Yeah Boise State really sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Boise State really sucks

Why in the world should anybody think they belonged in a BCS bowl game?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Why in the world should anybody think they belonged in a BCS bowl game?
    There are a lot of rational arguments to be made for including the Boise States of the world in the BCS and giving them a shot at the mythical national championship. Boise State beating a 6-6 Arizona State team 56-24 is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
      There are a lot of rational arguments to be made for including the Boise States of the world in the BCS and giving them a shot at the mythical national championship. Boise State beating a 6-6 Arizona State team 56-24 is not one of them.
      Yes it is. It shows that Boise is indeed heads and tails above other BCS conference teams.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Yes it is. It shows that Boise is indeed heads and tails above other BCS conference teams.
        Well, sure, but even the most anti-small school person (which is not me, even in the least. I think they should be given their shot if they're undefeated, which they're not.) doesn't think Boise State can't beat a .500 BCS conference team. I don't think you would find anyone who thinks Boise State would struggle with a team like Indiana or Minnesota, one of the Big 10 bottom feeders.

Boise State beating a mediocre at best Arizona State team lends no support to the justification that they should be given a shot at the national title as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Well, sure, but even the most anti-small school person (which is not me, even in the least. I think they should be given their shot if they're undefeated, which they're not.) doesn't think Boise State can't beat a .500 BCS conference team. I don't think you would find anyone who thinks Boise State would struggle with a team like Indiana or Minnesota, one of the Big 10 bottom feeders.

Boise State beating a mediocre at best Arizona State team lends no support to the justification that they should be given a shot at the national title as far as I am concerned.
          Well we will disagree.

Comment

Dude, they crushed the 72nd team in the nation. If that's not a proof they are one of the best teams in the NCAA, I don't know what is.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Dude, they crushed the 72nd team in the nation. If that's not a proof they are one of the best teams in the NCAA, I don't know what is.
              Especially a 72nd ranked team that was playing for a lame duck coach with a team that quit.

Comment

I'm curious to see how Boise performs in the Big East. While it is a disrespected conference, every team is probably better than most of their current conference opponents and they have quite a few big OOC scalps the last couple/few years and they are all used to playing BCS competition OOC and in conference. The only real loss for the Big East is WVU as Pitt and Cuse's football teams have not done much. Everyone seems to think they will step in and win the Big East immediately. Personally I don't think they will and they will realize how hard it is to actual play against good opponents almost every week that have similar talent.

don't get me wrong, I think Boise is a good team, but I think if they had to play the majority of their games against better competition we will see a big difference in their performance and they will find the going much tougher.

Comment

I sat through this with Utah this year. The big difference is 4 turnovers vs. Washington means the Utes lose by 20. When Utah was in the Mtn West and had 4 turnovers vs. New Mexico they still won by 20 points. The talk was about how Utah would face good schools and would have a tough time in the Pac-12. Utah was in almost every game and could have won. I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda, but I am just saying they were competitive every game but 1. The USC game was a close loss and no Stanford or Oregon on the schedule did make it easier but I think the dregs of the Pac-12 are much better than those of the Big East.

Boise is losing Moore so I don't know about their QB but I wouldn't be surprised to see Boise run undefeated or 1 loss next year, just winning by 10-14 instead of 25-30. The Big East isn't a very good conference.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                    I sat through this with Utah this year. The big difference is 4 turnovers vs. Washington means the Utes lose by 20. When Utah was in the Mtn West and had 4 turnovers vs. New Mexico they still won by 20 points. The talk was about how Utah would face good schools and would have a tough time in the Pac-12. Utah was in almost every game and could have won. I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda, but I am just saying they were competitive every game but 1. The USC game was a close loss and no Stanford or Oregon on the schedule did make it easier but I think the dregs of the Pac-12 are much better than those of the Big East.

Boise is losing Moore so I don't know about their QB but I wouldn't be surprised to see Boise run undefeated or 1 loss next year, just winning by 10-14 instead of 25-30. The Big East isn't a very good conference.
                    I'm reading on the UCLA boards that Utah will be good next year.

Comment

I don't get the Big East is not a very good conference. Plus Boise will not be in it until 2013. Funny how they have a winning record against BCS conferences every season, but are no good. They are very balanced from top to bottom and most games are very competitive and there is never an easy game you can look past. They have gone .500 in BCS games, which only the Pac 12 and SEC can claim from BCS conferences with the ACC having 2 wins in 15 tries including a drubbing of their champion by WVU (Who battled every week to claim a share of the title in the Big East) this season 70-33. This year's new Big East blogger came in believing the hype that the Big East was horrible and by the end of the season, she was a believer that the Big East is very balanced and a much better league than they get credit for.

I don't let the media decide who is good. If they had their way, you'd have the SEC and then the Big 10 and then everyone else with the Big East being a nobody conference full of nobodies. The SEC is unbelievable loaded and at the top. The PAC 12 is better than they get credit for from many on the East. The ACC is very overrated and I have no clue how they got 2 BCS bids this year. The Big 10 is overhyped, though they have some really good teams up top most of the time, but I think they get more credit than they deserve quite often. The Big 12 is a strong conference. In my mind, you have the SEC and then it is close between the Big 12, PAC 12 and then the Big 10 (And I grew up a Buckeye fan and used to be on the Big 10 is the best bandwagon until I really started watching a ton of college football). Then the Big East and ACC are next, but they are close IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X