Fantasy Football Fest - Atlantic City - Aug 18 & 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Fest - Atlantic City - Aug 18 & 19

Hey, folks....RotoExperts is helping to sponsor a Fantasy Football Fest in Atlantic City this August.

Here is the intro from the press release:

(NORWALK, Conn Jan. 13) - - ReedPOP, the boutique pop culture focused division of Reed Exhibitions, is launching Fantasy Football Fest, August 18-19, 2012 at the Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ. Taking the virtual Fantasy Football fan experience to the gridiron, the Fantasy Football Fest will provide a unique in-person experience by catering to the passion and devotion of millions of fantasy football and general football fans. In 2010 alone, fantasy players spent in excess of $1B pursuing their passion for the game through millions of leagues all over the world.

I'm planning on coming out for it to represent RotoExperts.

So, please if you can make it, I'd love to see of all of East Coast Junkie buddies.

More info will follow....I posted this in The Sports Bar as well.

why are they holding it smack in the middle of Fantasy Football draft season??

Comment

Isn't that the point?

Not that I play fantasy football, but I imagine leagues would either travel to hold drafts there in between debaucheries, or load up on info for their upcoming draft in between....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Isn't that the point?

Not that I play fantasy football, but I imagine leagues would either travel to hold drafts there in between debaucheries, or load up on info for their upcoming draft in between....
        Heck no.

I'd gather most fantasy football leagues entered the 21st century and hold their draft over the web, and that weekend is prime FF draft time. The LAST thing a league wants is some schmo traveling and saying they can't draft that weekend.

Baseball gets this, as the Shandler-led forums are well before prime draft season.

Comment

No football league i am in will be drafting that early.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yeah, all of my drafts are usually the weekend before the Opening Night of the season or the the Sunday before that.

Comment

I have one league that drafts around then, but most money-league drafts are held the last weekend of August or later. It's not a conflict for 95% of serious leagues.

Some drafts for Yahoo and ESPN free leagues are held in mid-August, but people who would go to this expo probably don't care much about those.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Well, I just got bad news...my wife informed me tonight the weekend of Aug 18 & 19 we will be moving my middle daughter to Nashville to go to college.

ugh!

Comment

Is that really bad news?

#justsayin
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

No, it's not....:sigh:....:kicks dirt:....I just wanted to attend the FF Fest in A/C....dang it!

Comment

Great news! My daughter was accepted into Belmont University in Nashville!

Good news....she may move in a day early because she's a freshmen, so I am going to the Fantasy Football Fest.

I'll definitely be there on Sunday....and maybe Saturday as well.

Please try to attend on Sunday if you can and say hi!

Comment

what are they charging? Do you need tickets in advance?

I am pretty sure I can make it. I will try to drag Revo with me.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Once a year in Atlantic City is enough for me and I already have to work AC Beer Fest (March 30/31), so I'm out. Besides, what would one do at a fantasy football fest? (I mean, besides hang out and talk football with you, Bob.) I imagine there will be WAAAAY too many Jets fans for my liking.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            what are they charging? Do you need tickets in advance?

I am pretty sure I can make it. I will try to drag Revo with me.
                            I checked the website (www.fantasyfootballfest.com) and there's nothing there yet.

Once I hear something I'll let everyone know.

I'd love to meet up with you guys!

Thanks Hammer!

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              Once a year in Atlantic City is enough for me and I already have to work AC Beer Fest (March 30/31), so I'm out. Besides, what would one do at a fantasy football fest? (I mean, besides hang out and talk football with you, Bob.) I imagine there will be WAAAAY too many Jets fans for my liking.
                              South Jersey - there'll probably be more Eagles fans than anything. I'd rather take my chances with the Jets fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X