl champs and the No. 6 pick in the draft is... not a lot.

I don't think the Dolphins are far off from being very good next year, either, if they had Peyton.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Their drafts under Allen/Shanahan have been much better than they were under Cerrato, but they still have a long way to go. QB is the biggest piece, though.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Today I heard that Seattle is in the mix, which makes much more sense than most. An offense that needs a QB and little else, a defense that's fast rising, and a division that they can take with a real QB at the helm.

Yes, I believe that they could take the Niners with a healthy Payton out there....
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

then there's this, but there is 6 months to go:

People who have seen Peyton Manning throw since the end of the regular season have told the Indianapolis Star's Bob Kravitz that he doesn't yet look like an NFL quarterback.

Kravitz actually used the phrase "noodle arm" at one point. "But that doesn't mean he never will [have the arm strength] ... or that he won't in a couple of months," Kravitz adds. "This thing is going to take time." It's an interesting report, but it doesn't add much to the narrative. We knew Manning's neck was structurally sound enough to take a hit, but that he still needs to build strength in his triceps. NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora suspects Manning won't gain enough arm strength to sign until after draft plans are made, leaving the Seahawks and Cardinals as favorites to land him. "I don't see [agent] Tom Condon putting Peyton Manning in Washington," added LaCanfora. "There's just not talent there."

Related: Cardinals, Seahawks, Redskins

Source: Tony Kornheiser Podcast Feb 8 - 3:27 PM

Comment

Right, it's not like the Redskins beat the Seahawks and Cardinals this season - wait, they did. huh.

I think any of Redskins, Dolphins (who DID beat the Redskins this year), Cardinals, or Seahawks are not that far away.

But if the Redskins aren't in the class of the Seahawks and Cardinals but still beat them, AND they thumped the Giants twice - then Shanahan is either the best or worst coach in the league. They went 6-10 with no talent.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Shanahan is definately the worst coach in the league.
                              Fixed. Was listening to something today (Mike & Mike?) and they were talking about Chris Weinke and that he had the same deal as Peyton and came back with more arm strength than before. Weinke has been talking to Peyton about this injury.

If I am running the Skins and I really like one the QBs this year I still move up and take one and let Peyton go somewhere else. If they can't get Luck and don't feel RGIII is worth the price then getting Peyton and hoping to get a play maker at #6 won't be too bad a plan. I just don't see them becoming contenders for another year or two even if they do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X