Week 17 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 17 musings...

If this season was any evidence, the NFL needs to do something to help the defenses.

With QB Matt Flynn, a free agent, I wonder who he will go to this off-season. Talk about opportune timing to have a monster game.

Was cool that of the 16 games yesterday, 13 had playoff implications.

No Washington coach, has had a winning record since Daniel Snyder took over.

While Romo didn't lose the game, he certainly didn't win it either. At this point its safe to say, he will never be considered " elite ".

Larry Fitzgerald is still a beast, makes you wonder how good he good be, if the Cards had a legit QB.

Speaking of QB labels, Mark Sanchez is fast earning the journeyman label.

Carolina and New England have the two worst defenses on the league without question.

If you are Philly, what do you do this off-season ?

Congrats on a very solid career, Jason Taylor. You'll likely be in the HOF, sooner rather than later.

Only highlight of the Minnesota season, the play of Jared Allen.

I wonder how Carson Palmer feels, with Cincy in the playoffs.

Scarey to see Brian Urlacher injured late in that Minnesota game.

Week 1 playoff picks:

Cincy (don't trust Houston)
    New Orleans (Detroit needs a miracle to stop Brees)
    Giants (don't trust Atlanta on the road)
    Pittsburgh (next to New England, Denver is the softest team in the playoffs)

What a season for undrafted free agent Victor Cruz. From 0 catches in his career to 1,536 yards. Has there ever been a bigger out of nowhere breakout?

If this was the year of the QB, someone forgot to tell that to the 15 or so shlubs who claim to be QBs.

Jimmy Graham broke the 30-year old single-season receiving record for TEs, then held it for all of two hours before Rob Gronkowski broke it.

Let the Andrew Luck - Peyton Manning war of words begin!

Romeo Crennel did more in two games than Todd Haley did all season. He deserves to return to the permanent HC ranks.

I'd hate to be in John Elway's shoes about now.

Comment

Speaking of QB labels, Mark Sanchez is fast earning the journeyman label.
      He's fast earning the "bust" label.

If you are Philly, what do you do this off-season?
      Bring back Reid, see if Spags will come to take over the D and Castillo will accept a demotion (with "assistant head coach" title to lessen the blow), trade Samuel, work out a deal with DJax (which might not cost as much as it would have at this time last year), look to make vast improvements at linebacker and safety. No more devaluing of linebackers for draft and payroll purposes. You could get away with that in Jim Johnson's system, but not in the system they're running now.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Pittsburgh (next to New England, Denver is the softest team in the playoffs)
        Denver does not have a softness problem, they have a talent at QB problem. They will be lucky to score more than 10 vs. Pittsburgh.

But the AFC looks as weak as I can remember since the mid '90s. NE has no defense, Denver has no offense, Pittsburgh and Houston have massive injury issues, and Cincy is a mediocre team that beat up on weak ones and backed into the playoffs. Only Baltimore resembles anything close to a complete team, and they have Joe Flacco at QB, who is not all that trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Denver does not have a softness problem, they have a talent at QB problem. They will be lucky to score more than 10 vs. Pittsburgh.

But the AFC looks as weak as I can remember since the mid '90s. NE has no defense, Denver has no offense, Pittsburgh and Houston have massive injury issues, and Cincy is a mediocre team that beat up on weak ones and backed into the playoffs. Only Baltimore resembles anything close to a complete team, and they have Joe Flacco at QB, who is not all that trustworthy.
          Agree with this. Green Bay or New Orleans will lift the Lombardi trophy this year.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Victor Cruz = 5 TDs of 65 yards or more in 2011.

Entire NYJ offense = 3 PLAYS of 40 yards or more in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
              With QB Matt Flynn, a free agent, I wonder who he will go to this off-season. Talk about opportune timing to have a monster game.

Larry Fitzgerald is still a beast, makes you wonder how good he good be, if the Cards had a legit QB.
              I do believe these two things might just go together.

Carolina and New England have the two worst defenses on the league without question.
              Green Bay isn't far ahead.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If we're talking superlatively bad defenses, Tampa has to be in the equation.

Comment

Working...
                X