ADP has both torn ACL and MCL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADP has both torn ACL and MCL...

If it weren't for bad luck...they screw up a chance for the franchise QB, set up a QB controversy, and perhaps, now lose their best player for the 2012 season as well.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Wow, he's likely to miss a significant portion of the 2K12 season. Tough luck for Minny fans.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      they screw up a chance for the franchise QB
      Not a fan of Ponder or just a big fan of Luck?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
        Not a fan of Ponder or just a big fan of Luck?
        Both...Ponder, IMO, is nothing more than a caretaker QB. He was supposed to be the most NFL ready QB coming out of college, not the most talented. Now it shows that he regressing as the season goes along, and the coach is sliding his support to Webb, where it should have been all along. I hope that they actually give Webb a fair chance to compete in the off-season, but I suspect that upper management is going to push Ponder hard in order to show that they didn't make a mistake in drafting him.

The biggest problem now is that they may actually add a THIRD QB to the equation if Griffin III comes out. Hopefully, Kalil falls to the 3rd pick, or else they should take the WR Blackmon, another area of great need.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The biggest problem now is that they may actually add a THIRD QB to the equation if Griffin III comes out. Hopefully, Kalil falls to the 3rd pick, or else they should take the WR Blackmon, another area of great need.
          Has a team ever taken QBs in the first round in back to back years? The Panthers came close with a 2nd rounder on Clausen followed by the #1 overall on Newton, but not sure if the 1-1 double has ever been done before. I don't think anyone questions them taking Newton, but I can't fathom the fallout from a Top 12 Qb pick being permanently replaced after just one season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Has a team ever taken QBs in the first round in back to back years? The Panthers came close with a 2nd rounder on Clausen followed by the #1 overall on Newton, but not sure if the 1-1 double has ever been done before. I don't think anyone questions them taking Newton, but I can't fathom the fallout from a Top 12 Qb pick being permanently replaced after just one season.
            People here are already convinced that the Viking front office is a mess...this would just confirm what they already know. If I'm not mistaken, they may be the only NFL franchise without a true football GM calling the shots. It's some weird mish-mash of ownership, financial guys, personal directors, and football coaching staff that make the decisions. So who knows what the hell they'll end up doing?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't think it's ever happened. The closest I recall was when the Seahawks took Dan McGwire in 1991 and then took Rick Mirer in 1993.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
                I don't think it's ever happened. The closest I recall was when the Seahawks took Dan McGwire in 1991 and then took Rick Mirer in 1993.
                I did find a couple of instances -- in 1989, the Cowboys took Troy Aikman #1 overall then took Steve Walsh with a 1st rounder in the supplemental draft; and in 1982 and 1983, the Colts used 1st rounders on Art Schicter and John Elway.

Comment

ironic that you missed an "L" of all letters in Schlichter, given his NFL play and gambling problems.

(ok, and an H, but there's no punchline there.)

re Vikings: Occurs to me that next year some NFC division will go 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc vs NFC North.
                  So 1 plays mighty Packers, 2 plays upswing Lions, 3 plays Cutler-ized Bears - and 4 may play ADP-less Vikings (depending on when the game is played, but not likely he's 100 pct ADP anyway).

And the winner is..... wait for it, moonlightJ...... the Redskins (who ironically just lost to the Vikings last week).

Nice little 2012 bonus in a tightly-packed division.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I did find a couple of instances -- in 1989, the Cowboys took Troy Aikman #1 overall then took Steve Walsh with a 1st rounder in the supplemental draft; and in 1982 and 1983, the Colts used 1st rounders on Art Schicter and John Elway.
                    Good finds. I remember Steve Walsh being a Cowboy breifly, but I don't remember (or understand) the Cowboys using a 1st round pick on him the year after taking Aikman. The Colts situation is a bit more understandable because Schlichter was suspended indefinitely for gambling after the 1982 season.

For Hornsby's sake, I hope the Vikings don't take a QB with the 3rd pick next year and that AP is able to return sooner rather than later.

Comment

Jimmy Johnson had just arrived in Dallas, and he had just won a national championship with Walsh at U of Miami.
                      So yeah, first overall pick in NFL draft and first pick in supplemental draft - two QBs.

funny, the Cowboys were 0-11 in Aikman starts as a rookie in 1989, and 1-4 with Walsh.

Walsh then played in just one game in 1990, then he was dealt to the Saints, where he went 6-5 in 11 starts, knocking out the Cowboys for the Saints' 2nd-ever playoff berth (says wiki).

I guess he was injury-prone, playing in only 8 games in 1991 and zero in 1992. He bounced back to go 8-3 as a starter for the 1994 Bears, winning a playoff game. But Erik Kramer won the starting Bears gig in 1995, and that was about it for Walsh's career. Backup for Rams, Bucs, and finally Peyton Manning and Colts in 1999.

that is one odd career...
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I suspect that upper management is going to push Ponder hard in order to show that they didn't make a mistake in drafting him.
                        Which is what they did with Tarvaris Jackson until Childress was fired.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          So 1 plays mighty Packers
                          One of the few silver linings of the Eagles missing the playoffs.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            Jimmy Johnson had just arrived in Dallas, and he had just won a national championship with Walsh at U of Miami.
                            So yeah, first overall pick in NFL draft and first pick in supplemental draft - two QBs.

funny, the Cowboys were 0-11 in Aikman starts as a rookie in 1989, and 1-4 with Walsh.

Walsh then played in just one game in 1990, then he was dealt to the Saints, where he went 6-5 in 11 starts, knocking out the Cowboys for the Saints' 2nd-ever playoff berth (says wiki).

I guess he was injury-prone, playing in only 8 games in 1991 and zero in 1992. He bounced back to go 8-3 as a starter for the 1994 Bears, winning a playoff game. But Erik Kramer won the starting Bears gig in 1995, and that was about it for Walsh's career. Backup for Rams, Bucs, and finally Peyton Manning and Colts in 1999.

that is one odd career...
                            Very odd indeed. It seems like he had enough success to land a starting gig somewhere. I wonder if it was anything like Jeff George's situation; where he tended to tick people off every where he went.

Speaking of Jeff George, he was willing to take over if Favre didn't return to the Vikings. So the Vikings could bring him in if 2 QBs aren't enough for a controversy.
                            Appearing with Paul Allen of KFAN, George said he’d be willing to jump in and take over, if Favre decides to get out.
                            So if -- and it's a really big "if" at this point -- Brett Favre conducts his Third Annual Retirement and doesn't chase it with his Third Annual Unretirement, at least one veteran quarterback has thrown his hat into the ring.

Comment

Working...
                            X