Packers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers

So do the Packers risk injuries playing for the perfect season?

Or will they play the starters just enough to keep the rust off.

It would look pretty stupid if they lost Rogers during the Bear or Lions games.

They've spoken openly (I'm sure I've heard Driver mention it) about wanting to go undefeated.

Comment

Funny team.

Last year I thought they were the best 10-6 team I'd ever seen, was not surprised they won the Super Bowl.

Now they're 12-0, and have a lot of injured pieces back.

How much better are they?
      Not convinced, overall, they are at all.

With a No. 1 seed, of course they have a good shot to get to and win the Super Bowl.
      But I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

Key may be SF getting the 2 seed - they can beat the Saints at home, but probably not the Packers on the road.
      Saints the biggest NFC scare for Pack, though those nutty Giants could get in their heads again, I suppose.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Funny team.

Last year I thought they were the best 10-6 team I'd ever seen, was not surprised they won the Super Bowl.

Now they're 12-0, and have a lot of injured pieces back.

How much better are they?
        Not convinced, overall, they are at all.

With a No. 1 seed, of course they have a good shot to get to and win the Super Bowl.
        But I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

Key may be SF getting the 2 seed - they can beat the Saints at home, but probably not the Packers on the road.
        Saints the biggest NFC scare for Pack, though those nutty Giants could get in their heads again, I suppose.
        I think the only way the Saints beat the Pack is if the game is indoors. With what I'm seeing with the Niners, I believe we at least have a puncher's chance against the Packers. Though I'll have to reevaluate that statement after I see the game against the Steelers. :-)

Comment

I picked up Matt Flynn in a few leagues as a backup just in case I lose my starter in the last 2 weeks and the Pack decides to rest Rodgers.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            I think the only way the Saints beat the Pack is if the game is indoors. With what I'm seeing with the Niners, I believe we at least have a puncher's chance against the Packers. Though I'll have to reevaluate that statement after I see the game against the Steelers. :-)
            They were talking about a possible Saints/Pack playoff game on one of the sports radio stations the other day. They said that ironically the Pack is not really built for the cold weather with their relatively weak running game, yet the Saints might actually have a better outdoor team with their stronger backfield.

Comment

What differentiates the Packers from the Saints and Patriots is that their defense leads the league in turnovers. That's pretty much it. The Packers could easily lose if the turnover magic isn't there and Rodgers has an off-game. That's not to say they will, though.

A Saints/Pack playoff game will look like their Week 1 matchup -- video-game type scoring, with the victory going to whomever gets the most turnovers.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The Pack had a more or less nonexistent running game last year, too, but they got one in the playoffs. It would be unwise to assume they could not do that again.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                X