Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Can you expand on that Lucky?
    I'm not talking about a "holier than thou" thing. I just remember there was a fair amount written about him being a very cocky and arrogant player, separate from the religious angle.

I think you could argue that he had the goods to back up the talk, but some people still like their sports heroes to be humble. I don't think it's as important as it used to be, especially for the younger generation of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      I'm not talking about a "holier than thou" thing. I just remember there was a fair amount written about him being a very cocky and arrogant player, separate from the religious angle.

I think you could argue that he had the goods to back up the talk, but some people still like their sports heroes to be humble. I don't think it's as important as it used to be, especially for the younger generation of fans.

I didnt follow him much in college (not a college fan) so i csnt answer but everything i have heard from him while in the NFL has stuck me as humble.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I didnt follow him much in college (not a college fan) so i csnt answer but everything i have heard from him while in the NFL has stuck me as humble.
        It was college stuff. I haven't followed him since the NFL, but it was hard to avoid him in college. He was a human highlight film. I liked the fact that he wasn't afraid to run to contact like most QBs. He would put a hat on somebody in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post

I don't know what he's like in the locker room or on the field, but as far as his public persona goes, the guy is humble to a fault - he's all "Aw, shucks" and "I'm to blame" when things go wrong and "Others deserve the credit" when things go right. I think some people finding his humility annoying.

A lot of people want him to succeed and a lot of people want him to fail for reasons having nothing to do with football.
          Last edited by senorsheep; 11-08-2011, 04:15 PM.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Glad to hear that he's being a humble young star. I wish him well...he has the talent to be very special.

Comment

So now that Denver has basically admitted he's not a passer by moving to the read-option offense full time, the real question is: how long can this last? How long can Tebow last taking hit after hit from lightning-quick cornerbacks or Mack Truck-like linebackers? For all intents and purposes, Tebow will likely get hit on every play. What if he gets hurt and Quinn or Orton have to come in -- does the option offense get instantly scrapped?

Longer-term, the position of QB just simply cannot be filled by a RB at the pro level. It's not a solution, and every single NFL executive would agree with that.

In hindsight, this is exactly why they traded Lloyd -- he's in a contract year, and they knew moving to Tebow full-time would depress his stats to the point of him becoming vocal. Elway & Fox knew Tebow's shortcomings as a passer would lead to a heavily loaded run-first offense, with the read-option as a likely scenario. They had to get rid of Lloyd to avoid a locker room uprising.

For the record, the option may make him a better fantasy QB, so I'm all for it!

Comment

I cant see them going to a full time option offense. Last week was about 25% as far as I could tell.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Taken from FBG. com article

Last week, during the Lions destroying of the Broncos, Detroit's Stephen Tulloch and Tony Scheffler having fun mocking Tim Tebow.

Tebow was asked about it.

"Obviously you don't know somebody's intentions, so you don't want to judge. I won't judge what he did, but I think he was probably just having fun," Tebow said of Tulloch.

"I think he was just excited he made a good play, he got a sack, and good for him. He was just celebrating, having fun with his teammates, and I don't take offense to that."

He also said he didn't mind comments to Yahoo! from a Detroit player who disparaged Tebow's abilities as a quarterback.

"Can you believe 15?" the player told Yahoo!'s Michael Silver, referring to Tebow's jersey number. "Come on -- that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?' "

Tebow's response?

"Honestly, I don't really take offense to that. I'll just try to get better from that game and improve and just continue to get better as a football player," he said.

"You're going to have people that praise you and people that criticize you and everything in between. If I listened to everything that you all say, my world would be so up and down. I'm grounded upon my faith, my family, and that's what grounds me. Football is what I do for a living and what I do for fun. If I rode the roller coaster of what everybody says about me then my life would be a lot more hectic than what it is."

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/...domshots10.php

Comment

It's not him...it's the canonization of him that drives me nuts. I live in FL so I've been dealing with it for years

Comment

Taken from FBG. com article
                      Any footballguys in here?
                      I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                        Any footballguys in here?
                        I'm not a paying subscriber but I read the boards sometimes and get the email updates.

I probably spend the most time in the Redskins thread, because there's high comedy in there.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

FBG boards are great and suck at the same time. Theres a lot of smart posters but you need to wade through a bunch of smarmy comments.

Comment

FBG boards are great and suck at the same time. Theres a lot of smart posters but you need to wade through a bunch of smarmy comments.
                            agreed. It's like everyone is Mr. Weisenheimer there.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              agreed. It's like everyone is Mr. Weisenheimer there.
                              Sounds extremely irritating
                              I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

You gotta stick to certain threads and topics and for the love of God, do not wander into the "Free for All" forum.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X