X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Steelers secondary is awful...
    Especially Ike Taylor.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      When he plays he's an All-Pro.
      Sure...and when he pitched, Mark Prior was a Cy Young candidate.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Tebow threw for 3:16 yards today.

really, if you take away the biblical colon.

If Tebow worked hard enough in the offseason to learn from his mistakes.... wait, he WILL do that.

Still love the story, still admit he's got so much work to do. But I'm going to enjoy the ride. That winning pass didn't suck at all.
        but the playcall of 8 in the box by LeBeau sure did. Ike Taylor should never, ever, be left on an island to cover someone

Comment

lead minister at our church

OK - I do not believe that God is up there taking part in sporting events, but you have to believe that He is using Tim Tebow in ways that far exceed even the human imagination. To God be the glory....which is pretty much the way Tebow wants it.
          I'm not tebowing, I'm facepalming...

Comment

Comment

I love it that nearly every media outlet is saying "Tebow threw an 80-yard pass...." etc. when describing the outcome, as if it wasn't Demaryius Thomas who was the main factor on that play.

Thomas is a beast. Tebow's heroics notwithstanding, I wonder how he would perform over the course of a 16-game season with a real QB. He has the talent to be Top 10, that's for sure.

Comment

"I love it that nearly every media outlet is saying "Tebow threw an 80-yard pass...." etc. when describing the outcome, as if it wasn't Demaryius Thomas who was the main factor on that play."

First, that was an absolute bullet of 15-20 yards, great toss on a slant to a speed guy with an open field ahead.
                Second, if I had to guess which QB received the most after-the-catch yardage in the NFL this year, I'd guess Eli.

I didn't see the Victor Cruz 99-yard TD catch recently.
                Did Cruz catch it in the end zone?

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Did your minister convert to Islam when Muhammad Ali was heavyweight champion? Unreal...
                  No, because Allah was working thru Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    I didn't see the Victor Cruz 99-yard TD catch recently.
                    Did Cruz catch it in the end zone?

And were we really crediting Manning with that play -- or any other deep TD pass that Cruz made this year? Or were they WR created? C'mon, JJ.

It was a great pass by Tebow, but let's not kid ourselves -- Thomas won that game. Tebow played great all day, but Thomas was the man yesterday.

And not to disparage Tebow, when I said "real QB" I meant a guy who throws the ball 25-35 times a game.

Comment

I had to laugh when the announcers said Thomas was from Central Florida....I got 5 texts from friends saying "One of your guys did it!!" -- yea, except he went to Georgia Tech

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        And were we really crediting Manning with that play -- or any other deep TD pass that Cruz made this year? Or were they WR created?
                        At least two of the ones vs. the Eagles were DB-created.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

the Denver-Pittsburgh national TV ratings were the highest for a Wild Card game since 1988.

Comment

Tebow Nation + Steeler Nation = ratings bonanza
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The over/under on the number of times Tebow's name is used by the media as if he single handily carried the Broncos to victory is 1,000,000. I'll take the over.

Comment

Working...
                              X