Fantasy League Question - Am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy League Question - Am I crazy?

I'm in a 14 team non-PPR league and we're looking at making some changes for next year. There are alot of complaints because there just aren't enough good RBs to stock 14 teams (and cover bye weeks). So we're considering adding a flex spot to are starting linuep (currently 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K & 1DEF). I'm proposing we go to 1RB, 2WR and 1Flex but there are a couple of teams that think we should go to 1RB, 1WR, 2Flex. Am I crazy to think that being able to start 3RBs and 1WR makes no sense?

Please help me.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

I play in a 10 team league PPR, with with a starting lineup o f1 QB, 1 Rb, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 WR/RB, TE, K so no you are not crazy.
    Last edited by schlesinj; 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I'm not in any 14 team leagues, but I can understand the frustrations of not having enough talent to go around.

Is the flex spot RB/WR only?

I think if you make it 2 flex, then RB hoarding will continue anyway, since no PPR devalues WRs.

I would only go 2 flex if you change to PPR, since WRs would then outscore many RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        I play in a 10 team league, with with a starting lineup o f1 QB, 1 Rb, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 QB/RB, TE, K so no you are not crazy.
        3 QB/RB spots? That is definitely interesting.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Maybe you guys might think about implementing some changes (going PPR maybe?) to your scoring system that would deepen the pool of useful RBs as well?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I'm not in any 14 team leagues, but I can understand the frustrations of not having enough talent to go around.

Is the flex spot RB/WR only?

I think if you make it 2 flex, then RB hoarding will continue anyway, since no PPR devalues WRs.

I would only go 2 flex if you change to PPR, since WRs would then outscore many RBs.
            Yes, the flex spot is a RB/WR slot. I agree with having 2 flex spots leading to RB hoarding. I proposed going to PPR but I'm not sure if it will gain enough support.

Maybe I should drop this league and stay in the RJ Pay for Play league.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
              Yes, the flex spot is a RB/WR slot. I agree with having 2 flex spots leading to RB hoarding. I proposed going to PPR but I'm not sure if it will gain enough support.

Maybe I should drop this league and stay in the RJ Pay for Play league.
              You should definitely expand the flex to also include TEs, which should add value to them and the overall player pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                3 QB/RB spots? That is definitely interesting.
                Oops, that should be WR/RB (a simple flex).

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                  I'm in a 14 team non-PPR league and we're looking at making some changes for next year. There are alot of complaints because there just aren't enough good RBs to stock 14 teams (and cover bye weeks). So we're considering adding a flex spot to are starting linuep (currently 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K & 1DEF). I'm proposing we go to 1RB, 2WR and 1Flex but there are a couple of teams that think we should go to 1RB, 1WR, 2Flex. Am I crazy to think that being able to start 3RBs and 1WR makes no sense?

Please help me.
                  If the complaint is that it's too thin at RB, 2 flex will just make the problem worse. Especially if there's no PPR.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                  X