Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Not a chance, my friend.
    Well going with a QB in the first round took me to back-to-back titles. So I'm gonna stick with my strategy if you don't mind. :-)

Comment

Unless you have an unusual format, the premium on good RBs means you should take Foster, Rice or McCoy first. You can make a very good argument for Calvin at #4, though.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        He'll probably average #4, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a consensus top 3 pick. Obviously, he doesn't run the ball, so while almost 1700 yards is phenomenal, he's still short of the top 3 (Foster, Rice, McCoy) in total yards.

Not a chance, my friend.
        Yeah, Rogers isn't in the conversation for me when there are that many QB's who've gone nuts this season. Stafford had over 5000 yards and 40 TD's, and doesn't get a sniff in MVP voting...that kind of thing is crazy.

The thing that makes me like Megatron is since Schwarz said that we have to get him the ball, even if we have to force it, he's been a total monster. And the thing is that the offense is only going to get better next season...it could be frightening to see them in action.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

As for Rodgers, there's no value to be gained from using a high first round pick on him when you can get Brady or Brees half a round to a round later and expect similar stats. Or wait for Newton or Stafford slightly longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Unless you have an unusual format, the premium on good RBs means you should take Foster, Rice or McCoy first. You can make a very good argument for Calvin at #4, though.
            Somewhat standard format. 1 pt. per passing yard and 5 pt.s per passing TD. But I guess you're right about the value of Brady and Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              That can't be right....QBs are putting up 300-400 points a game for you?
              Durr ... my mistake. I meant one point per 20 yards of passing.

Comment

Yeah, Rodgers is valuable in that format, but not so valuable that he's worth a very high pick far ahead of Brady and Brees.

There's a good case to be made for grabbing your QB in the 2nd, whoever you can get of Rodgers/Brady/Brees/Newton/Stafford.

Comment

I think we learned that marvin Lewis is one of the worst game coaches in the league yesterday. Poor use of challenges, iffy play-calling.

Comment

Wow, Eli intentional grounding for a safety.

Weird but true: Eli is 0-2 in home playoff games in his career, 0 TD, 5 INT, 38.1 QB rating (which is dropping after 17 minutes of this game so far).
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Defenses totally outplaying offenses so far, which is not what I was expecting.

Comment

.. and there's Eli's first home playoff TD pass.

Giants, who are awful in short yardage, go nowhere on 3rd and 1 at the 5, went for it again with Jacobs - who is hit behind the line but spins for a 1st down.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Bye bye birdies.

The NFC games next week have an epic feel to them. Two 13-3 teams facing off. On the otherside of the bracket we have the two of the oldest franchises in football.

Comment

Eli is a stud.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Eli looking like a big timer today...he's carving them up. Nice game plan by the Giants as well...and WTF did they put in Jacobs per-game meal today? It may be the 1st time that I've actually seen him run with the power that he should generate all the time...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Wow, is Mike Smith always this dumb? Just dreadful.

That Eli 3rd TD might have been his best throw of the season, just perfect.

Giants have a puncher's chance in Green Bay, though they also might get smoked. But unpredictability makes for good anticipation.
                                Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-08-2012, 04:12 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X