Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name this player

Quarterback
    Frequently finds a way to be in the spotlight, in an "aw-shucks" kind of way
    Media loves him, 95% of most vocal fans dislike and/or mock him
    Not necessarily a great player, but "knows how to win", has a couple amazing plays a game and a couple astoundingly terrible ones

- Mike

p.s. would your answer change if I added "retired multiple times"?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

My first guesses were Tebow or E. Manning. Then I realized that you're talking about Favre. What do I win?
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I see what you're trying to do there, but the Favre didn't start being mocked/disliked until after he retired and came back and all of that. While he was playing he was definitely a gunslinger type who could make some terrible plays from time to time, but I'm pretty sure he was one of the more respected guys in the league. Most of the mockery has come well after his retirement(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        I see what you're trying to do there, but the Favre didn't start being mocked/disliked until after he retired and came back and all of that. While he was playing he was definitely a gunslinger type who could make some terrible plays from time to time, but I'm pretty sure he was one of the more respected guys in the league. Most of the mockery has come well after his retirement(s).
        yeah, absolutely. Also Favre was actually good for most of his career. Although the absurd love from the media also didn't come until fairly late, I think. I was mostly comparing him to Favre at the very end of his career.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
        X