Divisional weekend musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divisional weekend musings...

Looks like the weekend of the defensive teams with the top ranked O's getting bounced.

I think most, including myself, have been putting Eli in Peyton's shadow since day one but I think that may need some re-assessing.

Harbaugh-Harbaugh Super Bowl is still alive.

Chock up another player (Alex Smith) having a career year in a contract year.

Wonder how the Saints feel now, all they had to do was beat the Niners and they would now be hosting the NFC Championship game.

I can't recall a year where I have seen more blown/missed calls than this season (see the Greg Jennings fumble and the Aaron Rodgers phantom blow to the head).

Houston played better than I expected.

I don't care what anyone says but Joe Flacco is a glorified Trent Dilfer.

In hindsight, the Hail Mary Hakeem Nicks TD was the nail in the coffin for Green Bay.

Houston's punt returner Jacoby Jones is bone-head of the week for fielding that punt.

Dome playoff teams on the road...yet to win a game.

What's the deal with TE Vernon Davis crying ?

I'll take the Niners and Ravens next week.

I thought that the Pack could have survived the Hail Mary until the Usi strip of Rodgers where they showed that Rodgers had a receiver open for a td. Huge swing there.

Unfortunate how the Packers had the huge emotional baggage of their OC's son's death this past week. I think that had something to do with them looking a bit off.

Saints keep losing on the road in the playoffs. They pretend that they're not a different team outside, but they are.

When I saw Vernon Davis crying, I wondered if he realized that there were still two more rounds to go.

I second your 49ers-Ravens Super Bowl prediction.

Comment

Obviously, as a Giants fan, I'm stunned. We were playing very well leading up to the game and I figured we had a shot to keep it competitive, but the Giants dominated the Packers from the opening drive.

Just a month ago, Tom Coughlin was nearly packing his bags. Now he's on the verge of his second SB trip in five years.

It's strange to think of the Giants passing attack as being "electric," as this is a franchise where you can count the number of Pro Bowl receivers on one hand, but it's pretty clearly the greatest group in Giants history.

Eli is not only the best QB in Giants history, but he's starting to climb the ladder in NFL history. That's still pretty stunning when you think about it.

I'm shocked at how mistake-prone the Saints and Packers were. The Saints had six fumbles all season long, then had five in their two playoff games.

Quote 1:
      Originally posted by revo, 10/31/11
      Everyone says Green Bay, but quite frankly, the best team in football is San Francisco: 7th in team offense and 1st in team defense.
      Quote 2:
      Originally posted by revo, 11/7/11
      say what you want about the Packers offense, but it will be their strikingly-poor defense that will be their undoing.
      :mistert:

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wal
        lWhat's the deal with TE Vernon Davis crying ?
        Next to Alex Smith, no one on this team has gotten more flack from, coaches, media, and fans than Vernon. He's been lampooned since day one and deservedly so. But I've been watching the 49ers since I was eight years old and since that time there are plenty of favorite players I could choose from, but Vernon is probably top three.

There reason is because of his growth as a person and as a player. This was the guy, who when he was drafted acted every bit like a diva. Mike Singletary even kicked him off the field. Since that time, he's taken pride in being possibly the best pound-for-pound blocker in the NFL. He absolutely mauls and drives his man of the line. Watching him grow from a diva to an impassioned, mature leader on this team has been a personal joy to watch.

Originally posted by willthethrill
        When I saw Vernon Davis crying, I wondered if he realized that there were still two more rounds to go.
        Yup. He said so as much during the post-game locker room speech. As the team was celebrating, he loudly reminded him that there was one more round to go.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
          I can't recall a year where I have seen more blown/missed calls than this season (see the Greg Jennings fumble and the Aaron Rodgers phantom blow to the head).
          As the lockout was a big culprit for the sloppy play we saw so much of this year (especially on defense), I wonder if it also had to do with the refs being off their game. There are egregious blown calls every year, and the subjective nature of the "protect the heads of QB/receivers" rules don't help, but this year was particularly bad.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            It's strange to think of the Giants passing attack as being "electric," as this is a franchise where you can count the number of Pro Bowl receivers on one hand, but it's pretty clearly the greatest group in Giants history.

Eli is not only the best QB in Giants history, but he's starting to climb the ladder in NFL history. That's still pretty stunning when you think about it.

I'm shocked at how mistake-prone the Saints and Packers were. The Saints had six fumbles all season long, then had five in their two playoff games.
            Agreed, I can't think of a time when the Giants had two legit 1,000 yard receivers plus Manningham.

Depending on what happens with Peyton going forward, Eli is fast closing the gap and moving up the ladder.

Turnovers killed the Saints and dropped passes killed the Pack.

Comment

Turnovers killed the Saints and dropped passes, fumbles, and shoddy tackling killed the Pack.
              Fixed. Man, we sucked.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Turnovers killed the Saints and dropped passes killed the Pack.
                It was more than just dropped passes. Rodgers was off the mark on a lot of his throws.

Comment

In hindsight, the Hail Mary Hakeem Nicks TD was the nail in the coffin for Green Bay.
                  One of the few things I've called this season (2-6 on games thus far).
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                    Saints keep losing on the road in the playoffs. They pretend that they're not a different team outside, but they are.
                    Unless I missed something, I thought that Super Bowl XLIV was played outdoors.
                    "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Working...
                    X