Pro Bowl Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Bowl Selections

- Greg Jennings over Victor Cruz is a crime.
    - Marshawn Lynch should have secured a spot, probably over Frank Gore.
    - Matt Stafford was also deserving, and probably should have gotten in over Eli
    - Philip Rivers and his 19 picks?? Where have all the good AFC QBs gone?
    - if you're not gonna put Darren Sproles in at RB, at least put him in as a special teamer
    - the whole NFC LB corps could've come from SF and it would've been legit. Aldon Smith and Novorro Bowman both are deserving. Probably the best LB corps since New Orleans in the early 1990s.
    - what does Ray Lewis still do to deserve a Pro Bowl bid? He's the Derek Jeter of the NFL
    - wow, 3/5ths of New Orleans OL are Pro Bowlers. Unreal.

Means pretty much nothing, half the guys selected don't play anyway, so most of the guys who should have been picked eventually do get to go.

Lynch and Cruz didn't make waves until the second half of the season, by which time a lot of folks had already voted or made up their minds. Voting ends after Week 13, IIRC.

They got it right with the Eagles (McCoy, Peters, Babin), that's all I know.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Means pretty much nothing, half the guys selected don't play anyway, so most of the guys who should have been picked eventually do get to go.

Lynch and Cruz didn't make waves until the second half of the season, by which time a lot of folks had already voted or made up their minds. Voting ends after Week 13, IIRC.

They got it right with the Eagles (McCoy, Peters, Babin), that's all I know.
      Fan votes make up only 1/3 of the votes -- coaches get 1/3, and the players get the final 1/3.

And with the game being held the week before the Super Bowl, there's likely going to be 5-8 spots on either league's roster to fill.

Comment

The NFC DL is the most mystifying to me. I'd rather have a DL of Peppers, Suh, Mebane, and Long as a set than the four starters listed. And I only saw Avril twice this year, but he was a one-man wrecking crew both times, too.

I realize sacks are a big stat, but c'mon. With coaches and players getting 2/3rds of the vote, how does Jared Allen get chosen over Julius Peppers? Yeesh.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          The NFC DL is the most mystifying to me. I'd rather have a DL of Peppers, Suh, Mebane, and Long as a set than the four starters listed. And I only saw Avril twice this year, but he was a one-man wrecking crew both times, too.

I realize sacks are a big stat, but c'mon. With coaches and players getting 2/3rds of the vote, how does Jared Allen get chosen over Julius Peppers? Yeesh.
          Allen had an incredible year, especially considering that he was doubled on every play, and ofttimes chipped by the back as well. He never quit, and he played the run better than he ever has. Allen could have easily phoned it in, but he continued to play like a beast all year long.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Fan votes make up only 1/3 of the votes -- coaches get 1/3, and the players get the final 1/3.
            They're not really any more informed. They're focused on their own games from week to week. Reputation and popularity were the main criteria long before fans had part of the vote.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

With the loss of Ray Edwards to the Falcons, Allen was the lone player who did much of anything on a consistent basis on the Minny D, the fact he is near the top of the league in sacks speaks volumes.

Comment

Agreed, Avril was one of the better DL this year.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  - Greg Jennings over Victor Cruz is a crime.
                  - Marshawn Lynch should have secured a spot, probably over Frank Gore.
                  - Matt Stafford was also deserving, and probably should have gotten in over Eli
                  - Philip Rivers and his 19 picks?? Where have all the good AFC QBs gone?
                  - if you're not gonna put Darren Sproles in at RB, at least put him in as a special teamer
                  - the whole NFC LB corps could've come from SF and it would've been legit. Aldon Smith and Novorro Bowman both are deserving. Probably the best LB corps since New Orleans in the early 1990s.
                  - what does Ray Lewis still do to deserve a Pro Bowl bid? He's the Derek Jeter of the NFL
                  - wow, 3/5ths of New Orleans OL are Pro Bowlers. Unreal.
                  Greg Jennings didn't belong neither does Ray Lewis.
                  Navarro Bowman was better than Patrick Willis this year.
                  Agreed, that Lynch deserved to be on the team.
                  London Fletcher is criminally underrated.
                  Agreed, that Philip Rivers making the Pro Bowl is crazy.
                  Gates isn't deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                    With the loss of Ray Edwards to the Falcons, Allen was the lone player who did much of anything on a consistent basis on the Minny D, the fact he is near the top of the league in sacks speaks volumes.
                    Both what you and Horns have said is true, but Peppers faces the same blocking schemes, contributes on special teams and is stronger against the run. Allen's not a dog or anything, but I do think Peppers is better. All in all, he's certainly had a very good year.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X