Clear All

• Week 11 Discussion Thread

Tebow meets Gang Green tonight

AJ Green looking "iffy"
    Mike Vick also iffy
    Stevie Johnson returns to practice today

Vick and Maclin did not practice today.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

McGahee active and looked fully healthy in pre-game.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I really don't know if I have the vocabulary to express just how much I loath Shonn Greene.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

tweet of the night:

@russbengtson: If Sanchez and Tebow played catch, they'd lose the ball down a sewer in five minutes.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            tweet of the night:

@russbengtson: If Sanchez and Tebow played catch, they'd lose the ball down a sewer in five minutes.
            Nice!

Comment

After watching this epic battle of patheticness, I thank the lucky stars that my Giants have Eli Manning at QB.

Comment

Brutal. But I'm stilll hoping Tebow pulls it out with a last minute TD drive. It'll make the national commentators nuts. And drive Jets fans wild, which is always a good thing, too.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Brutal. But I'm stilll hoping Tebow pulls it out with a last minute TD drive. It'll make the national commentators nuts. And drive Jets fans wild, which is always a good thing, too.
                  Nice call, Chance!

I don't have to ask if Tebow fans believe in miracles, because that was one. This guy was pure garbage for 50 minutes (again), and yet they win. He needs to thank the defense for keeping him in this.

The Jets should be ashamed of themselves.

But somehow, Denver fans, your team is right there. So Tebow certainly has been a better solution than Orton has, no question.

Comment

Yes, let him thank the Jets D, the Chiefs D, the Dolphins D and the Raiders D.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I haven’t been very interested in any of the pro and con Tebow stuff, but I do enjoy someone who succeeds in spite of “not doing it the right way” in the NFL - however temporarily.

It’s so militaristic – you have to play a certain offensive style, or else. Even if your version is within the rules, it still has to be within the rigid parameters.

They hate when a guy like Tebow screws up the game plans because no one else is doing what he does. Even the NFL media falls into line.

Awful game, and I only tuned back for the final 2 minutes, but that was exciting.

Unpredictable and unexpected is fun.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Yes, let him thank the Jets D, the Chiefs D, the Dolphins D and the Raiders D.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                        This guy is the best worst QB ever. This is like a Keystone Kops episode that never ends. There must be divine intervention going on, because there is no explanation how a guy who just hands the ball off and misses passes by miles suddenly has defenses in tatters the last minute of ball games. Just miraculous.

Comment

great post on FBGs:
                          "I'm not sure if 'clutch' is a myth, but I've never seen someone so awful be so clutch. Missed receivers 10 yards downfield all night. Even on that last drive, Rosario bailed him out. I know he's 4-1, but it a pitcher in baseball was 4-1 with an 11.00 ERA, would we think he's fantastic? What a strange game....amazing he's even had a chance to make a couple of the comebacks he's made."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            This guy is the best worst QB ever. This is like a Keystone Kops episode that never ends. There must be divine intervention going on, because there is no explanation how a guy who just hands the ball off and misses passes by miles suddenly has defenses in tatters the last minute of ball games. Just miraculous.
                            "he cant do this. He cant do that. " bla bla bla. He won again. It boggles the senses of some but i will sleep well tonight.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

While I'm neither on the pro or anti Tebow camp, I don't think this offense can keep winning for 16 games. Either Tebow improves as a passer or this offense will eventually get figured out and walloped.

Comment

Working...
                              X