Week Nine Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Wait, if I can't get Jude the Younger riled up, then I have failed!

Not a Giants fan, either, but I agree with your assessment. The 49ers did manage the game pretty well, at least, however uneventful it was. One dreadful mistake on the road in a low-scoring game, and you could see things go awry.
    Regardless of my fealty to my team and God knows it borders on fanaticism, I also always attempt to call things down the middle. :-)

Comment

It is hard to believe that, after an asset rearrangement like that, the Chefs are still tied for 1st. Unreal.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        It is hard to believe that, after an asset rearrangement like that, the Chefs are still tied for 1st. Unreal.

J

Its no accompishment, belive me
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, onejayhawk, the 2007-08 SB champion Giants lost 5 games by double digits (the only one they didn't lose by that amount, they scored a TD in the waning seconds to avoid a 6th such game).

A year later, the Cardinals - maybe the worst team at the time ever to qualify for the playoffs (3-7 outside their JV division) got within inches of winning a Super Bowl title.

And last year, the hapless 7-9 Seahawks - the most overmatched playoff team ever in terms of PF/PA, iirc, beat the champion Saints in the 1st rd.

The NFL may be going the way of MLB and NHL in terms of postseason randomness. So if the Chiefs get in.....

Ironic that the sport where the regular season has the most impact - the NBA, for homecourt advantage - is the one on the sidelines.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

AFC
            Patriots 5-3, Jets 5-3, Bills 5-3, Dolphins 1-7
            Ravens 6-2, Bengals 6-2, Steelers 6-3, Browns 3-5
            Texans 6-3, Titans 4-4, Jaguars 2-6, Colts 0-9
            Chargers 4-4, Raiders 4-4, Chiefs 4-4, Broncos 3-5

NFC
            Giants 6-2, Cowboys 4-4, Eagles 3-4*, Redskins 3-5
            Packers 8-0, Lions 6-2, Bears 4-3*, Vikings 2-6
            Saints 6-3, Falcons 5-3, Buccaneers 4-4, Panthers 2-6
            49ers 7-1, Seahawks 2-6, Cardinals 2-6, Rams 1-7

SUCK FOR LUCK
            Colts 0-9

Dolphins 1-7
            Rams 1-7

Cardinals 2-6
            Jaguars 2-6
            Vikings 2-6
            Panthers 2-6
            Seahawks 2-6

WEEK 10 KEY GAMES, division games in CAPS

THURSDAY
            RAIDERS 4-4 at CHARGERS 4-4 - hey, someone has to win this division!

SUNDAY EARLY
            STEELERS 6-3 at BENGALS 6-2
            SAINTS 6-3 at FALCONS 5-3
            Texans 6-3 at Buccaneers 4-4
            Bills 5-3 at Cowboys 4-4
            BRONCOS 3-5 at CHIEFS 4-4 - sigh

SUNDAY LATER
            LIONS 6-2 at BEARS 4-3*
            Giants 6-2 at 49ers 7-1

SUNDAY NIGHT
            PATRIOTS 5-3 at JETS 5-3
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The vaunted Steeler Defense crumbles again...92 yards for a winning TD...nice..
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Its no accompishment, belive me
                Gee. Who are we playing this week?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Gee. Who are we playing this week?

J

If we can win in Oakland, we can win in KC and the one thing that benefits the Broncos is that other than Hali, KC cannot rush the passer.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I need approx. 200 yards and 3 TDs from Matt Forte tonight to win my games. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                      I need approx. 200 yards and 3 TDs from Matt Forte tonight to win my games. Fingers crossed.
                      Does it matter how he gets the TDs?

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        The Broncos under Tebow move within a game of the AFC West lead.

Yes, really.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Now, theres no way you can tell me the coaches are setting him up to succeed. Ran on first down ad nauseum. No screens, no slants, nothing easy for him to get in a rythym. The play-calling was as horrific as the play.
                          They allowed 7 sacks. Now some of that was on Tebow because he needs to get rid of it quicker but Orlando franklin had a rough day on Tebows blindside.
                          well, sir, those turned out to be some pretty good observations last week. this week, they ran a read-option offensive scheme, the offensive line showed up, and looky what happened.

can they continue to run a college offense and be successful? or will the league catch on?
                          ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                            well, sir, those turned out to be some pretty good observations last week. this week, they ran a read-option offensive scheme, the offensive line showed up, and looky what happened.

can they continue to run a college offense and be successful? or will the league catch on?

There's no way a team with a starting QB with a <50% completion percentage can be successful long-term in today's NFL. That's the 4th straight game the Broncos had 130 yards passing or less. Yechhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                There's no way a team with a starting QB with a <50% completion percentage can be successful long-term in today's NFL. That's the 4th straight game the Broncos had 130 yards passing or less. Yechhhh!
                                thats true but he was markedly better just one week later. Its funny to me that many believe theres so much about Tebow that cant be fixed or improved. I am not sure if he can be a good starting QB in the NFL or not but why in the world wouldnt the Broncos use the whole season to find out? There is nothing to lose here. He works hard. He displays leadership skills. He even handles all the garbage his peers in the NFL and the media throws about, with class. He is working with a less than talented team, a baby offensive line and an offensively challenged head coach, yet he is 2-1.

Peytons numbers were hideous as a rookie. 29 INTs and 3-13 record. Troy Aikman had 9 TDs and 18 picks with a 53 comp %. They both turned out okay. Thats not to say Tebow will be as good as either of them but the tearing down of this kid, because he doesnt fit everyone's prototypical QB mode, is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X